sales You have to know what you own - DWN.com sells for 2,999 Euros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
You have to know what you own, or ask someone. What in my opinion is the best value buy of the year took place on Sedo this week. DWN.com listed as buy it now for 2,999 Euros was scooped up quickly by a Chinese registrant. I verified this with Sedo for 100% accuracy. So there is no conspiracy here. The seller was Data Warehouse Network out of Cork, Ireland. Here is the thing they got acquired by another … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No way to do that on Sedo, it was listed as buy it now, you click buy it now and the transaction starts.

So there no way for the seller to reverse the transaction I presume?

•••
I guess I just lost 97k today

•••
That's amazing, really amazing!

•••
It looks like Data Warehouse Network was bought by Sybase years ago, and a couple of years ago SAP bought Sybase. SAP did 25 billion dollars in revenue last year.

Stock price: SAP (NYSE) $98.49 +1.14 (+1.17%)

I don't think anyone's going to be crying about the loss. Probably an inside job between friends. :)

Right that's what I put in the article, Sybase acquired it back in 1999, so this got lost in all the transactions.

•••
You're a better person than I am... If someone offers me something dirt cheap and it's legit, I'd take the money and laugh my way to the bank... Just being honest!

I applaud your honesty. I'm sure a good number of us have that same demeanor. I just feel for the seller, you know?

•••
So there no way for the seller to reverse the transaction I presume?
It's a contract, they probably don't even realize it, this guy will probably get a shrine dedicated to him in China, front page chip story.

I would say up until 2013 you could still get 3L.com's for sub $5K

•••
I was just adding the SAP part. A company that does 26 billion in revenue probably isn't to concerned about something like this unless of course it's one of their main domains.

Oh yeah I agree, but the name stayed in Diana's name, so I wonder if she never mentioned it to Sybase.

•••
I guess I just lost 97k today

How so?
Crazy $hit....

I have come across deals like that in the past, but move along quickly.

99% of the time it's either a stolen name or a scam.

I fell for it once years ago with Godaddy, and my funds ended up being tied up.

It was a mess.

Congrats to the buyer though!

I know, right? It could end up being the case here as well...

•••
It looks like the lucky buyer recently sold ZNN(.)com [Not on NameBio - assuming private sale]

WHOIS for ZNN(.)com changed hands from current DWN(.)com owner email address to new email / WHOIS info sometime between 15 February 2017 and 4 March 2017.

•••
I lost 97 k because i was busy studying and not keeping an eye on this domain so i could have bought it for 3k
Oh thanks for clearing that up. For a second I thought "You mean the seller even has an account here at NP??"

•••
I was just adding the SAP part. A company that does 26 billion in revenue probably isn't to concerned about something like this unless of course it's one of their main domains.
It could cost someone their job. Companies don't get to the levels they do by letting "little" things slip. It can quickly add up to millions in lost revenue.

•••
Oh yeah I agree, but the name stayed in Diana's name, so I wonder if she never mentioned it to Sybase.

The WHOIS email for DWN(.)com changed between 14 February 2017 and 4 March 2017.

WHOIS EMAIL
14 February 2017: [email protected]
4 March 2017: Diana@Diana[LASTNAME].com

The WHOIS phone number remained the same. It doesn't appear to be a company phone number, as it's also listed as her number for her southern district secretary profile.

•••
Congrats to the buyer... and the seller ;.)

•••
•••
estibot values this domain name at $67,000, its value even more than that !

•••
Ouch! Now this gotta hurt!

•••
It's pathetic for domainers :D For people who are not into domains, it's an highly useful tool that helps them sell their domain, or "smth they don't understand why smb would pay money for it"... :)

•••
Awesome... Fantastic find and purchase for the buyer, well done!!! (y)

•••
LOL , that's what I look like in the morning( see above )

•••
So a few new tidbits today, DWN.com moved to privacy this morning. Secondly DomainIQ.com now shows nothing for DWN.com

No portfolio information is available for this domain
The domain may have been recently registered, or sufficient WHOIS details may not be available at this time. Please check back later.

So it's getting interesting

•••
Was the domain sold via Sedo Escrow or Sedo.com?

If it was sold by Sedo Escrow it probably was traded from one person inside the company to himself or a friend.

•••
If the seller has to report the sale to the company, he'll sell it for cheap to a friend i.e for 3000 Euros. The amount goes to the company.
I don't think the liquidation process is so easy and involves only one person... :)

•••
Why make it public then? I don´t see that point
You make it too complicated.
it was either
1) Mistake, they didn`t know value
2) Someone stole it. and sold.
How public can domain sales really be? Nobody in big companies even cares or knows about domains. This is not as complex as you're making out it to be.

And even if it becomes public, what is there to prove that the original person sold to his friend?

•••
They still have to be somewhere in the financial reports, etc, especially if bought for big money in the past :)
They probably bought it for the same amount. That's why they sold it for exactly the same amount.

•••
They probably bought it for the same amount. That's why they sold it for exactly the same amount.
So, this makes us think that it's the company who sold the domain. It was a decided move so I don't think it could be an inside job.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back