Dynadot

discuss Your reg. of the day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Mine:

HeatingFuel.org

I think the net sold recent at auction for over $1,000 and is reg to Frank Schilling (I think) or his business name. This org name was dropped after 6 years according domain tools. Since I run woodpelletfuel.org with great serp's this can make a good addition. I find it boring though.

### WARNING ###
DOMAINING CAN BE ADDICTING
### WARNING ###

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lots of GREAT domain names getting registered. Who said there were no more great .coms?

•••
B O I N K B O T

dotcom

Last edited:
•••
•••
D a t a E x c h a n g e S e r v i c e s .com

Last edited:
•••
upload_2019-1-26_4-29-46.png

•••
Lots of GREAT domain names getting registered. Who said there were no more great .coms?
Great? O_o I must be missing something. I reckon (with a few exceptions) most of the names in this thread aren't even good.

•••
•••
•••
•••
XchangeMyCar /com
HempCity /xyz
HempHeaven /xyz

•••
Registered BlockchainOK.io today. Going to develop it into a job board for blockchain/crypto jobs.

•••
•••
Great? O_o I must be missing something. I reckon (with a few exceptions) most of the names in this thread aren't even good.

This is a strange thread. There are some pretty good names from time to time, but I'll also see total dogs getting a lot of likes. I might be in the minority, but I'd think this thread much more worthwhile if folks would vote their actual sentiment. There's no way some of these names would even get picked up off the sidewalk by some of you folks clicking that like button.

Nobody is doing anyone favors by liking some of these names on here. Maybe the dislike button is too honest for some, but I invite anyone who dislikes my name to click dislike. I mean that. If it's a dog, call it out.

Or at least consider this: before clicking the like button, imagine the domain expires tomorrow and you're voting for the name not to be dropped. Otherwise, what's the point?

Last edited:
•••
Lot of times, not some much "votes" than acknowledgments... especially for the regulars. Kind of like 10-4..

•••
•••
Lot of times, not some much "votes" than acknowledgments... especially for the regulars. Kind of like 10-4..

Seems like a strange behavior to part-take in. Maybe there should be a separate button for "I'm a person who read your post." I've never had a fb or similar, so this is a strange world to try to get to know.

•••
This is a strange thread. There are some pretty good names from time to time, but I'll also see total dogs getting a lot of likes. I might be in the minority, but I'd think this thread much more worthwhile if folks would vote their actual sentiment. There's no way some of these names would even get picked up off the sidewalk by some of you folks clicking that like button.

Nobody is doing anyone favors by liking some of these names on here. Maybe the dislike button is too honest for some, but I invite anyone who dislikes my name to click dislike. I mean that. If it's a dog, call it out.

Or at least consider this: before clicking the like button, imagine the domain expires tomorrow and you're voting for the name not to be dropped. Otherwise, what's the point?

I agree. I hand register all the time. I know for a fact some of the ones I registered are complete crap and I will most certainly drop, but I also know that I will keep a lot of them. I think its fine to hit like or dislike if its honest. Constructive criticism is a good thing, but often people think they are doing that when the person on the other end perceives it as hurtful. There is a lot of talent on here and I think this thread is awesome.

•••
Seems like a strange behavior to part-take in. Maybe there should be a separate button for "I'm a person who read your post." I've never had a fb or similar, so this is a strange world to try to get to know.
Well, we all develop our own habits and ways of relaying acknowledgments or likes.

I agree, it can be a bit misleading if a crappy reg gets a ton of "likes" and lead the regger to believe they are doing right. But what's crappy to one, is gold to another, and vice-versa.

•••
...But what's crappy to one, is gold to another, and vice-versa.

I can interpret this two ways.

1. This dog is actually a good name and I lack the vision, knowledge, etc. to recognize it.

2. If this name is a dog to me, but gold to them, good on them. Yeah, they're delusional, but they're happy to get likes and we should make people happy. Likes all around.

•••

Usually there are a few people that like names only when it's good. I look out for such likes when I post my regs. I get the idea of the dislike button but using it may become too much work (trust me, they're tons of name to dislike here even by my noob standards). Then it may be abused. Dislikes might however help with some good (constructive?) criticism.

•••
•••
BoinkBot is awesome. I have Boiink.com

rs=h:650,cg:true

Thanks. I thought it was up your alley when I regged it. I scoped your page last night afterward and did see Boiink. I think B R A I N S d e e p is quite clever.

•••
Thanks. I thought it was up your alley when I regged it. I scoped your page last night afterward and did see Boiink. I think B R A I N S d e e p is quite clever.

I had fun with that one.

•••
You are completely right. I think this thread is an example of how not to do domaining. I am not against handreggae but at least do it right. There is a lot of wasted money in here. And in fact the majority of the domains are already slated for the droplist next year.

Domainers often complain that they came late to the game, as if that was some kind of excuse for not aiming high. But if they could be transported back to 1996 they would still register subpar domain names.

•••
It’s tricky. I like getting creative, and sometimes I sit back after a reg and think to myself, “Good one! Daddy’s gonna get a new gnome for the garden!” And then I think about it a bit and I consider the likelihood that I have a clever name that people will smile at but nobody will buy. I don’t think that’s a healthy pattern to develop. Even worse, when people reg absolute dogs and accumulate a nice little bounty of likes, and a feedback loop develops that isn’t good for anyone but the registrar.

And I know the registrars are a part of this and I don’t mean to detract from their revenues, but we need to be honest in here folks. Don’t encourage your peers to go down a bad path. Let’s encourage each other to buy names that will earn them a profit. Clicking on like because you want to acknowledge that you’re living on the same planet will likely have negative consequences.

A lot of the regs in here are junk. I speak for myself as well. I’ve made purchases that I’m not 100% behind and if the renew date were next week I’d need guidance. I’m not alone in this.

Stop liking the dogs. I’m sure you’re all well-meaning people and I wish you nothing but good things. That’s why I think we should recognize the bad things so we can move past them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back