Dynadot

poll Would you take the Covid Vaccine when it becomes available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you willing to get vaccinated for Covid

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes but only if required by my employer

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
The only way to end this Pandemic is if the majority of the people around the World get vaccinated.

It's amazing that several vaccines have already been developed in record time and thus far they all show very good results as far as creating some level of immunity against Covid19 without causing any major side effects and supposedly even if those who have been vaccinated come down with the disease it won't be at the more severe levels that require hospitalization.

There are many companies that are working on the vaccine although the top contenders currently are Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-vaccine-heres-what-we-know-them/6308571002/

I personally would be first in line to get the vaccine as I am in the older category with some history of heart problems and although I believe that everyone should be free to make their own choices, but this will only be effective in stopping the Pandemic if the majority of the people (like over 80% or so) get vaccinated.

Please do your own research about the vaccines and indicate your choice in the poll (visible to all) and post any justification for your decision as to whether you are going to get the vaccine or not below.

IMO

Thread rules: everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side.

If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO an the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We all should be giving our thanks to all the scientists that have made possible these vaccines.

From what I understand some of these companies plan to use the new methods that have been used for making these Covid Vaccines to create a platform for tackling a lot of the other diseases that have been ailing Humanity for so long.

Some of them also plan to introduce the vaccines in the powder form in the near future which will be a lot easier to store and distribute.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
My wife said she has something better than vaccine: Alcohol. It kills Virus.
She gives me a shot when I am going out and one shot when I get home.

•••
From what I understand some of these companies plan to use the new methods that have been used for making these Covid Vaccines to create a platform for tackling a lot of the other diseases that have been ailing Humanity for so long.

Some of them also plan to introduce the vaccines in the powder form in the near future which will be a lot easier to store and distribute.

IMO
Yes, you are right. mRNA vaccines open a new era to make fast and tailored vaccines against different diseases.

Understanding mRNA COVID-19 Vaccines

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/mrna.html

New Approach to Vaccines

"mRNA vaccines are a new type of vaccine to protect against infectious diseases. To trigger an immune response, many vaccines put a weakened or inactivated germ into our bodies. Not mRNA vaccines. Instead, they teach our cells how to make a protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies."

A Closer Look at How COVID-19 mRNA Vaccines Work

COVID-19 mRNA vaccines give instructions for our cells to make a harmless piece of what is called the “spike protein.” The spike protein is found on the surface of the virus that causes COVID-19.

"Once the instructions (mRNA) are inside the muscle cells, the cells use them to make the protein piece. After the protein piece is made, the cell breaks down the instructions and gets rid of them.

Next, the cell displays the protein piece on its surface. Our immune systems recognize that the protein doesn’t belong there and begin building an immune response and making antibodies, like what happens in natural infection against COVID-19.

At the end of the process, our bodies have learned how to protect against future infection. The benefit of mRNA vaccines, like all vaccines, is those vaccinated gain this protection without ever having to risk the serious consequences of getting sick with COVID-19."

•••
My wife said she has something better than vaccine: Alcohol. It kills Virus.
She gives me a shot when I am going out and one shot when I get home.
That works only when water is dirty. Then it can prevent you from getting sick :)

While filming “The African Queen” everyone fell sick from drinking the water except for Humphrey Bogart and John Huston, who drank whiskey

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017...ey-bogart-and-john-houston-who-drank-whiskey/

"Contaminated water was perhaps enemy number one, and at one point everyone except for Humphrey Bogart and director John Huston suffered from dysentery. Just like his character, Captain Allnut, Bogart liked drinking, so he and his drinking buddy, director Huston, apparently drank more whiskey than water. Perhaps because of that, they managed to remain dysentery free throughout the shoot.
Stomach problems tormented most of the cast."

Last edited:
•••
@johnn

Are you planning to get the Covid Vaccine,

Make sure to vote either way.

•••
I am too old and I am going to die soon anyway so I want to save my portion for someone else younger.

•••
I am too old and I am going to die soon anyway so I want to save my portion for someone else younger.

Thanks for making such great sacrifice for the rest of us,

But I believe that the elderly are the next in line to get the vaccine after the medical and healthcare workers, the younger and more healthy people might have to wait a few more months though.

IMO

•••
The elderly have the same right to live as younger people... they have already worked a lot during their lives and they deserve to be treated good and with good care also in their last life time, that's for sure (y)

Last edited:
•••
I am not concerned about live or death. I am just worried about who I would give all my domain names to.

•••

John, I have a recommended reading for you. :xf.cool:
Heaven and Hell (Swedenborg book) [1758]

•••
Been married for so long so I know what hell is.
I see heaven when I am drunk.

•••
Last edited:
•••
@johnn

Now that you have chosen to participate in this thread make sure to also vote.

And no more off topic posts please.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I am sad to know that as many as 30 people who choose "No I will not get the vaccine voluntarily"

hope you are consuming the information properly.
don't let your ego make you stupid and selfish

•••
I would advise everyone to eat well, take all your essential vitamins (D, C, B, E, etc), and do as much sport as you can.

If one day you feel any symptom of Covid (which you won't in more than 95% of cases even when tested positive) just tell your doctor, he'll know how to treat you. If he is a good one he should suggest proven cheap treatments (old generic molecules) like the association of Hydroxychloroquine + Azitromicine, etc. in the early stages of the illness.

Also, If you are younger than 70 you have very little chance of complications, so very little to worry about.

And finally, the most important thing to do is burning all the TVs in the house. This is essential to lower your levels of stress and anxiety, which will boost your immune system and protect you better against any kind of potential infections (including Covid).

PS: Don't cheat by replacing TV with social media, it can be as harmful in terms of increasing your stress levels and diminishing your overall immune system :)

Last edited:
•••
•••
We need to have a more Universal Standard and a more Unified Effort at the Global level when it comes to getting the best Covid Vaccines approved and for dealing with this Pandemic in general.

IMO

This article also emphasizes on the importance of this point in more details:

COVID vaccines: the world’s medical regulators need access to open data

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03458-z

Last edited:
•••
Hell to the naw naw naw!

Last edited:
•••
How kids’ immune systems can evade COVID

Childrens’ untrained immune response seems to be key to eliminating SARS-CoV-2.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03496-7
As someone says at the end of that article:

"...it is unlikely that there is a single explanation for why COVID-19 seems to affect children less than adults. “Biology is rarely so straightforward."

In fact, not only children are evading Covid-19, but also younger adults on their 20s or 30s, and those are not children with "untrained" immune system.

It is clear that there's something related to the age and to the immune system that makes older people a more defined target for Covid-19 than youngers. Also, we don't have to forget about comorbidities or other diseases that convert a young person into a clear target of Covid-19, like morbid obesity and its related diseases like diabetes and cirtulatory system problems due to the obesity.

Last edited:
•••
@Mr. Deleted

When you post an external source you need to provide a brief description as to what it is about and how it relates to the subject of this thread.

Thanks

•••
@Mr. Deleted

When you post an external source you need to provide a brief description as to what it is about and how it relates to the subject of this thread.

Thanks
its answering the question. hell to the naw naw naw.

•••
I see that the poll is now close to 50/50

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back