IT.COM

WTF ??? - Anyone Else Here Getting Shafted By GD Closeout Platform?

NameSilo
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Hey Folks

Has anyone else here been shafted on the GD Closeout platform...this happened to me now 7 times in a row... I had 3 windows open for 3 domains I wanted to grab and then proceeded to checkout... domain goes through fine and I'm sitting with it in my cart...soon as try to enter a discount code..it goes to verifying code status..and then BOOM....I am kicked out of my cart...and the domain I selected is no longer available...I figured..okay maybe by some chance someone else grabbed it before me... tried again.. exact same thing happened on another domain... I still thought.. very strange then tried again...and same thing happened.. then I realized it was happening only when I attempted to use a discount code.. after 7 tries on 7 different domains... I tried a 8 th domain and skipped the coupon code step... and perfect!..no problems at all..
All the other seven domains show as not available anymore when I to go back to the exprireddomains.net... WTF GD????

Are other people also experiencing this? Is this a bug in their system or wtf is going on?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They would come back after 2 to 3 hours.

•••
They would come back after 2 to 3 hours.

No, this is depends on what stage of the closeout process they are.

Some of the domains were still at the $11 stage.. some were at the $8 and somewhere at the $5 stage....

All of the domains still had 3-8hours left on their time counters

•••
It is possible that Godaddy has a bug where the coupon code is kicking the domain out of your cart. If so I would expect it to show back up within a couple of hours. There is a good chance that you didn't see them show back up (because they took so long) and someone else grabbed them.

The time godaddy waits to make a closeout domain available has changed recently to be anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours from what I have seen. (normally 15 mins - 1 hr). This includes the time it takes to put a closeout domain back on the market after someone deletes it from their cart.

There has been a SERIOUS increase in closeout interest lately (all of GD auctions actually).

•••
It is possible that Godaddy has a bug where the coupon code is kicking the domain out of your cart. If so I would expect it to show back up within a couple of hours. There is a good chance that you didn't see them show back up (because they took so long) and someone else grabbed them.

The time godaddy waits to make a closeout domain available has changed recently to be anywhere from 15 minutes to a couple of hours from what I have seen. (normally 15 mins - 1 hr). This includes the time it takes to put a closeout domain back on the market after someone deletes it from their cart.

There has been a SERIOUS increase in closeout interest lately (all of GD auctions actually).

That's the thing though.....normally I would figured this was the case...but thats why I tried again and again... after 7 tries it kept doing it...I've also been checking constantly for some of the better ones come back.... so far nothing.. but I;m still hoping some come back...

•••
a domain added to the cart will be pulled from the site for a couple of hours so that the buyer has a chance to complete the transaction.

Coupon codes don't work with closeouts

•••
a domain added to the cart will be pulled from the site for a couple of hours so that the buyer has a chance to complete the transaction.

Thanks for the response.....But why does it kick me out of my own cart when I tried using a coupon code... fair enough coupons dont work on closeout..but I kept getting kicked out of my cart and when I tried doing the transaction again the domains were not available...?

•••

Is this a recent change of policy? I've used coupons for just about every closeout purchase I've made.

•••
Is this a recent change of policy? I've used coupons for just about every closeout purchase I've made.

I also used a Coupon about 2 weeks ago on closeout... which is why I was confused today

•••

Yes, I have seen this happen for years.

It typically takes a few hours, but then the domain will usually pop back to closeout status.

Is there a set time that it returns to closeout or is it randomized?

•••
I used a coupon code for one 2 days ago.... worked fine.

•••
Yes, I have seen this happen for years.

It typically takes a few hours, but then the domain will usually pop back to closeout status.

Is there a set time that it returns to closeout or is it randomized?

As far as I know they have randomized it...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back