Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ForexPros

Account Closed
Impact
What is the maximum income you make from one domain parked

$100/month from me

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$20.53/month was the highest one of my domain got.

•••
$425 but the name was previously developed so there were enough links scattered

•••
•••
$169 -- From a dot org name. It's consistently $120 & up for last 8 month.

•••
How did everyone aquire these names? Were they caught, or by places like snap names, enom etc..? I have yet to find aname that earns $$$ a month, though I was happy to have hand regged a .tv name that earns $$$ a year.

WOW :yell:

•••
$1.00 yay.................

•••
•••
About $425.00...came out of nowhere, 25,000+ hits in one month, next month sold it for a nice amount $$$$. Expired 4 letter lanquishing and doing nothing for numerous months. Seemed like nothing until I realized where it was going. First two letters were a country code.

Last edited:
•••
about $25 month on a nice college related .net with links...

Am just getting into finding developers though...have some nice names to dev...then we will see...keep on learning man...

•••
Where is everyone parking these domains at?

•••
There are different parking companies out there, most known ones NameDrive.com Sedo.com iMonetize.com is lately growing. Just do a research on Google, i have more success with NameDrive tho, and imonetize.com i haven't tested yet since my domains are of a low traffic.

•••
HasRob said:
Where is everyone parking these domains at?
Sedo.com. This was under their old system which was spotty results at best.

Have tried several other parking sites and the names just did not perform well, pitiful payouts, were getting numerous hits but still pitiful payouts. Hits are hits no matter where they are parked but how one site can register about a third of the hits from another site is beyond me. Something stinks, usually.

When you get right down to it, it doesn't matter where its parked...if its good and getting traffic then the money will come. Right keyword optimization is crucial. Stand alone domain names will do fine if the keyword is right there...like Vodka.com...(nope, didn't own it, didn't buy it).

Newly revamped, SedoPro has been quite pleasant with many domains doing $50-$100 month on regular basis. To qualify for SedoPro, you must have a minimum of 200 domains. If you fit the bill, PM me and I'll send you a linked invite.

•••
Circa, thanks. I was just looking at sedopro's site. I only have 50 domains and they are not generating me crap. My names are not the best, but good keyword(s)? Thats another question. how many keywords should you have for one domain?

Tried namedrive about 7 months ago and imho, were'nt much better. Thinking of parking elsewhere to be honest. I'm trying to weed out a few names now then I'll be looking for a home to park my domains. thanks for the invite too btw.

Hasrob.........

•••
sirengirl said:
How did everyone aquire these names? Were they caught, or by places like snap names, enom etc..?
My biggest earner never existed before I created it. Just got lucky. My other big earners are expired or dropped.

Some I knew had traffic, some I knew did not. Keyword optimization is crucial.
A mix of the rights words in the domain name itself along with keyword optimization is paramount to success. Kind of like "build it and they will come" type thing. Does not always work and will take some tweaking and work on your end but some can be worth it.

Don't just buy or create something and sit back and say, "Okay, damnit. Go out and make some money!" Not going to happen.

Not big on Snap or eNom dropped domains. Seems to be alot of hype in the numbers and when you get right down to it...just isn't factual. Plus, if it is good, too much competition.

Right now for December, I have 9 in double digits, one definitely will and a possible total of two will hit $$$, 46 above $1.00 with four of them at the edge of double digits, with another 15-20 approaching a buck. Usually 60 or more do better than a buck. The way I look at it...if they are paying for their re-reg fee than they are doing their job.

But, like I said, unless you have very deep pockets to buy the $3mil Vodka.com, alot of it is 40% luck and 60% working the name. Perhaps even more than 60%.

My domains are parked at Sedo.com. Other sites just weren't cutting it. Been very happy with sedo since they implemented SedoPro. If you have 200 domains or more you would qualify. PM me and I'll send you a link.

HasRob said:
Thats another question. how many keywords should you have for one domain?
It depends on the domain. If the primary keyword is in the domain, that will generate traffic. If not, then come up with the traffic.

How many keywords is not really the issue. It is which keywords, how many characters and how quick they appear...that is what drives traffic.

Many times I just insert DOMAIN NAMES as the keyword on a three or four letter domain name. You can't get into 3 4 FOUR LETTER LLLL ACRONYM DOMAIN NAME NAMES HOT ...too much, too long, bye bye, see ya' later. This ain't eBay where you want to catch every eye for a 99 cent starting bid. If your best keyword is buried down the list, so is your traffic.

Short, sweet, and to the point. If it's adult...SEX XXX might do (which by the way doesn't pay squat...it's called market saturation. If its photography related...DIGITAL CAMERAS IMAGES might work. If it doesn't work after a couple of months, change em! Otherwise, it's like beating a dead horse...it ain't gonna jump up and ride off.

What's the secret? Still trying to figure it out...how the same keyword, like DOMAIN NAMES, will pay 3 cents on one domain and $2.80 on another. I think the secret lies with the parking site. They hold the key and are therefore the "keymaster"...gotta get my hands on those keys.

If that same name all of a sudden starts getting numerous hits, into the hundreds, then I'll do more research into why it may be getting that many hits and where that traffic may be coming from.

I can not stress enough one final point...the internet is exactly that...a global entity. Quit thinking in English, the entire planet does not speak English, and the English dictionary words are mostly taken up. Look for German, Spanish, Italian, Arabic, and Chinese words, not necessarily in that order.

Like I say, unless you have deep pockets to buy a generic word like the $3mil Vodka.com, it's going to take some work on your part.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Circa, I have some homework to do for sure. I also just got done reading a boatload of articles (I read once before) but now make alot more sense to me.

The articles I read........ www.namenewbie.com ................

It was nice to reread and see how (I'm) making the same mistakes over and over again. Time for some serious homework and portfolio management. Baby steps it is with my shallow pockets. But gotta start somewhere. Up next, web design LOL

HasRob.........

•••
i made my domain to be a money maker

•••
•••
Circa well said and to stay on thread subject: 0.77 but most of mine comes from affiliates.

•••
Agreed Circa1850, very well said and rep up'd for taking the time to share your observations and experience with our members still learning (as we all do, but in degrees). Drilling down for that 3rd or 4th level keyword is the ticket for sure, but it takes time and sincere effort. Like you said, you cant just tell them to earn, you have to make them earn... unless of course vodka.com is in your portfolio, then you can just sit around and wallow in the product as well as owning the name.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
how much luck have people had regging a name that hasnt been regged before

•••
I posted somthing on NP a couple of weeks ago that I did by accident and made $40 in 7 days parking with over 60% CTR. Right now, I am trying it again to see how it works out. Right now, I am on the mark to make that $40.00 in 7 days in parking. The domain has 0 links 0 pr and no real advertising. Total cost Domain ($6.24) (hidden) $1.00 Profit about $33.00! It's not very much, but now I am doing it with a couple names. My goal is to hit $100 a week just for about a $20 investment. If you find my first post, I would give it a try ;) It works :)

•••
$1 - 2$ per month for my .info domain.

•••
mine is a .com making around $1k per month, parked at ND..

•••
Smooth said:
mine is a .com making around $1k per month, parked at ND..
Fill me in...what does ND stand for?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back