Domain Empire

You guys overrate the appraisals...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Supra LTD

Account Suspended
Impact
Hey,

I am just wondering what's up with the ratings around here? For almost every domain name there is posted on the appraisals forum, the reply is low $XXX.

Cmon guys, I've been hearing this for a while for almost every domain, then most owners of these domains can't even sell it at the cost of the registration fee!!!!!! Don't you all think you overrate in the appraisals forums? I hear high $xx low-mid $xxx, yet, when I see the domain for sale, it doesn't go higher than 30 bucks, atleast for most of them...

I think the whole domain game is overhyped. Unless you registered a domain in 1993 like games.com or money.com, then there is no way it will go in the high $xxx or low $xxxx regions.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hahaha i have never had a name appraised in the $xxx range. damn come to think about it i barely get anything in the $xx range.

•••
Domains are like any other business, if you get off your a*** and actively market / sell the ones that you have rather than park them and hope for the best you will achieve as johnny6 put a much higher sale than any appraisal.

e.g. A good domainer i know had a fairly good industry generic .com which was specific only to a single industry. he paid $600 at auction through pool and was generally appraised at high $$$.

He took out a small stand at this particular industries convention (for $200) and sold the name the very next day for very high $$$$$.

The rule of thumb is this. Generic top level TLD's are always under appraised. dot anything else is worth 10% of the dot com version (with exceptions).

My guess is top level TLD's will appreciate whereas the rest (as new, more and more .trash's come on line) will diminish.

buy quality and actively sell it...........

•••
Hits in google, overture all those things make that for instance
download.nu is worth xxx$ and cheapdownloadingservice.com is worth nothing.

The reason sales here are rather low pricesales is that these forums are visited by resellers mostly and not end users.

•••
•••
It doesn't hurt to throw your name out there for appraisal IMO. It lets people know that you have the name, it gives you a rough idea what NamePros members feel it is worth, it may give you some end-user leads, it may give you some development ideas, etc, etc.

ST

•••
domains

Just curious...Someone mentioned 10% value on other TLD's So if I own domainregistration.ws then it might be worth 10% of domainregistration.com ? That would be a good chunk of change...had no idea about that...

•••
well as i said its with exceptions.... 10% is a good yardstick to go by. Obviously if the .com is a big, active (generic) web site with huge traffic then any extension on the name will be worth something.

the real problem with anything other than .com from an end users point of view is that the .nu .us .org's of this world etc etc receive little or no type in traffic...

•••
FMS, your domain domainregistration.ws is better than domainregistration.cc or domainregistration.tv or domainregistration.info. Since its sounds well like domainregistration.website.

•••
Originally posted by suthra
FMS, your domain domainregistration.ws is better than domainregistration.cc or domainregistration.tv or domainregistration.info. Since its sounds well like domainregistration.website.

For this keyword, I prefer .info, considering the price and obscurity of the other extensions. That's just little old me, though. :D

•••
hi apollo,
domainregistration.info is good , but visitors will think that it is a directory giving informations relationg to domain registration related websites.
domainregistration.ws will conclude that its a website providing domain registrations.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back