IT.COM

showcase Your Purchase or Snap of the Day (No Handregs)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This thread is NOT for registered Domain Names which you found available.

This is only for domain names which you bought from other people or which you snapped with Backorder Services like Snapnames, Namejet, Godaddy, etc.

You can mention the price if you want but its not necessary

Ok i will Start with some from last 14 days

EDITED :)

(i buy and snap mostly german ones, but also english ones sometimes)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Funny, I was just reading that thread when you posted this.
One of the most challenging aspects of investing is discipline. It takes a while to become truly discipline and to feel proud when you DON'T register a new domain. I would say a couple of renewal cycles without any offers or traffic teaches us this.

•••
I would say a couple of renewal cycles without any offers or traffic teaches us this.

There may be some truth to this, but Mike Mann seems to hold many of his domains for up to 5 years before a sale.

•••
Who is going to buy Scotlandyard/xyz?

Certainly not Scotland Yard or any business entity!

The same goes for Seaslug.

Please tell me what business would be interested in forking over cash for that name.

The purpose of this forum is to try and help each other.

With that in mind, I just took a look at some of the other domains you own.

Mark - may I suggest you study this forum a little more and save your $ before you invest in more bad names.

We all go through a learning process, myself included, before we finally "get" what makes a good, sellable, name.

Again, I am not trying to put you down - just trying to help. :xf.smile:

Best way to learn is to make it hurt lol.
Been there done that, people understand only when it hurts..

•••
Who is going to buy Scotlandyard/xyz?

Certainly not Scotland Yard or any business entity!

The same goes for Seaslug.

Please tell me what business would be interested in forking over cash for that name.

The purpose of this forum is to try and help each other.

With that in mind, I just took a look at some of the other domains you own.

Mark - may I suggest you study this forum a little more and save your $ before you invest in more bad names.

We all go through a learning process, myself included, before we finally "get" what makes a good, sellable, name.

Again, I am not trying to put you down - just trying to help. :xf.smile:
you aren't in a position, nor capable to put me down. That said, one persons likes, is another's dislikes. I'm happy with my domains and that's all that counts... oh and thanks for trying to be helpful, but when I need help I have no problem asking for it, ok.

•••
unspoileditaly.png

.com

•••
I'm happy with my domains and that's all that counts...
Instead of considering what you personally like, you'd do better if you instead considered what kinds of domains end-users like. You might be happy with your domains, but this has no significance for buyers, and end-users are not going to materialize for scotlandyard.xyz even though you think it's great and couldn't believe that it was still available for hand reg.

If your aim is to make a profit with domains, whether or not you like your own domains isn't "all that counts", because this factor has no impact on buyer demand.

•••
Focsle.com

Marine term (fo'c'sle is a common abbreve for forcastle), few other extensions regged, few businesses have this in their name. We'll see if it was a waste of money :)

•••
Instead of considering what you personally like, you'd do better if you instead considered what kinds of domains end-users like. You might be happy with your domains, but this has no significance for buyers, and end-users are not going to materialize for scotlandyard.xyz even though you think it's great and couldn't believe that it was still available for hand reg.

If your aim is to make a profit with domains, whether or not you like your own domains isn't "all that counts", because this factor has no impact on buyer demand.
If I like to own a domain name then I'll buy it. and, only some domainers, but all end users will see value in a domain name Like this one no matter how fickle others may think it is..I am curious of those that say "Who's going to buy that domain?" especially when dotcom; net; org; info; co; eu; uk; and others are all registered, this means (to me) that naysayers have no use for that particular domain, or don't see the possibilities/ potintial. maybe they own a identical domain name.. well, because, others have been reged.(y) in the mean time just pickedup wait for it...AUGMENT-EZ./com
among others at a later time.

Last edited:
•••
If I like to own a domain name then I'll buy it. and, only some domainers, but all end users will see value in a domain name Like this one no matter how fickle others may think it is..I am curious of those that say "Who's going to buy that domain?" especially when dotcom; net; org; info; co; eu; uk; and others are all registered, this means (to me) that naysayers have no use for that particular domain, or don't see the possibilities/ potintial. maybe they own a identical domain name.. well, because, others have been reged.(y) in the mean time just pickedup wait for it...AUGMENT-EZ./com
among others at a later time.

Cool. All end-users would be interested in that so you can easily sell this for $xxxx in a few days. Congrats.

This thread is for purchases other than handregs so please post your handregs here, thx

https://www.namepros.com/threads/your-reg-of-the-day.528260/

•••
One of the most challenging aspects of investing is discipline. It takes a while to become truly discipline and to feel proud when you DON'T register a new domain. I would say a couple of renewal cycles without any offers or traffic teaches us this.
Ive always said its best to find reasons NOT to by a domain rather than reasons to buy it and if you can't find any, buy it. Its easier to find false positives than false negatives so makes more of an honest purchase when done this way if that makes sense.

•••
Got seo-india•com ... and it's aged - 2003 :)
Imagine what that would do with the right content.

•••
If decide to sell SCOTLANDYARD/xyz I believe it will sell quickly.. Is your $xxxx indicative of a suggestive price point?

•••
I am curious of those that say "Who's going to buy that domain?" especially when dotcom; net; org; info; co; eu; uk; and others are all registered

Just because other domain extensions are also registered does not always mean your domain has value.

Many times other inexperienced domainers will pick up domains in other extensions because they are under the same mistaken impression that a particular domain has value as a resell.

There are millions of domainers and most do it part time and lack the experience needed to identify a name that could have resale value to a interested end user.

I will openly admit however, I have seen domains sell I never thought would find an end user in a million years, so of course it is possible this domain could sell at some point.

However it is a very long shot and possibly a very long hold.

I've seen some really bad names sell that blew my mind, so never say never.

Wouldn't it be better to invest in names with a better chance of selling to an end user instead of betting on a long shot such as this? :xf.smile:

•••
Instead of considering what you personally like, you'd do better if you instead considered what kinds of domains end-users like.

That is exactly what I am trying to point out !

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
That is exactly what I am trying to point out !

Thanks.
There are thousands of people associated with Scotland yard that may be interested in owning this domain name, Scotland yard is more then a century old institution, it's away of life, this name is held close to the chest.. but who said this domain name was for sale?

Last edited:
•••
There are thousands of people associated with Scotland yard that may be interested in owning this domain name
Really ? And in .xyz ? It was available for a reason. But I suppose that if it's not for sale then you have development plans and everybody is curious to know which ones...

PS: since people are posting their recent regs in this thread they should expect the occasional comments and even criticism or warnings about TM issues.

•••
Really ? And in .xyz ? It was available for a reason. But I suppose that if it's not for sale then you have development plans and everybody is curious to know which ones...

PS: since people are posting their recent regs in this thread they should expect the occasional comments and even criticism or warnings about TM issues.

Let it go. A few years of renewals will do the trick, if he is stubborn then a bit more :)

•••

oh so that's it. I take it you don't care much for .xyz, well you may be surprised soon. as for my plans none will be provided.

•••
Let it go. A few years of renewals will do the trick, if he is stubborn then a bit more :)
sound like some would like me to drop SCOTLANDYARD/xyz. I may be wrong. lol

•••
sound like some would like me to drop SCOTLANDYARD/xyz. I may be wrong. lol

Getting emotional is first mistake for every domainer.

•••
Getting emotional is first mistake for every domainer.
emotional, lol, I said like the domain name.The fact that I have been posting on this board in regards SCOTLANDYARD/xyz for almost two days now speaks volumes in my opinion, I also find it rather amusing.

•••
emotional, lol, I said like the domain name.The fact that I have been posting on this board in regards SCOTLANDYARD/xyz for almost two days now speaks volumes in my opinion, I also find it rather amusing.

Gl

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back