Domain Empire

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What are you smoking. Tell me also.
Give me any 2l.com ( from those 626) right now for 95k and everyone will come to know whether I have 95k or not..
Your attitude reminds me of sedo's attitude .. same attitude and thinking they were having when i got the domain hormone.com

This is my open challenge to you. Validate and let everyone here know how much guts you have in real or you are just a paper tiger sitting somewhere ,I don't know where

•••
Yes I backed out. In first place my decision to buy that domain was influenced by its public sale release of 250k by sedo. Which itself was a lie.
There was no lie, just an auction that was reported but fell though, it happens in everyday life.
No sane person would spend 95K just for that reason. That is a lame excuse for backing out of a legally binding offer.
I think you didn't even have 95K handy in the bank, you were just fishing for bargains am I right ?

No problem... Thank God you are not the judge in court of law.
But you are already losing in the court of public opinion, and needlessly damaged your reputation as a domainer. You should have remained silent, rather than expose yourself. I don't know what you were expecting. The only one who does not look good is you.

•••
Not only me people from your countries are coming to buy from local street bazar. Even your fellow countryman owns domain name containing word "bazar". Did you invent these Indian words..
Ask sedo to take their website out from India if they do not care abt revenue from india
You represent india? :ROFL:

•••
who cares whos lying and truthing, you were trying to buy a physical record of a domain, fastfood.com, with that in mind, here is estibots value of said domain:

fastfood.com
$ 258,000 USD
estibot-badge.png

EstiBot fair market value.

You said, I was given the opportunity to buy fastfood.com at $95k, well, I don't like the dentist sign when im going to the dentist, but my tooth is coming out anyway. Understand. Was it because Sedo chooses blue instead red on their website? idk, what I do know with the value of the domain, you should have taken the deal and ran. Not be angry at making a steal of a deal. ty

•••
There was no lie, just an auction that was reported but fell though, it happens in everyday life.
No sane person would spend 95K just for that reason. That is a lame excuse for backing out of a legally binding offer.
I think you didn't even have 95K handy in the bank, you were just fishing for bargains am I right ?

But you are already losing in the court of public opinion, and needlessly damaged your reputation as a domainer. You should have remained silent, rather than expose yourself. I don't know what you were expecting. The only one who does not look good is you.

It's ok. I do not intend either to become saint in anyone's eyes.. and i guess in court of law , evidence matters ,not public opinion.
You or anyone else Madam can say thousand things about me , but you cannot deny the fact that sedo's intentions regarding fastfood.com were not always 100% ethical for having the sale of fastfood.com on their platform.
When info of its sale for 500k got published on thedomains then also do you think sedo never noticed it... Sedo always knew that ( info of domain name fastfood.com have got sold for 500k is in public domain, then also sedo never tool any step of issuing a clarification.. their agents will post each and every sale of twitter but they never made any disclaimer that info in public is wrong.
Their intention was wrong.
I am not worried whether you all from that part of the world thinks about it , i am very sure this is not ethical way.
This is not any knowledge contest on domains , I am just contesting the ethical point.. domains your gang and sedo's dirty tricks dept knows better than me.
You do not even know how many mails did they send me asking for their gone commission. They were never worried about seller's proceedings..
Regarding that i backed out from their drafted so called terms and conditions on some paper , you know what. I will make the aeroplane of that paper and will throw in the head of sedo.
Pls tell them I wont back out. And it doesn't matter if even 1 domainer supports me or not..
Regarding my reputation its ok , the one who does not wanna do business with me , they are welcome to follow their mind or heart.
But sedo is still wrong in my view...

Last edited:
•••
Sedo can threaten these people in terms of legal cases but not me. I can understand you are sedo's partner , they helping you , you helping them . But it doesn't imply that you group of people who are regular at each other parties are always right .
And let me also tell you i will take full responsibility of my thoughts on sedo rather than backstabbing people who are supporting me...
You all are in false impression that internet belongs to you all sir...

Yeah wrong once again, I am not Sedo's partner, Sedo doesn't put a dime in my pocket. So nice try.

•••

I also understand that you all are trying to hide behind so called word " legally binding ..
But let me ask you legally binding where and if there are irregularities going on in domain market , I will surely contest it and will at least ask indian public and indian IT ministry and indian law. Whether it's acceptable or not.
I will expose sedo and publishers associated with sedo and will present facts to court of law..
Let them decide it.
Regarding public view , half of you all hate and abuse Trump still he is ruling you.
So public opinion can go and smoke something , I dont mind

•••
Yeah wrong once again, I am not Sedo's partner, Sedo doesn't put a dime in my pocket. So nice try.
It was not a try... Whatever I have wrote are the facts upon which my decision is based upon..

•••
I also understand that you all are trying to hide behind so called word " legally binding ..
But let me ask you legally binding where and if there are irregularities going on in domain market , I will surely contest it and will at least ask indian public and indian IT ministry and indian law. Whether it's acceptable or not.
I will expose sedo and publishers associated with sedo and will present facts to court of law..
Let them decide it.
Regarding public view , half of you all hate and abuse Trump still he is ruling you.
So public opinion can go and smoke something , I dont mind

you can twist, turn and manipulate all you want it is not going to change the facts

•••
First law of holes; if you're in one stop digging.

I don't know what your trying accomplish but it's not working.

•••
you can twist, turn and manipulate all you want it is not going to change the facts
Sure. No problem.
Thanks for all your time you gave to my blog.
I have passed on the info to fellow new domainers.
Now what ????

•••
It was not a try... Whatever I have wrote are the facts upon which my decision is based upon..

No wrong, you made a statement that Sedo is a partner of mine, they wash my back I wash theirs. SO NO THAT'S A LIE let me make that clear that statement is factually inaccurate. Try honoring your purchases.

•••
First law of holes; if you're in one stop digging.

I don't know what your trying accomplish but it's not working.
I am trying to accomplish the same thing which you are trying to accomplish by asking me questions again.

•••
No wrong, you made a statement that Sedo is a partner of mine, they wash my back I wash theirs. SO NO THAT'S A LIE let me make that clear that statement is factually inaccurate. Try honoring your purchases.
O hello sir. I never said that thedomains is associated or official publisher for sedo. I respect your owner and go and ask him , how many mails have i sent to him showcasing him my domains.
I have been mailing him since the start of my domaining career.
Someone here told me that how can sedo keep a watch on million websites mentioning their sale of fastfood for 500k.
I am only bringing In attention of sedo that how come its possible that sedo ignored "news about blockbuster sale of half million usd" because thedomains already published an article ( getting feed from somewhere else ) about it.
Thedomains is run by reputed successful domainer and its not possible that sedo or its hifi brokers never heard about it till last year from so many years...

Last edited:
•••
They all lied.

So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..

I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.

The only thing that confuses me is you said you offered 95k and it was accepted and then you said you refused to pay the 250k (n)

I think you raise some good points that merit a discussion but I just wanted to get clarification for the above.

•••
O hello sir. I never said that thedomains is associated or official publisher for sedo. I respect your owner and go and ask him , how many mails have i sent to him showcasing him my domains.
I have been mailing him since the start of my domaining career.
Someone here told me that how can sedo keep a watch on million websites mentioning their sale of fastfood for 500k.
I am only bringing In attention of sedo that how come its possible that sedo ignored "news about blockbuster sale of half million usd" because thedomains already published an article ( getting feed from somewhere else ) about it.
Thedomains is run by reputed successful domainer and its not possible that sedo or its hifi brokers never heard about it till last year from so many years...

The problem here is you don't know that Sedo saw the post. The post was not about FastFood.com, it was about a widget on DNPric.es so someone would have had to look at the whole article and then assume that DNPric.es has faulty info and do the research to see if it's legit.

•••
The only thing that confuses me is you said you offered 95k and it was accepted and then you said you refused to pay the 250k (n)

I think you raise some good points that merit a discussion but I just wanted to get clarification for the above.
Hi thanks for your comment.
I am eating food. Been replying since morning . I need some rest.
Will reply in some time

•••
The problem here is you don't know that Sedo saw the post. The post was not about FastFood.com, it was about a widget on DNPric.es so someone would have had to look at the whole article and then assume that DNPric.es has faulty info and do the research to see if it's legit.
Well , i will tell that later on sir if ever asked.

•••
I am new to this industry, but I do have a concept of business , Bary I think your sincere and honest , these registers do play against some moral rules, but the fact is in business it is a sad world. the name of the game is to find an edge. weird things happen like . www.barybadrinath.com

I actually believe that there is a deal between a few big time domainers to buy and sell to eachother, just to create trends in the aftermarket purchases.

there is so many tricks up the corporations sleeves, stock markets, crypto markets, domain markets. I hope in your spiritual life you dont let this twisted game in, just keep them divided, and know not to trust much of anything in the trading for financial wealth realm.

Last edited:
•••
I am new to this industry, but I do have a concept of business , Bary I think your sincere and honest , these registers do play against some moral rules, but the fact is in business it is a sad world. the name of the game is to find an edge. weird things happen like . www.barybadrinath.com

I actually believe that there is a deal between a few big time domainers to buy and sell to eachother, just to create trends in the aftermarket purchases.

there is so many tricks up the corporations sleeves, stock markets, crypto markets, domain markets. I hope in your spiritual life you dont let this twisted game in, just keep them divided, and know not to trust much of anything in the trading for financial wealth realm.
Thanks. Don't worry their Steve jobs came to India and after attaining spiritual wisdom went back and founded apple.
Same was done by the Beatles..
I read and worship same spiritual texts. They do not have strength to shake it

•••
But sedo is still wrong in my view...
Sue them for deceptive advertising, and see where it takes you :xf.grin:

Sedo or any other party is under no obligation to actively chase and debunk fake news about them, and this could easily turn into a full-time job. It's no different with Ebay or other auction platforms, do you think they report all non-completed sales ?
Learn the meaning of due diligence and taking responsibility for your actions.

•••
I didn't scroll through every post. I can understand a certain aspect of OP's issue with Sedo, but on the other hand - most sales from years like 2013 - 2015 are not so relevant to the prices of today. So whether it had actually closed or not, I wouldn't buy automatically a domain sold in 2013 or 2015 for a certain price based on that past valuation.

Last edited:
•••
After asking a simple question at the start, it seems it doesn't actually matter what the responses are. This poster was just looking for an opportunity to attack Sedo in the hope that they might agree to drop their claim for the commission. He knows he is in trouble and just simply gone for the "attack as the simplest form of defense"

PS, I don't particularly like Sedo either.

Last edited:
•••
The question is you already knew that the domain didn't sold for 250K or 500K and once you see it was available you thought it would be a good buy at 95k. So you knew all of this before offering 95K, than why didn't you pay for it when your offer accepted?

I guess you just offered that amount to see what happens. Well, you got your answer.

•••
The question is you already knew that the domain didn't sold for 250K or 500K and once you see it was available you thought it would be a good buy at 95k. So you knew all of this before offering 95K, than why didn't you pay for it when your offer accepted?

I guess you just offered that amount to see what happens. Well, you got your answer.

I think you'll find it was his 'Spirit guide' that told him it was a bad purchase and Not to proceed, and that's when he found out the reported sales were false

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back