Dynadot

question You've sold more domains at Sedo or Afternic thread?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

You've had most sales at Afternic or Sedo?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Afternic

votes
    55.9%
  • Sedo

votes
    44.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I thought it would be interesting to see where most of you are getting your sales from (not including direct landing pages are outbound) in terms of these two market places. If we could follow the following template:

1. Most sales at Sedo or Afternic?

2. The amount of sales you've had at either of the two platforms compared to the other over the last few years?

3. You're highest sale at Afternic or Sedo in terms of xx to xxxx etc? Keep the domain name private if you wish.

I think that this thread will provide encouragement to those who are mulling over whether to list their domains at either of these platforms or even both, or which is better etc.

Thanks

I've even added a poll just for good measure.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Me namepros....

All my name not selling on afternic and sedo

•••
•••
•••
My own site or landing pages have produced 90%+ of all of my sales since 2003
Afternic would be the strongest third party I've used which I believe is due to https://www.afternic.com/domain-reseller-network last sale through them was in the 3k range on a few year old $8 expired pickup.

•••
All sales through afternic, none through sedo

•••
most of my sales are actually through GD premium auctions, the sedo, then Afternic

•••
most of my sales are actually through GD premium auctions, the sedo, then Afternic

Can i list names on godaddy premium even if they are held at other registrars?

•••
Can i list names on godaddy premium even if they are held at other registrars?

When you list on Afternic it shows up in GoDaddy's registration path, which is the same thing, unless godaddy premium shows up in other places I don't know of.

•••
More through efty in past 2 months than through Sedo or Afternic combined over past two years.

Flippa still my #1

•••
•••
Personally, I list everywhere, just had most sales through Flippa and efty over Afternic and Sedo with Sedo being the least number of sales

•••
I had more sales through Afternic, but it technically confirms that I simply have more domains listed with Afternic (vs. Sedo). Each service has its pros and cons. If a domain name has more chances to be purchased by EU-based buyer, which includes domains that are themselves in European languages - I'd normally list it with Sedo and in EUROs. Paying in native currency is always easier for buyers, SEPA bank transfers are almost real-time, and such buyers do not have "only GoDaddy" preference. To the contrary, if I feel that the domain may be purchased by North American buyer - I'd list it with Afternic, in USD and in many cases is would be sold on GD as the result.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo by far. 95% of my sales have been on Sedo. (after that, inbound email inquiries, and then Afternic. I think I've only sold two names on Afternic).

I attribute my earliest sales on Sedo to their reach in the European market; my first domain sale was a .DE, and they're a German company.

Beyond that, I've used Sedo more throughout the years because Afternic's backend used to be really cumbersome and annoying.

I've had plenty of offers and negotiations at Sedo that haven't led to sales, but the platform has served me well. With Afternic, it seems to be all about priced, BIN names, and telephone "inquries" from brokers requesting floor prices that don't seem to ever lead to anything. The names I sold on Sedo were marked Buy It Now. At Sedo, most of them are "Make Offer."

•••
Most of my domain sales are through Afternic, but that's not unexpected as I have more there than on Sedo.

I tend to use Sedo for extensions that I can't put on Afternic.

•••
All the big sales that we see happening on Sedo, do you think that the buyers make them by using the "homepage featured listing" ($70 for 30 days)?

Is there such a feature on Afternic?

Otherwise, how can people find you on these 2 sites?

•••
•••
For some reason it's Namecheap for me.

•••
•••
More through efty in past 2 months than through Sedo or Afternic combined over past two years.

Flippa still my #1
How long did it take you to sell your first domain ? Do efty allow us sellers to sell usd on there ? How did you sell your domain on efty ?

•••
•••
my EFTY site & AFTERNIC , then very, very far behind, Sedo

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back