Status
Not open for further replies.

matrigaldo

Domainer since 2007Top Member
Impact
Flippa Auction Link: https://flippa.com/7027770-ymkv-com
Ending time: 4 days left

Are you familiar with MKV video files? Let's see what DIVX.com says about MKV:

MKV is a flexible, open standard video file format that has quickly become the preferred file extension for high definition video on the Internet. The MKV container can include video, audio, and features such as alternate audio tracks, multilingual subtitles and chapter points, as well as rich metadata including cover art, ratings, descriptions and more. MKV offers a richer media experience than any other current format.

Did you read? I think you should read again.
And again.
And only now you're aware about the value of this domain name.

MKV video format is the present, and will be the future, as well as was DivX and XviD during late 90s and early 2000s.
Check how many HD (720p, 1080p, 4k) video contents are shared on internet right now, and ask to yourself: which video file format are they using?

You already know the answer, right?

I acquired this domain years ago, for a few hundreds of bucks. MKV and all the Matroska project (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska) weren't common at all, but when i realized its potentiality i decided i HAD to invest something in it.

I've been planned a development project for years, but unfortunately every day has only 24 hours, i have a full time job and a few other websites to maintain, so i deferred, and deferred, and deferred, until i understood i wasn't able to develop a proper website.

I thought about all the offers i've rejected during these years, here on Flippa but also on GoDaddy and Sedo (the only places where the domain has been listed so far), i've been always evaluated not the domain name but the development project, then the offers were never enough.

Now the value i see on YMKV*COM is just the domain name one.
And you're damn lucky about this, because it is considerably lower than the developed value.

At this point i could start to write a lot of numbers, statistics, google searches and whatelse, but i'm quite sure you already did your maths as long as you read this.

Well, i wish you all good bidding.

However, remember this: any time you watch a movie on Netflix, a short on Vimeo or a HD video on Youtube, you're just watching a MKV file played through a streaming software.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
2 Days left, i've just lowered the reserve! Place your bid.

•••
Last day! We're getting closer to the reserve!

•••
Only one hour! Currently the bid is at $250, and it's near the reserve!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back