NameSilo

Yahoo's Site Explorer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use Yahoo site explorer to submit my sitemaps to Yahoo and most importantly, people use it to check backlinks for their sites.

•••
It's a useful tool. You can submit your sitemaps, but I really use it to check backlinks... because it's accurate.

•••
Hm interesting. You should to have ID to browse using it?

•••
helps a few, but i still like google sitemap

•••
So that is sitemap for google or for Yahoo. I think that they should be different? No ???

•••
yes, they're different but sometimes yahoo is getting from google.

~ServerPoint~ said:
So that is sitemap for google or for Yahoo. I think that they should be different? No ???

•••
Using the top search

I'm using the top search box to check my backlinks.

With the Yoast SEO plug in, in Firefox its shows each backlinks PR and if its no follow.

The old version of the siteexplorer did not do that on my trusty Mac. It might already have been doing on your Bill Gates boxes but not my machine.

•••
A very useful tool indeed. I use it all the time and lately it has gotten much better.

•••
Its useful to check backlinks .. I did nothing else on this tool

•••
It is especially useful when checking out where your competitions links are coming from.

•••
Mesa SEO Solutions said:
It is especially useful when checking out where your competitions links are coming from.
... of course any real seo would know that you won't be able to authenticate a competitors site, though.

•••
Its a useful tool for checking backlinks.

•••
This one is in my bookmark and I used to see it my backlinks. As this gave you accurate data of your backlinks.

I strongly recommend to use this one if you are into SEO or website business.

•••
I too use it only for backlinks.. sometimes i'll check out competitors backlinks to see some good sites to get links from but that takes too much effort for my liking

•••
dmi said:
It's a useful tool. You can submit your sitemaps, but I really use it to check backlinks... because it's accurate.

That is how we do it... But lately I have seen some wild swings in the backlinks numbers lately.

•••
Cool tool and you can rely on them as well. Earlier I was using some SEO made tools but when I saw this one I left everything.

•••
I'm not using that.. but since you have posted it already, I'm interested to use that so.. Thanks! Cause i'm just using google webmaster tool.

•••
yup i use it a lot. Its good for checking how many pages are indexed in yahoo's search engine..and backlinks for your site.

•••
Does it work ? I mean it really hard to get back links from Yahoo than Google.

•••
bluearrow said:
??

•••
Yeah I am using it but just to check whether number of backlinks which are showing is correct or not. Otherwise there are many websites which will give you all the relevant information such as PR of that website from where your link is coming.

•••
bluearrow said:

If you want a backlink from Google then do use Knol. The links are also do follow... which really seems odd to me.

•••
bluearrow said:
It is not a backlink from Yahoo or google. It is just for checking the number of backlinks your site have from other sites that do get considered when crawled in the Yahoo or Google.

•••
Very useful URL ... and you should bookmark it to get the exact idea about your backlinks and all. Although there are many tools to check your backlinks but however I do believe that this one is reliable source.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back