Dynadot

Xfactor TM issues

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am interested in developing a site which incorporates xfactor.com in its URL.

I would be interested in comments regarding TM issues and possible outcomes. Im a bit wary, especially as its a high profile show at the moment.

The intention is to use the name in relation to hosting automotive clubs and providing them with OsCommerce facilities, calendars etc, for thier respective club members.

Some info I have found so far, includes.

www.xfactor.tv which has at the bottom of the page,
THE X FACTOR is a trademark of FremantleMedia Limited and Simco Limited. Based on the television programme "The X Factor" devised and owned by Simco Limited, and co-produced by Thames Television (part of the FremantleMedia Group) and by Syco TV.
Licensed by FremantleMedia Licensing Worldwide. www.fremantlemedia.com

interestingly tho, the use of the phrase X factor, goes back (maybe further) to a sci-fi novel written in the mid 1960's.
http://www.sfreviews.net/xfactor.html

Am I asking for trouble, or is it worth regging the .com and wait for my site to get pulled.

A.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Kinda cool to finally know what Xfactor means,Cause i really had no idea when i chose it as my user name here,The .com is not available to be regged,I checked along time ago,But if they are so strongly comitted to the name,I wouldn't reg it personaly.

•••
no, the site I want to reg isnt xfactor.com but www.'something'xfactor.com

not revealing name, tho some might work it out from last post.

Ive been reading more, thier TM is specific to TV programs based on the xfactor format.

xfactor itself seems to be a generic term covering many fields, there are established sites which dont sem to have issues, see this link http://www.reference.com/search?db=web&q=x-factor

which includes software vendors and a dance company.

Im interested whether there are TM issues if I use it in the context detailed in my previous post

oh yeah, its a cool name too btw

A.

LMAO, just checked out www.xfactor.com out of curiousity, might lead to some interesting traffic !!

•••
if the TM is for a TV show and your site has nothing to do with TV, there shouldn't be a problem. I'm no expert though so I'd look into it further if I was you

•••
Looked at the site.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOO no,Iam not any of that!!!

•••
for those keeping track of all things xfactor, there was also a comic book from Marvel in the 80s/early 90s called X-Factor.

•••
well, for what its worth I regged it anyway, if it turns out to be a total loss, is only 8 bucks :D

www.autoXfactor.com

A.

•••
Did you check www.uspto.gov? I saw three live trademarks filed for 'xfactor', one for GPS, one for gaming systems, and one for all purpose cleaners.

Your intended use for the automobile industry seems to have nothing to do with the classification any of those trademarks was filed under. Doesn't appear you have anything to worry about.

•••
Thanks, showing my ignorance, I was unaware of that link, which is now bookmarked :D

Thanks for checking it out for me

A.

•••
i owned xFactor dot biz before and I've also leaned about the TM issues re it... so I sold it quick

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back