IT.COM

domain Your best .TV hand-reg of the day with appraisals

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBulldog

Your Showbiz ConnectionVIP Member
Impact
Obviously there are two sides on the TV forum about hand-reg's. About half a dozen feel that hand-reg's are not worth anything "because if it's still there, it ain't worth two horse patties".

I am not in that camp, nor are many others.....so let's try a "hand-reg" thread.

Rules
1) Only post what you feel is a great hand-registration. mybigvideopalace.tv is NOT a good hand-reg. You all are smart enough to know what is good and what is crap.
2) Explain why it is good, and why you chose it.
3) Explain how it could be dev'd.
4) If you are going to say "hand-reg's suck" go find another thread to feel superior in.
5) Appraisals welcome and desired: Give constructive critisism and explain exactly why and what you appraise it for. Don't just say "it sucks", tell them why it sucks.
6) Max of one hand-reg post per day. Max of 3 hand-reg's in that post.
7) Give people time to appraise. Don't bump for appraisals. If no one responded, use your brain.

I will start:

Hand Reg: Crying.tv
Reason: Random search, but it has 22K+ overture, which is huge.
DEV: Have you ever seen someone cry? Women do it, men do it, kids do it. How about a place for people to get together and talk about their feelings? Or perhaps just a place for people to share joyous occasions: Births, weddings, graduations, etc.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
elladatv dot com

Ellada - Greece in Greek :gl:

•••
•••
I always wanted to acquire a good domain serving one of the fastest growing groups - Spanish web users.

banderaTV dotCom (bandera means flag in spanish)

•••
Jarred.tv

~DomainBELL (Patricia)

•••
Colorspectrum_._info
Quintillion_._info

•••
thevirtual, this is just for .TV domains

•••
gilescoley said:
thevirtual, this is just for .TV domains

My mistake, I didn't check the category. I will admit to owning only 1 (developed) .TV.

•••
KitCar.tv

These Kit-Cars are becoming more and more popular/cheaper and I think a site with online demos/instructions would have huge potential

JawaBarat.tv

Jawa Barat is the most populated province in Indonesia - around 35.72 million people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Java

Inmates.tv

with so many people watching shows like "America's Hardest prisons" and all the other shows on convicts/criminals etc, this is an ideal name for a channel based on all those shows, clips of prison riots/attacks etc

Any thoughts on these????

•••
Indonesia has about 15 million internet users as a whole (penetration 7%), according to internetworldstats.com Without doing a lot of research on it, appears that west java is one of the primary internet corridors, presumably due to it having the highest population density. There appears to be one wi-fi setup in one city there. My guess is that it is not as attractive as some geos, but more attractive than others.

---------------------------

My Reg for the day
CountyNews.tv
Possibly usable as an approach to local news, could create subdomains (Orange.CountyNews, etc)
for any or all of the approximately 3100 Us counties, most of which use that specific term as opposed to bureau or parish, and a fair number in England/Scotland as well.
Way more development than I will probably ever do, but I think has fairly decent potential.

Last edited:
•••
Indonesia has about 15 million internet users as a whole (penetration 7%), according to internetworldstats.com Without doing a lot of research on it, appears that west java is one of the primary internet corridors, presumably due to it having the highest population density. There appears to be one wi-fi setup in one city there. My guess is that it is not as attractive as some geos, but more attractive than others.

Thanks for that Shaper, their internet users will only increase which is good

•••
24zvssg.gif

Tehran is the capital and the largest city of Iran with an estimated population of 13.5 Million in the metro area.

Most Iranian industries are headquartered in Tehran. The industries include the manufacturing of automobiles, and electrical equipment, military weaponry, textiles, sugar, cement, and chemical products. It is also a leading center for the sale of carpets and furniture. There is also an oil refinery located in south of the city.

Wikipedia Entries:

In English: Tehran

In Farsi: تهران

Farsi is the official/local language of Iran. According to the world factbook's 2006 estimate, there are approximately 72 million native Farsi speakers in Iran.

•••
.tv said:
24zvssg.gif

Tehran is the capital and the largest city of Iran with an estimated population of 13.5 Million in the metro area.

Most Iranian industries are headquartered in Tehran. The industries include the manufacturing of automobiles, and electrical equipment, military weaponry, textiles, sugar, cement, and chemical products. It is also a leading center for the sale of carpets and furniture. There is also an oil refinery located in south of the city.

Wikipedia Entries:

In English: Tehran

In Farsi: تهران

Farsi is the official/local language of Iran. According to the world factbook's 2006 estimate, there are approximately 72 million native Farsi speakers in Iran.

Another great one, congrats, you are building your IDN .tv empire !

•••
Argos said:
Another great one, congrats, you are building your IDN .tv empire !

Thank you Argos! B-)

•••
I could not help myself, I picked a name off the ahead.tv expiring list!

Paddlers.TV

•••
GlobalFocus.TV

A piggyback, obviously, on the success of WorldFocus.tv. Who knows, maybe lightning can strike twice!

Also regged ..

NewsShark.tv and DailyHorizon.tv

Both might make nice news portals; the latter with a possible religious/spiritual twist.

•••
I like NewsShark.tv , I'm VERY new to this so I have no idea about value but it has a nice ring to it.

•••
I think NewsShark is highly brandable. The kind of thing that sticks in your head, once people find out about it they will tend to remember it. Not the sort of thing people are going to do an exact search for, probably, but very memorable. Looks good in print, a bit rough verbally.

•••
I regged CaribeMexicano.tv in a moment of excitement when monitoring the drops.

As far as i could see its a Geo name for a area of Mexico near Cancun,CaribeMexicano.com gives more information and it looks beautiful. :)

Can anyone with local knowledge or has visited this area tell me more about Caribe Mexicano, it it a well used term?
I love tourist destination .tv's so i think this could be good but i'd love to have more information so i dont embaress myself when trying to market it :hehe:

Looking at caribemexicano.com then i think caribemexicano.Tv has great potential, even though i did reg it with little knowledge of the area. :guilty:

•••
I could not help myself, I picked a name off the ahead.tv expiring list!

Paddlers.TV

domainacrobat, I like Paddlers, I was going to snap that one up myself, but picked up something else

Could be a good site for Kayakers/Canoeists/Rafters etc

www.PaddlerMagazine.com
www.Paddlers.co.uk

I knew a guy in South Africa who told me about this crowd - www.Paddlers.co.za

Good luck mate

Last edited:
•••
myDot.tv

myDot.tv
Can be a nice portal website.....
Need development...I think i will work on it...
Can be also like JohnSmith.mydot.tv

•••
Canaries.tv - Has many different refrences, one of them being a collective name for the Canary Islands. These are Gran Canaria,Tenerife, Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera,
El Hierro, Fuerteventura and La Graciosa.
The islands are located just off the coast of the north-western portion of the African continent/mainland, nearest the political divide of Morocco and Western Sahara.
Kitzbuhel.tv - a medieval city in Tyrol, Austria and is one of Austria's best known winter sport resorts. Situated between the Hahnenkamm and Kitzbuhler Horn mountains, Kitzbuhel is the home of the annual world cup ski races, including the circuit's most important event, the downhill race on the famous Streif slope.

Last edited:
•••
Anfdude15 said:
I like NewsShark.tv , I'm VERY new to this so I have no idea about value but it has a nice ring to it.
shaper said:
I think NewsShark is highly brandable. The kind of thing that sticks in your head, once people find out about it they will tend to remember it. Not the sort of thing people are going to do an exact search for, probably, but very memorable. Looks good in print, a bit rough verbally.
Thanks for the comments! Glad you like it. I can already see the logo for the site. Now if I just had some clue how to develop it ...

•••
I have these 2 as well

Optica.tv .........sounded optical/visual and thats what I liked about it, it seems to fit the extension, any ideas/suggestions on development???

I also have Cosy.tv (nice and short)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back