IT.COM

.ws .WS - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hugegrowth

DomainMedia.caTop Member
Impact
Well the .WS registry has been in the news this week for releasing all 5N to 20N combinations last night, and 2 and 3 character .ws will be available later in Feb with new pricing scheme.

.WS registry also has a presence on NP now:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ws...-ws-domains-will-be-released-tomorrow.915224/

Obviously the China story may be creating a new market for short .WS domains. ALL of the NNNN.ws were bought out over three days this past December according to thedomains.com blog.

I registered some 5N.ws last night when they were released, anyone else stepping into .WS now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And I don't even have a fu##ing cat :)

•••
I think Chinese will invest in .ws and some will build websites on them and become the endusers. They've already done this with .cc when the rest of world had no interest in .cc

Our English domain forums, domain blogs and domain news have Zero influence on what the Chinese will do. Just like how 2015 caught everyone off guard. China is big enough to move it's own way, we can only try to profit from it.

•••
Everyone hyping the .WS Delusion here. I post a great 1 word.ws for $20 and no one touches it.

•••
Everyone hyping the .WS Delusion here. I post a great 1 word.ws for $20 and no one touches it.

The delusion is that DISTRIBUTOR is a great keyword and that you base your thoughts and opinions on a mediocre word.ws . It wouldn't get $200 in a dot net. It's obvious from your posting on NP you don't like numbers, you don't like anything that is not keywords. You are as biased as I am on the other side

•••

It's only the Chinese stuff that has a chance, I don't see that rolling over into regular keywords. I see that coupons.ws just sold on Flippa for $232 a couple of days ago. That's a 7 figure domain in .com. Only 1 reported sale over $1,000 in the last 15 months and that site (company) might be the one that got sued by the MPAA, since they had 20+ other movietube domains.

Last edited:
•••
I bought Christmas.cc for $12 yet the NNNN.cc go for four figures. Keywords don't have to have value to make a tld work

•••
It's only the Chinese stuff that has a chance, I don't see that rolling over into regular keywords. I see that coupons.ws just sold on Flippa for $232 a couple of days ago. That's a 7 figure domain in .com. Only 1 reported sale over $1,000 in the last 15 months.
Even the Chinese stuff is speculation at best. Soon enough it's going to implode. What bothers me is that folks in the U.S. think of themselves as so smart to buy in and then hoping to sell it to the Chinese as if all of them have left their country for distant Mars or sleeping through all this.

•••
Even the Chinese stuff is speculation at best. Soon enough it's going to implode. What bothers me is that folks in the U.S. think of themselves as so smart to buy in and then hoping to sell it to the Chinese as if all of them have left their country for distant Mars or sleeping through all this.
How can you possibly type all this when you have a 6N.club sale thread in your sig?

•••
I know these are different markets, but it should be noted that nearly every market has been on a decline since their peaks in the beginning of February. The 4L.com market has reached a 90-day low in this timespan alone, and even though numerics are at a positive position, they've still been on a decline as well. I don't know if this is supporting empirical evidence to your theory happening much sooner or the markets just evening out, but only time will tell who is right in this.

Place your bets only if you can afford to be a loser.

I just took 1: 99881 ws

•••
How can you possibly type all this when you have a 6N.club sale thread in your sig?

I am not immune to the realities of the business. My opinion was focused on what's to come. :)

•••
I know these are different markets, but it should be noted that nearly every market has been on a decline since their peaks in the beginning of February. The 4L.com market has reached a 90-day low in this timespan alone, and even though numerics are at a positive position, they've still been on a decline as well. I don't know if this is supporting empirical evidence to your theory happening much sooner or the markets just evening out, but only time will tell who is right in this.

Decline? Seems more steady to me. Did you see all the sales in this weeks Dnjournal report?

•••
Decline? Seems more steady to me. Did you see all the sales in this weeks Dnjournal report?
Random letters are down to the 1800-1900 mark where a month or so they would commend $2200+ easily. Double repeaters are at $2300~ and there are some exceptions which I believe may have specific meanings or have found their end users selling for $3000+ (much like some selling for less than $1500 as it works both ways).
  • Low: zwtn.com $2000; High: gfts.com $4300 reported by DNJournal
  • $2010 average selling price for the last 50 reported sales on NameBio with 26 of those occurring on 4.cn (which averages lower at $1932)
  • 12,880 Yuan ($1973) over the last 50 transactions reported by Chaomi
I find it odd that they sell for a premium on markets primarily with Western investors and at a discount (comparatively) in their own...

•••
These are amazing amounts when you consider only a year or so ago

•••
These are amazing amounts when you consider only a year or so ago
Yes, but as previously mentioned, not so much when compared to a market that has been steadily going down over the past 30 days to the point of 4L.com's being at a 90-day low (other markets higher, but have still been declining as well).

•••
Yes, but as previously mentioned, not so much when compared to a market that has been steadily going down over the past 30 days to the point of 4L.com's being at a 90-day low (other markets higher, but have still been declining as well).

30 days? 30 days is not a market. Lets come back in a year please. I can remember having these EXACT discussions 5 years ago about the 4 number market. No endusers, can't keep going up. Lets talk about all this after renewal time in the fall and then we'll know.

And yes, people that bought 2 weeks ago are down money. Flipping is a great way to lose or make money if your time frame is 3 months.

•••
30 days? 30 days is not a market. Lets come back in a year please. I can remember having these EXACT discussions 5 years ago about the 4 number market. No endusers, can't keep going up. Lets talk about all this after renewal time in the fall and then we'll know.

And yes, people that bought 2 weeks ago are down money. Flipping is a great way to lose or make money if your time frame is 3 months.
If you had read the previous post, you would have gotten the context to come up with a better conclusion to what I said. I never said 30-days is indicative to a market collapse, rather that for the past 30-days it has gone to a 90-day low which may prove naysayers right in that a crash is inevitable. Anywhoo, all things good must come to an end. Good luck with your $10,000+ WS investment; I hope it pans out in your favor. But if not, like said, don't play the game if you're not willing to lose.

•••
I think it's a lot like having a $100 bill that you can't spend at a gas station. You have to get your ass to a bank and cash it in. In exchange you get a $50, a $20, a $10, a $5, and 5 $1s. Now you can get those Doritos. By now I'm sure you're asking wtf this has to do with domains. Well. the $100 bill, in this case, is a 3L CHIP. Sure, it has value but your market is small because most people can't cash a $100 bill with the change they have in their pocket. So I suppose it'd make more sense to carry 2 $50 bills (4L CHIPs) since it's easier to spend. However, at times you will still need change. My point isn't that no one carries cash anymore. My point is that the domains with smaller value are actually more liquid. So to think that all these domains will increase rapidly is lunacy. Some domains are meant to be 1s, while others are meant to be 5s, 20s, or even 50s.

Just my 2 cents.

•••

I did notice it seemed to be kind of stagnate lately - http://www.llllsales.com/charts.php

Looks like it went up about $1500 in 4 months, Aug - Dec, then kind of plateaued, kind of steady last few months.

People were posting to wait after their New Year, and didn't see much happening.

•••
Just my 2 cents.

You mean just your nickle, right? 2 cents is very inconvenient :)

I don't understand this forum sometimes. You make quite an astute observation and no-one cares because we want to talk about penis size bank balance or something.

•••
You mean just your nickle, right? 2 cents is very inconvenient :)

I don't understand this forum sometimes. You make quite an astute observation and no-one cares because we want to talk about penis size bank balance or something.

I think people see my face to the left of the comment and immediately ignore what I have to say. Once in a while, I make shitty metaphors that are actually accurate.

•••
•••
When you type a name into Google Domains with the .ws to see if it's available you get back "extension not supported"

•••
I have a better chance of teaching my cat Algebra than Nick does of trying to convince Recon that .ws will grow. Despite the efforts of some, you can make exactly zero dollars shorting a TLD. All you can do is invest in what you think will make money on and do it. Criticizing and bashing others purchases and ideas using the false premise that you are preventing a newbie from wasting money is fruitless.

#dontaskquestionswhenyoureallydontwanttoheartheanswers
You're correct you can't "short a TLD" but you can certainly short the names promoting them if they're a public company. A perfect example is NAME if this stock doesn't hold $7.97 it's about to take a 20% hit or more to the downside. This stock is a barometer for the domain industry.

•••

David please see my post on this thread re the stock price of NAME it goes to exactly what you just said here.

•••
I think people see my face to the left of the comment and immediately ignore what I have to say. Once in a while, I make sh*tty metaphors that are actually accurate.

There's an easy solution to this: use the photo of the girlfriend (one that you'd like to have) as your new avatar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back