IT.COM

discuss Your biggest regret of 2015?

NameSilo
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
As 2015 almost finished and I'm sure most of you have regrets...
My regret is not taking action in .xyz frenzy :(
What is yours? Let it out...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Being lazy" is my greatest regret. Domains are secondary.

•••
Biggest regret of 2015 is not joining NamePros until this year. Love it, and should have joined years ago.

•••
•••
Not being able to be by my dad's side to stop him from falling and dying on the 14th one day after we last saw each other my birthday Aug 13.

•••
Thinking that when my wife said "buy whatever the hell you want" really meant I could buy whatever I wanted

•••
Selling my 4L.com(s) early this year for $xx :'(

•••
Just realized this morning that I owned CVS.CO - I let it expire in May 2015... :(

•••
Hello,

My biggest mistakes were:

1. Not to believe that much in LLLL.net chips and not staying update about the increased value.
2. Selling most of my LLLL.com non-chips too early.

•••
Not being able to be by my dad's side to stop him from falling and dying on the 14th one day after we last saw each other my birthday Aug 13.

We all are all sorry for your loss and thank you for putting things into true perspective, may your memories be loving and always bright

•••
Now that is something to be truly regretful about... I'm sorry to hear about your loss.

We have all made some good and bad decisions in regards to domain names.

If you dwell on the past you will never be able to clearly see the future...

Cheers,
Ken O'Brien

•••
I could have registered phones.xyz for $5 in the first few days of release, but influenced by the domain community's pessimism in the extension, I let it go. I also sold my only CHIP for $100 earlier this year, ouch.

•••
Stopping with only few hundred 6N .com registrations when enom had $0.99 com on halloween day.

•••
May your dad rest in peace! It's not your fault, you can't be everywhere, anytime.

•••
May your dad rest in peace. THAT you were able to spend precious time with him before he passed... Memories for the lifetime, right. :)

•••
Seeing the domain you dropped being regged and offered back to you for sale. The domain may be your EX, but you don't want to see it in the wrong hands :D

•••
Manhattan dot org was available to hand reg in my cart lying for 3 days. Didn't reg. Noticed it was taken up next week.

Doesnt appear to have ever actually dropped, may have been a common glitch we all come across at registrars. Has been regged since 1995 and developed for quite some time. Should make you feel a bit better ;)

•••
I regret not looking into the numerics while I had the chance and missed out on hand-reg fee for a lot of NNN, NNNN and even NNNNN .xyz/.link/.info/.club/etc. (.com long gone) :-$

•••
I could reg about 100 6n palindromes this summer, but finally regd only 2, and the rest desappeared in next 3 days.
Were palindromes with 0, but nice palindromes.
And I also didnt reg a few dropped 7n with 8888, and was ignore numeric until octubre.

•••
I was collecting LLLL.com's from $15 - $30. Suddenly, prices started to increase and I gave up buying. Thanks god, I was able to buy 150 LLLL.coms, some of them were CHIPS. My regret is that I could rise my range to $100. Then I would have several thousands LLLL.coms ....

•••
My 'biggest regret' of 2015 is that I was too much focused on other new gTLDs than .top

•••
I sold LLL.com to cheap. I could have made a lot more money selling them right now.

•••
I sold 9 LLLL.com for $400 and now the cheapest 4L.com is $400 a piece:'(

•••
My biggest regrets in 2015 are because of actions taken in 2014. Selling a bunch of crap LLLL.COM for $X (who knew they were CHIPS), or better ones (all English premium) for $xx, and dropping all of my more than 50+ LLL.net (which, btw, never got any offers on NamePros).

Last edited:
•••
Sold 79 chips at $80 each in a bulk deal back in july.

That's a loss of $150,000 in less than 4 months. Be strong. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back