NameSilo

You know a domain is worthless if...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
...you have to declare that "it's pronounceable"

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If it's posted in the "reg of the day" thread lol ... OK that's a bit harsh.

This one is harsh I have seen many names out of that thread bought $1 and sell thousand plus. Its actually publicity really. Many names in odd threads can get indexed in search and companies can find the threads here.

•••
When scammers do not send you a letter. lol

•••
when they offer to buy the ip number instead..

Smiling reading this thread so funny.

•••
When you Registered .Fun. lol:xf.wink:

•••
upload_2017-4-11_14-43-41.png

•••
... when every other extension is still available for registration... including the .com

•••
...when even malware won't go there!

•••
..when you have to create logo in order to sell it.

•••
when the .net and .org sells higher than your .com

•••
  1. When the registrar/registry won't let you delete.
  2. You say, this domain is no longer available to be registered!
  3. You have to pay someone to take the domain.

Last edited:
•••
When the garbage collector leaves it at the curb.

•••
when the .net and .org sells higher than your .com
hmm what if they were just better fits to what the buyer was looking for..say:
peace.org vs peace.com
cyb.org vs cyborg.com
fish.net vs fishnet.com

There's probably better examples, can't bring them to mind- actually I couldn't see cyb.org outpricing cyborg.com. Unless a crazy collector maybe.

•••
When no body wants it even when placed on auctions

•••
When the logo & build a website spammers don't email / phone you on a fresh reg because even they don't want to be associated with it.

Peace,
Cy

•••
...you reg 2-word .guesswhat, got 10+ mid-high $x,xxx appraisals from professional nTLD domainers in a matter of minutes, put it on Afternic/Sedo/Flippa with make offer from $5,000, already thinking of emailing fortune 500 fat cats with "no lowballing" in the subject line..

then seeing a matching .com peacefully flowing by on a dropped list next day... checked in 10 days - it's still there unregistered... appraisal guys stop reacting to your daily bumps. "envy morons" you think regging another gem with .99 promo coupon...

•••
....When The Domain Name Itself Means "DON'T BUY ME!!!" LOL

P.S: مجھے خریدیں نہ کرو .COM

•••
You have dyslexia and when you show off your great portfolio of one-word .coms to your mates, you learn they're all misspells.

•••
When it's a .sucks extension that costs $249 to renew and $2499 for trademarked names. You're not going to sell that one, you only bought it so it couldn't be used against you.

and.. probably would have held no value anyway lol

Last edited:
•••
When your domain for sale page is bumped to page 10 and has 1500 view but still no bids

•••
... when every other extension is still available for registration... including the .com

Still trying to wrap my head around that one, may have just single-handedly invented the newest oxymoron for the Eng language :ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Still trying to wrap my head around that one, may have just single-handedly invented the newest oxymoron for the Eng language :ROFL:

it's not complicated; 'a person registers a domain . info but the .com, .net .whatever are all still available for registration'

•••
it's not complicated; 'a person registers a domain . info but the .com, .net .whatever are all still available for registration'

Yes, I understand what you're trying to say. The complicated part is why a person would choose .info in the first place when .com was available.

Only thing I came up with is they are the operator of that TLD :xf.wink:

If you think there more reasons, I would love to hear them

And..you know oxymoron isn't an insult... right? It's a figure of speech of two contradicting statements in a sentence.

Dry Ice, alone together
are some of the best examples of oxymorons. Probably".com available" (because all the good .com's are taken ;) )-- that was the joke in my initial response to your post :xf.wink:

I wasn't calling you a moron :xf.eek:

(You would think I wouldn't have to explain that but there are more international members here then US..No way Id risk it! You're all really nice, friendly--case in point this thread :xf.smile: )

Last edited:
•••
yes i know. this a humor thread - the posts are in jest and not to be analyzed as to the rationale why someone would do what they do. its to make light of the mistakes domainers do

•••
yes i know. this a humor thread - the posts are in jest and not to be analyzed as to the rationale why someone would do what they do. its to make light of the mistakes domainers do

Yes.. this is quite possibly the 2nd best thread I've ever seen Too funny

Please don't let it die!!

•••
Yes.. this is quite possibly the 2nd best thread I've ever seen Too funny

Please don't let it die!!

I can't think of any more jokes, though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back