IT.COM

question Your first domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jhm

Top Member
Impact
Your first domain, with a backstory (if you want)

Mine: Ignition Cars dot com / dot co dot uk ...a business called "Ignition", brokering second-hand cars, unsuccessfully

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your first domain, with a backstory (if you want)

My first domain r*w*o*g*o.net. I dont know, but in 2013, I was little domainer with few domains. Why r*w*o*g*o? Just because I hear "rogue that" like r*w*o*g*o. My english "very well"...

•••
•••
Citidress.com
Metasyc.com

These two are mine.

•••
Citidress.com
Metasyc.com

These two are mine.
A Meta domain was one of your first? Coincidence considering the times

•••
gwapito.com - now a personal blog, mostly politics.

I got it after I won a logo design contest. Told the contest holder to buy me a domain, since there was no Paypal yet in the Philippines in 2002.

Gwapito means "cute" in Spanish, but the spelling it Filipinized.

•••
A Meta domain was one of your first? Coincidence considering the times
It would make sense considering his NP join date, were it to coincide with his start into domaining. A month or so ago it was almost meta-touche here. A la;

Veteran: "Why did you register a meta domain?"
Newbie: "Well all I saw on here was meta threads when I joined."
Veteran: "Touche. There has been a bit of a trend."
Newbie: "Hmm, hey about meta-touche.com?"
Veteran: "Go for it, you can even start a meta hyphen thread."
Newbie: "Touche back at you."

•••
Mine was even misspelled: TastyKetoRecipies.com.

I thought I would make millions selling keto diet programs through affiliate marketing with a simple website on that domain. I then realized that the name was misspelled so I regged TastyKetos.com.

My hopes of becoming a billionaire through this process vanished very quickly so I let the domains expire along with my dreams :xf.cry:

•••
PCGamesUSA.com.

Hot on the tails of Business.com selling for $12M.

And I thought my domain would make me a zillionaire too!

•••
•••
as far I remember, My first domains was..
hostanalyze.com

tried to build a website of hosting affiliate blog. failed and dropped.

next...
ansubuntu.com
misources.com
linuxly.net

all dropped.

•••
•••
•••
It's firstdomain.top if I take your question literally.
heres-to-you-wink-and-point.gif

•••
•••
I don't really remember my very first, but some of the first were:
n00b.com
AidByAir.com
TVdead.com

•••
My first registration was probably TeamCMPR.com back in about 2007 or so when I first dabbled in development using PHPNuke.

•••
if you guys want a blast to the past, go on your email and search godaddy or whatever registrar you used. then scroll back 15 years. i just found emails about domains i registered that i totally forgot about.

•••
Yeah, I've done that.

It's amazing how much has changed since then.

•••
Ha! I believe it was carytoyota com. I only had to be a member here for a few days before cancelling it. I’ve learned a lot since then.

•••
so terrible i cant remember it, i think it was like lookatmywebsite12.com lol. :) with godaddy, i didnt even know other registrars existed at the time. lol.
Lol, nice

•••
car.xyz
This is my first domain name.

Last edited:
•••
yaldex.com (Creation Date: 2004-03-29). It still running.
It's my first. I registered it because it similar to yandex.ru(com), prime Russian search engine.

•••
3deezcraft.com made by me 1st domain and website

•••
yaldex.com (Creation Date: 2004-03-29). It still running.
It's my first. I registered it because it similar to yandex.ru(com), prime Russian search engine.
Interesting one

•••
My First domain is Cryptolya.com 2 months ago, got 2 offers but didn't sell yet, waiting for the right buyer👌

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back