Domain Empire

discuss Your biggest regret of 2015?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
As 2015 almost finished and I'm sure most of you have regrets...
My regret is not taking action in .xyz frenzy :(
What is yours? Let it out...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I could have registered robo(.)xyz for $1

•••
Not joining Namepros when I first learnt about it in 2008

•••
1. didn't renew my 4 LLLL.com and 1 5N.com this year....
2. just found namePros after 3 year of domaining

•••
Sold a great LLLL.COM for $ 125 earlier this year :-/

•••
Not knowing my customers better.

•••
My biggest regret is being a newbie in this domain thing. I should've done this years ago. I just realized the potential of this business...damn..:(

•••
@dollarfield - You're so poor you've only got your underwear left to walk around in ;)

•••
Sold 79 chips at $80 each in a bulk deal back in july.

•••
Back in August I sold about 18 of what I thought were my "lesser" LLLL.com names for about $450 each. I was pretty happy with the profit until I became aware that they had all been bought because they were chips and are now worth more than 4 times that much. Ah well...it was still a very good profit over what I had paid for them.

•••
I made the choice to not have any.

•••
I was collecting LLLL.com's from $15 - $30. Suddenly, prices started to increase and I gave up buying. Thanks god, I was able to buy 150 LLLL.coms, some of them were CHIPS. My regret is that I could rise my range to $100. Then I would have several thousands LLLL.coms ....

They are worth at least $30K

Last edited:
•••
•••
Arrrgh it gets Worse.... seem I also owned Biteme.co and phoneme.co - I've let both expire as well.

•••
•••
Ask me in January - there's still 30 days to screw things up even more... ;)

But for now - buying brandables when I could buy more liquid names.
Also - not selling LLLL.orgs when they were $50+ (but still hoping for a rebound)
And buying too many LLLL.co
Maybe you will be lucky within few days with those LLLL.co's

•••
•••
Maybe you will be lucky within few days with those LLLL.co's
Why, do you have some inside information? ;)

I have a lot of CP but also CVCV / VCVC with multiple potential end users - many had "offer view" at SEDO.
I mean if someone sees LLLL.com for $xx,xxx, .net for $x,xxx and most other extensions taken they could decide to go with .co for $xxx (my BIN is at $995 with a choice to make an offer)

•••
Was away from domaining for 2-3 years. Saw 200+ offer on a couple of chinese premiums in early May, which had Y in it. Thinking that it's not a premium (then - 2-3 years ago), accepted the offer. Should have waited for 3-4 months on those.

•••
Not loading up on Chip .com, .net and even .xyz and .cc. I thought .xyz would be one of the new gtld's that failed, to be honest.

In the second half of 2015 I've loaded up more on Chip letter and numeric .co, hoping they catch on in 2016. Surprising that .club, .xyz, .cc are doing so well and .co (the one closest to .com) doesn't have a big aftermarket yet. My gamble of 2016 is Chip .co

•••
Not finding more names like eEconomist.com that we bought. Im sure they're out there somewhere at a decent price.

•••
I will regret mistake for some more time.
I missed Chinese craze one by one and never invested. First it was 5n, then 6n and then 7n com. Some suggested me to invest 5n nets later still I did not pay heed. Similar thing happened with 4l net chips and 5l com. Some of my friends made a killing from this craze. I was left out. Hope to amend in 2016.

•••
I regret quitting domaining way too early 10 years ago and only kept what i thought was awesome domains at that time.

Back domaining again, im slowly building up my portfolio and so far i have been doing pretty good and profitable, imo

•••
Not Buying LLLL .com early this year.
Not Buying LLLL..net chip even i knew all about them

•••
Mine was missing the boat of 4l.com but a lot of peoples regret will be with the 5l.com chips.

Just wait and see.

•••
A few months ago Godaddy was showing domains available to reg that weren't.

I have found this with quite a few registers -- you get all excited only to only to find out that $8 domain which would sell for $$$$ isn't yours.

Such is the life :roll:

Best,
Paul

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back