IT.COM

discuss Your biggest regret of 2015?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Constantin S

Top Member
Impact
As 2015 almost finished and I'm sure most of you have regrets...
My regret is not taking action in .xyz frenzy :(
What is yours? Let it out...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1. didn't renew my 4 LLLL.com and 1 5N.com this year....
2. just found namePros after 3 year of domaining

•••
Sold a great LLLL.COM for $ 125 earlier this year :-/

•••
Not loading up on Chip .com, .net and even .xyz and .cc. I thought .xyz would be one of the new gtld's that failed, to be honest.

In the second half of 2015 I've loaded up more on Chip letter and numeric .co, hoping they catch on in 2016. Surprising that .club, .xyz, .cc are doing so well and .co (the one closest to .com) doesn't have a big aftermarket yet. My gamble of 2016 is Chip .co

•••
Not finding more names like eEconomist.com that we bought. Im sure they're out there somewhere at a decent price.

•••
Not knowing my customers better.

•••
My biggest regret is being a newbie in this domain thing. I should've done this years ago. I just realized the potential of this business...damn..:(

•••
Thinking that when my wife said "buy whatever the hell you want" really meant I could buy whatever I wanted

•••
Manhattan dot org was available to hand reg in my cart lying for 3 days. Didn't reg. Noticed it was taken up next week.

•••
My biggest regrets in 2015 are because of actions taken in 2014. Selling a bunch of crap LLLL.COM for $X (who knew they were CHIPS), or better ones (all English premium) for $xx, and dropping all of my more than 50+ LLL.net (which, btw, never got any offers on NamePros).

Last edited:
•••
I will regret mistake for some more time.
I missed Chinese craze one by one and never invested. First it was 5n, then 6n and then 7n com. Some suggested me to invest 5n nets later still I did not pay heed. Similar thing happened with 4l net chips and 5l com. Some of my friends made a killing from this craze. I was left out. Hope to amend in 2016.

•••
@dollarfield - You're so poor you've only got your underwear left to walk around in ;)

•••
didn't buy 1000 llll.com for $35 each, moving on :)

•••
I regret quitting domaining way too early 10 years ago and only kept what i thought was awesome domains at that time.

Back domaining again, im slowly building up my portfolio and so far i have been doing pretty good and profitable, imo

•••
Not Buying LLLL .com early this year.
Not Buying LLLL..net chip even i knew all about them

•••
Not putting enough time in -- simple. I have a property business and spent much of the year working abroad. At the end of each day I would be in a beach bar drinking beer instead of spending time domaining. I had made my coin but should have stayed much more hungry.

My shame ;)

Best,
Paul

•••
Manhattan dot org was available to hand reg in my cart lying for 3 days. Didn't reg. Noticed it was taken up next week.

Doesnt appear to have ever actually dropped, may have been a common glitch we all come across at registrars. Has been regged since 1995 and developed for quite some time. Should make you feel a bit better ;)

•••
A few months ago Godaddy was showing domains available to reg that weren't.

•••
Mine was missing the boat of 4l.com but a lot of peoples regret will be with the 5l.com chips.

Just wait and see.

•••
A few months ago Godaddy was showing domains available to reg that weren't.

I have found this with quite a few registers -- you get all excited only to only to find out that $8 domain which would sell for $$$$ isn't yours.

Such is the life :roll:

Best,
Paul

•••
Missing the LLLL train completely

•••
Sold 79 chips at $80 each in a bulk deal back in july.

•••
Sold 79 chips at $80 each in a bulk deal back in july.

That's a loss of $150,000 in less than 4 months. Be strong. :)

•••
•••
Back in August I sold about 18 of what I thought were my "lesser" LLLL.com names for about $450 each. I was pretty happy with the profit until I became aware that they had all been bought because they were chips and are now worth more than 4 times that much. Ah well...it was still a very good profit over what I had paid for them.

•••
My regret is waiting all year to get serious about domaining - I totally missed this crazy LLLL and NNNN business. Could've paid for a nice trip with that on :D. I wonder what the crazy hype will be in 2016...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back