Dynadot

You all decide am I right or is Sedo right (Part 2 fastfood.com)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sedo ethics part 2 --

Sedo published domain sale of fastfood.com for 250k usd somewhere between 2013-15. Someone made an offer of 250k usd for fastfood and then it was on auction for 7 days and domain was shown sold for 250k usd.
I followed that auction as I was interested in fastfood but 250k was out of my reach that time.
Everywhere on domain forums , dnjournal , namebio it was mentioned that fastfood was sold for 250k usd.

You all know what. That auction was never paid. And sedo and dave evanson did not care to issue a public info on the same. They all lied.
So in 2018 i made an offer of 95k usd for fastfood.com which was immediately accepted ( in just a min of making an offer ). I was about to send money next day ..
But through my meditation and Indian Mantra power I came to know that all this was a trap from sedo .. the fastfood price of 250k was a lie and auction was never paid.
If i am lying about this I challenge to all domainers to ask about it from sedo..
I refused to pay 250k usd and asked sedo to cancel the deal as they did for hormone.com with me.
Sedo refused. They said i have to pay commission of 12-14k usd for fastfood.
I asked Dave evanson when sale has not taken place , why should I pay commission. And why sedo did not bother to issue a public statement mentioning that their previous public release of 250k for fastfood was a lie. They must have cleared the air.
Sedo refused and blocked my account. Even though i joined sedo in 2011.
This kind of ethics sedo has and these hifi brokers have.
Sedo be sure India is not your playground and time has come now to create a transparent and ethical domain platform. I have never been to any domain conference and have no touch with any Indian domainer but i will do whatever I need to do so that sedo does not play it's dirty tricks with anyone else.
I also feel that selling price of kush.com is far greater than 500k but the seller has been given only 500k ..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sedo was not interested in me honoring their contract. They were just interested in their commission which they lost.
You're obligation to pay their commission was in the contract.

In some of their last emails they mentioned that if I pay their commission my account wont be blocked. Now you understand their motives..

So are yours. SEDO was right.

Last edited:
•••
I live in the same World as you.

There is a lot of growth out of India, but economies of scale still make the lucrative .com market a tough entry point on some of the higher quality inventory. With this comes a lot of spam, and other false bidding actions as there is no real fear of recourse.

Do you think someone in Germany would think twice before putting a $95k fake offer on sedo, which takes a higher tier of authorization? No, they wouldn’t because sedo would take action, but given many have nothing to lose, they continue to break many rules, in which case their are global consequences that we all have to pay for.

Now if sales sites are aggregating sales data simply on closing, and not actual paid completed sales which takes time to verify then you have to take that with a grain of salt as they say.

What you are doing is being lazy, just because myspace.com was worth billions 10 years ago, doesn’t meant it’s worth billions, and then some today.

Even past name sales dealing with old technology, old trends have high sales amounts, they are not relevant today.

If CryptoWorld.com was on the market for $95K after selling for $195K, would you be all over it?

You can’t blame, or rely on companies to give you verifiable data, that is your job. By placing fake 6 figure bids to test the fail sale of a sale will only get you banned from every platform, in which case you might as well quit this industry.
I have not retracted my offers always . I have always honoured the offers which I have posted..
As I found 500k usd sale as fake or wrongly reported I backed out from my offer. And yes if cryptoworld.com was sold for 500k usd in real and it is available for 95k I would have bought it. It depends on how much money I have at that time and whether there is relevancy of that domain or not.
I found fastfood as a very common word.
N regarding quitting industry i won't do it unless God wants me to do that.
Wont quit just because what others think.
I get your point that if a domain has been sold for high prices before than it might not carry same value presently... Will keep in mind..

•••
Yes I backed out. In first place my decision to buy that domain was influenced by its public sale release of 250k by sedo. Which itself was a lie.
If broker is selling you house at cheaper price and he tolds you that this house was sold by him previously for a higher amount so it's a good deal for you . You accepts buying it but later on you came to know that the broker lied to you about previous sale data.. will u still pay for the house and will you pay because that cheater broker have got you signed on some paper as self drafted agreement of his..

I don't think any neutral person will buy that house. Here the broker is sedo. They only declared the sale of 250k previously.
Ask some experienced lawyer his legal view on this first n then give the opinion.
Sedo must thank to God that I did not register case against them for strategically trying to con me.
They can't hide behind some words on paper termed as agreement..
Wrong is wrong
$95K is well below the $250K that it supposedly sold for in the past. So, even if they "faked" the sale. You still were getting it at a much lower price. Are you worried you won't be able to resale it?

•••
You're obligation to pay their commission was in the contract.

So are yours.

They can mention anything in contract. I wont give to their illegal demands. Tomorrow they will list some stolen domain on their platform and if I come to know about it after buying it then also I won't pay to them..

•••
$95K is well below the $250K that it supposedly sold for in the past. So, even if they "faked" the sale. You still were getting it at a much lower price. Are you worried you won't be able to resale it?
It was not 250k. It was 500k ....
And I dont worry about reselling it.. in any case i have not marketed it for at least a year of my purchase...

•••
They faked the sale so it was enough for me to treat the domain name as controversial ,hence no payment....

•••
They can mention anything in contract. I wont give to their illegal demands. Tomorrow they will list some stolen domain on their platform and if I come to know about it after buying it then also I won't pay to them..

You opened the thread asking who was correct, you or SEDO. You're the one who refused to complete a sale your agreed to.

You also agreed to their TOS and sales contract.

•••
Take this example sedo sold taxes.com today for $250K as they have reported. Previous reportings of this domain are at $750K.

Now do you think the buyer is buying the domain because of a previous sale value, or an applied use of the domain present day.

$250K is insane for fastfood.com, so is $95k, the term has a bit of negative meaning as fast food tends to be labeled as unhealthy. Now for a food delivery service maybe it works, but many of them like to go more with simpler less generic brands.

Either way for an investor to pay that price, doesn’t make much sense, even if it has a previous 7 figure documented sale.

Maybe this is why godaddy decided to put appraisals beside every domain, and the higher prices being paid in the aftermarket as their is a subset that are just buying based on implied value, without figuring out for themselves what the actual value is.

Last edited:
•••
Take this example sedo sold taxes.com today for $250K as they have reported. Previous reportings of this domain are at $750K.

Now do you think the buyer is buying the domain because of a previous sale value of an applied use of the domain?

$250K is insane for fastfood.com, so is $95k, the term has a bit of negative meaning as fast food tends to be labeled as unhealthy. Now for a food delivery service maybe it works, but many of them like to go more with simpler less generic brands.

Either way for an investor to pay that price, doesn’t make much sense, even if it has a previous 7 figure documented sale.
Answering your question if I have bidded for taxes.com at 250k and if my offer was accepted I would have bought it.
If my offer of 250k has been accepted and i came to know that last sale of 750k was a lie i would have not paid or bought at sedo..
If I bidded 250k at sedo for taxes but I came to know that last sale of 750k was a lie ( took place at some other platform) then i would have honor the agreement.
But if i know that last sale of 750k was a lie at sedo than I have backed out..
Pls ask sedo how many domains I have backed out apart from fastfood....

You all seems to support sedo fully that they have no obligation to clarify that the listed sale was a lie... Wow

•••
You opened the thread asking who was correct, you or SEDO. You're the one who refused to complete a sale your agreed to.

You also agreed to their TOS and sales contract.
Well sedo's terms and conditions matter. There is no weightage on terms and conditions of buyer.. wow

•••

Now do you think the buyer is buying the domain because of a previous sale value, or an applied use of the domain present day.

Maybe this is why godaddy decided to put appraisals beside every domain, and the higher prices being paid in the aftermarket as their is a subset that are just buying based on implied value, without figuring out for themselves what the actual value is.
Fastfood is negative word in your part of the world but in our part of the world we don't know that it's a negative word..
You see we came very late in domaining

•••
Who said Sedo was at fault, those people should stand and be accounted and possibly sued by Sedo for slander or libelous statements.

This case, FastFood.com is very clear, I laid it all out. DNPric.es said it sold, not Sedo not @Ron Jackson and not @Michael.
Sedo can threaten these people in terms of legal cases but not me. I can understand you are sedo's partner , they helping you , you helping them . But it doesn't imply that you group of people who are regular at each other parties are always right .
And let me also tell you i will take full responsibility of my thoughts on sedo rather than backstabbing people who are supporting me...
You all are in false impression that internet belongs to you all sir...

•••
Sedo can threaten these people in terms of legal cases but not me. I can understand you are sedo's partner , they helping you , you helping them . But it doesn't imply that you group of people who are regular at each other parties are always right .
And let me also tell you i will take full responsibility of my thoughts on sedo rather than backstabbing people who are supporting me...
You all are in false impression that internet belongs to you all sir...
If i have to reply to court than be sure sedo also have a lot to reply to Indian jurisdiction... We dont honor contracts made towards any false info

•••
Fastfood is negative word in your part of the world but in our part of the world we don't know that it's a negative word..
You see we came very late in domaining
So you just had no idea about fastfood concept in the world, and now you accuse sedo in your incompetence.
You should make research before to make offer, or you have special internet in india?

•••
If i have to reply to court than be sure sedo also have a lot to reply to Indian jurisdiction... We dont honor contracts made towards any false info

Can you post a screenshot or a link of Sedo's statement about "false" sale of FastFood.com? I mean a proof Sedo has made the statement.

•••
So you just had no idea about fastfood concept in the world, and now you accuse sedo in your incompetence.
You should make research before to make offer, or you have special internet in india?
Ya I had no idea before and yes india has special internet in the world thats why all usa companies are coming to India and opening their offices..

•••
Can you post a screenshot or a link of Sedo's statement about "false" sale of FastFood.com? I mean a proof Sedo has made the statement.

Have sedo asked you to ask this from me. I mean are you representing sedo legally ??

•••
Have sedo asked you to ask this from me. I mean are you representing sedo legally ??

No, I just want you to proof us all wrong. Because so far there is no evidence Sedo made such a statement. Or is it???

•••
But as you asked , let me tell you yes I have. No further answer regarding this.
If you know about sedo ui in 2012,13 they used to show "domains recently sold" in their web page. I have that screenshot..

•••
•••
No, I just want you to proof us all wrong. Because so far there is no evidence Sedo made such a statement. Or is it???
If you want to really understand the situation neutrally then put urself in buyer place and think about it. In the morning you all asked where was the sale posted.
Masterofmydomains showed you thedomains link.
Now u want screenshot

•••
Can you share it with us?
No I wont. I will share it in Indian court of law which will understand it from Indian view ,not from western law's view

•••
First you take out this concept from your mind that sedo is always right and have some grace of God that they will always be right . Even though sedo's dirty tricks dept is in full activated mode to erase backlinks , how will they erase screenshot from my mobile. By hacking in it ???

•••
If you want to really understand the situation neutrally then put urself in buyer place and think about it. In the morning you all asked where was the sale posted. Masterofmydomains showed you thedomains link. Now u want screenshot

I never make an offer to a name just because someone supposedly paid a huge bill for it. You should know and make your own research what's the domain worth to you, sorry.

No I wont. I will share it in Indian court of law which will understand it from Indian view ,not from western law's view

In that case I can't blame Sedo for false statement, because I have seen no evidence of false statement made by Sedo, sorry.

•••
Ya I had no idea before and yes india has special internet in the world thats why all usa companies are coming to India and opening their offices..
Lol, if you are on this forum, you also could read here or google about fastfood concept..
even from china people can get information in internet....
you just didnt any research

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back