Dynadot

.ws .WS - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hugegrowth

DomainMedia.caTop Member
Impact
Well the .WS registry has been in the news this week for releasing all 5N to 20N combinations last night, and 2 and 3 character .ws will be available later in Feb with new pricing scheme.

.WS registry also has a presence on NP now:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ws...-ws-domains-will-be-released-tomorrow.915224/

Obviously the China story may be creating a new market for short .WS domains. ALL of the NNNN.ws were bought out over three days this past December according to thedomains.com blog.

I registered some 5N.ws last night when they were released, anyone else stepping into .WS now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I think Arrow is the sort of name that will have value if keywords are able to draft off the speculation in numerical and short .ws

•••
I think Arrow is the sort of name that will have value if keywords are able to draft off the speculation in numerical and short .ws
I agree with Nat. I'm a little concerned for people buying the English keywords and hoping to sell them anytime soon. I think the safest play is to cater to Chinese type domains. That's where the marketing push is going.

You can make a parallel with .cc I think. For now I wouldn't buy any English word .ws unless it was something awesome like money, drone or insurance.

•••
For now I wouldn't buy any English word .ws unless it was something awesome like money, drone or insurance.
I have about 80+ english words, such as smart, gadget, safe, travels, etc. Couldn't resist to reg them :)

•••
I'm a little concerned for people buying the English keywords and hoping to sell them anytime soon.

I actually have been buying really solid keywords like Install, Cookie, Tune, Today, Sort, etc. I'm thinking ROI could be better buying these at $6.99 than the short stuff for however much that costs. And we did see Bitcoin.ws go over $500 on GD Expiring the other day.

EDIT: Also got some animal names: Lobster, Giraffe. And people names: Stuart, Diaz (popular 4L last name), etc.

•••
Sold Truck.ws in 2009 for $1000.

Any english keyword .ws sold recently?

•••
•••
I actually have been buying really solid keywords like Install, Cookie, Tune, Today, Sort, etc. I'm thinking ROI could be better buying these at $6.99 than the short stuff for however much that costs. And we did see Bitcoin.ws go over $500 on GD Expiring the other day.

EDIT: Also got some animal names: Lobster, Giraffe. And people names: Stuart, Diaz (popular 4L last name), etc.
Oh cool, that's pretty awesome. I didn't know they were selling. I might look and see what I can find. Maybe I'm so wrapped up in numbers and letter patterns I forget about other stuff.

•••
@ikehook I haven't really seen evidence that they are selling yet other than that Bitcoin example. Just to be clear.

•••
Have had these for some years now. Anyone interested, will let it go for decent prices, not cheap necessarily. Prices start min. $500

CAMPS.WS
CONTRACT.WS
COOKIES.WS
COVERLETTER.WS
DANCING.WS
HUNT.WS
KAMASUTRA.WS
LABOUR.WS
MATERNITY.WS
MOTORSPORTS.WS
PARKS.WS
PLASTIC.WS
TEACHING.WS
TESTS.WS
TEXTILES.WS
TITLE.WS
CLICK.WS
DEAL.WS
EXPERT.WS
WEBPAGE.WS
VACANCIES.WS
RECRUITING.WS

•••
Have had these for some years now. Anyone interested, will let it go for decent prices, not cheap necessarily. Prices start min. $500

CAMPS.WS
CONTRACT.WS
COOKIES.WS
COVERLETTER.WS
DANCING.WS
HUNT.WS
KAMASUTRA.WS
LABOUR.WS
MATERNITY.WS
MOTORSPORTS.WS
PARKS.WS
PLASTIC.WS
TEACHING.WS
TESTS.WS
TEXTILES.WS
TITLE.WS
CLICK.WS
DEAL.WS
EXPERT.WS
WEBPAGE.WS
VACANCIES.WS
RECRUITING.WS
Hi-how much are the renewal fees on each name? Thank you

•••
Just got -----.ws in Godaddy auction. B-)
Better confirm first!

The domain I got from Godaddy closeout was Wuhan.ws

It just took a few days to clear, but in my account today.

•••
•••
Sold Truck.ws in 2009 for $1000.

Any english keyword .ws sold recently?

I sold GAMING earlier this month for $99 on ebay

That's a good deal for the buyer if .WS picks up, as gaming is a huge industry worldwide

•••
•••
That's a big price drop from before.

•••
I picked up a few 5N yesterday on Nicked.net where they were doing a 1 day promo at $4.44

•••
•••
Just bought 19 keywords I had on my may-reg list. Rachel, Version, Count, etc. Thanks @bluebox for the heads up on the price drop.

•••
Uniregistry doesn't offer .ws yet. Reg fees for .ws are all over the map at different registrars.

•••
Thx 2.99! Just got 10 more: buds furs mage meow rant tofu fatima yassin samuel olivia

There are not a whole lot of 4l words or names left

•••
•••
I have vouchers.ws if anybody wants to buy it?

•••
How interesting GoDaddy promo $2.99, I wonder if they are doing promo before price hike? Or they just sell at loss all the time?

Got email from Reseller Club registry is changing price, so it appears they end their $4.99 promo March 6th, see my sig for details. Reg/Renew will be $21.99, Renew right now is $18.99

Be aware I cannot confirm the registry is actually making a price hike change, but I did notice DynaDot now at $8.99 and I really think yesterday they were $7.99 and when this all started DD was $6.99.

Also Hexonet was $9 ( I bought 1/29) now Reg 11.00 USD and Renew 25.00 USD

I always wanted a price tracker history, to see what the market rate was at any given time, if anyone knows of one, lemme know.

Also I just re-ran my 4 letter word list and there are ~1000 but that may be inaccurate from too much c&p, plus I don't recall where I got the list to start, there's a lot of dictionary but not practical words and I am sure it does not include slang or internet terms/abbreviations.

•••
A lot ask about .WS sales. I found a site with 100+ listed: http://dnpric.es/stats/stats-by-tld/?cctld=ws
they might not ALL be listed though. The site also says only ~430 .cn sales which is way low. Safe to say the site is not tracking Chinese sale sites.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back