IT.COM

poll Would you take the Covid Vaccine when it becomes available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you willing to get vaccinated for Covid

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes but only if required by my employer

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
The only way to end this Pandemic is if the majority of the people around the World get vaccinated.

It's amazing that several vaccines have already been developed in record time and thus far they all show very good results as far as creating some level of immunity against Covid19 without causing any major side effects and supposedly even if those who have been vaccinated come down with the disease it won't be at the more severe levels that require hospitalization.

There are many companies that are working on the vaccine although the top contenders currently are Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-vaccine-heres-what-we-know-them/6308571002/

I personally would be first in line to get the vaccine as I am in the older category with some history of heart problems and although I believe that everyone should be free to make their own choices, but this will only be effective in stopping the Pandemic if the majority of the people (like over 80% or so) get vaccinated.

Please do your own research about the vaccines and indicate your choice in the poll (visible to all) and post any justification for your decision as to whether you are going to get the vaccine or not below.

IMO

Thread rules: everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side.

If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO an the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
its answering the question. hell to the naw naw naw.

Still, it's required that you give people an idea in your original post as to what it is that they are clicking on and how it relates to this thread.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
Current poll results:

34 Yes / 34 No

I invite everyone here at NamePros to vote in order to make this poll scientifically more accurate.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I won't / wouldn''t get it, but if I really had to, I would choose Russian vaccine. I don't trust any Western (deepstate) corona vaccine. I would prefer plasma from a recovered patient to any vaccine. I never got a flu shot. I don't get flu if I get enough sunshine in the summer. Probably same is true for corona, although it is probably more tricky, because of being GMO.

Deepstate is in rush to get approval to vaccinate India. They think Indians are suckers. What they tried to do but failed in China, now they are trying in India. India is much less democratic than China and everything would be easier there.

If you were vaccinated , but regret it, what to do (just an idea, maybe it wouldn't work):
replace most of your blood with new blood, gradually , by "donating" it. For example, make your nose bleed.

Last edited:
•••
If any of the members here is able to get the Covid Vaccine right now please keep us informed as to how and where you were able to get it and if you were okay afterwards

I had planned to get the first shot this week, but after speaking to my oncologist, I am going to wait until the next round/shipment/production run. The doses in my area will not be enough to cover the healthcare workers, first responders and those in assisted living so I told him to give the one earmarked for me to someone who needs/deserves it more.

On a somewhat related note, he told me many 'offers' have been made to him 'off the record' to be placed on the list or moved higher. He is widely known to have very high ethical standards and he speculates there are many boutique doctors that are gladly taking 'payments' in advance.

These folks, throwing cash at mediocre doctors to skip their position, should be lined up so anyone/everyone that would like to bitch slap them should have the opportunity.

Sorry, OT, I got a little sidetracked. I will post here and will likely start another thread when I do get the shot...I will make a daily (or more often) update as time progresses in the event any odd things begin to happen. It is a good idea for you to ask for input from vaccine recipients so we can all learn from their experiences.

•••
At first I thought I will definitely will vaccinate myself as soon as possible, but after hearing about it being pretty dangerous to those who have allergies - I'm not that excited about it now. Just taking Vitamin D supplement now & hoping that somehow I'll manage to get through it since herd immunity is in place.

•••
A group of employees from a specific race, forced another employee to get swine-flu-vaccine, but they were not taking it themselves. (I don't mention the race, because then I would be called racist.) I heard this from Jim Willie, who is not mature enough, but is on the good side overall. he also mentioned elsewhere that in Africa people who got swine-flu-vaccine got horrible side effects (Guillain-Barré syndrome), while who didn't were totally ok. And Red-Cross people were killed because of this.

Last edited:
•••
I won't / wouldn''t get it, but if I really had to, I would choose Russian vaccine. I don't trust any Western (deepstate) corona vaccine. I would prefer plasma from a recovered patient to any vaccine. I never got a flu shot. I don't get flu if I get enough sunshine in the summer. Probably same is true for corona, although it is probably more tricky, because of being GMO.

Deepstate is in rush to get approval to vaccinate India. They think Indians are suckers. What they tried to do but failed in China, now they are trying in India. India is much less democratic than China and everything would be easier there.

If you were vaccinated , but regret it, what to do (just an idea, maybe it wouldn't work):
replace most of your blood with new blood, gradually , by "donating" it. For example, make your nose bleed.

As I have been saying before I respect people's decision either way,

But, don't let your decision be affected by conspiracy theories and propaganda, there is a lot of info in this thread and on the Internet, so do your own research from reputable sources and make sure whatever you decide is based on facts.

What you decide for yourself and what you might recommend to your family and friends can have lasting consequences, so make sure that you are doing the right thing and that you can stand by your choices without any regrets later on.

IMO

I had planned to get the first shot this week, but after speaking to my oncologist, I am going to wait until the next round/shipment/production run. The doses in my area will not be enough to cover the healthcare workers, first responders and those in assisted living so I told him to give the one earmarked for me to someone who needs/deserves it more.

On a somewhat related note, he told me many 'offers' have been made to him 'off the record' to be placed on the list or moved higher. He is widely known to have very high ethical standards and he speculates there are many boutique doctors that are gladly taking 'payments' in advance.

These folks, throwing cash at mediocre doctors to skip their position, should be lined up so anyone/everyone that would like to bitch slap them should have the opportunity.

Sorry, OT, I got a little sidetracked. I will post here and will likely start another thread when I do get the shot...I will make a daily (or more often) update as time progresses in the event any odd things begin to happen. It is a good idea for you to ask for input from vaccine recipients so we can all learn from their experiences.

I hope that you won't have to wait too long to get it and that everything works out for the best. Keep us informed of your progress, Best of luck to you.

As far as some people buying their way to the front of the line I guess it will be the job of the journalists and the media at large to expose them. I understand that some people might need to be given priority because they are holding critical positions in the society, but everyone else should wait until the health and essential workers and those who are more vulnerable due to age or preexisting medical conditions get the vaccine first.

At first I thought I will definitely will vaccinate myself as soon as possible, but after hearing about it being pretty dangerous to those who have allergies - I'm not that excited about it now. Just taking Vitamin D supplement now & hoping that somehow I'll manage to get through it since herd immunity is in place.

Best to consult with your doctor first so that you can make an informed decision.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
But, don't let your decision be affected by conspiracy theories and propaganda, there is a lot of info in this thread and on the Internet, so do your own research from reputable sources and make sure whatever you decide is based on facts.

What you decide for yourself and what you might recommend to your family and friends can have lasting consequences, so make sure that you are doing the right thing and that you can stand by your choices without any regrets later on.
Best to consult with your doctor first so that you can make an informed decision.
IMO

Same advice to you.
What are reputable sources... Mainstream Media? or its scientific version? a govt web site?

Show me any "reputable source" which says
Apollo Moon landings were fake, or
9/11 official story is wrong.

You can't find any well/known/accepted /referenced source,
but I can debunk official stories with 1 line proof. ..

In Moon landing case: in an Apollo video, the "Moon"'s gravity acceleration is very close to that of the Earth (not the same, because of air-friction) and trajectory of dust is not parabolic.

on 9/11, wtc7 collapsed for no reason.

So these are very easily disprovable big lies, but look at any scientific journal, popular science magazine,
or any well-established newspaper or web site. Which one of them can tell the truth: NONE. ALL LIE IN HARMONY (or remain quiet). This can only happen if they are run (or controlled) by the same powerful entity. Now it is time to get rid of it.

I'm my own doctor. And there is a real doctor in our family who won't take it.

Last edited:
•••
Corona vaccine, may protect you for a while, but this doesn't mean everything is ok. 8 billion people can get vaccinated, corona can be totally eliminated, but with a push of a button, all may die.

•••
edit: unintended duplicate..(internet connecting and disconnecting..)

Last edited:
•••
I dont need any more kids but I don't want to limit myself from having any and I don't want to die needlessly. So no, I am not putting poison in my body.

•••
From USA Today:

" In a letter to the FDA, Pfizer listed the ingredients in its vaccine. They can be organized into four basic categories:

Active Ingredient

30 mcg of a nucleosidemodified messenger RNA (modRNA) encoding the viral spike (S) glycoprotein of SARS-CoV-2.

Fats

lipids (0.43 mg (4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2-hexyldecanoate), 0.05 mg 2[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide, 0.09 mg 1,2-distearoyl-sn-glycero-3- phosphocholine, and 0.2 mg cholesterol)

Salts

0.01 mg potassium chloride

0.01 mg monobasic potassium phosphate

0.36 mg sodium chloride

0.07 mg dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate

Sugar

6 mg sucrose

“Nothing too surprising there,” said Dr. Matthew Heinz, a hospitalist based in Tucson, Arizona. “It’s a normal way of packaging up medications for people.”

The only active ingredient in the vaccine is the messenger RNA encoding the viral spike of SARS-CoV-2. This describes the modified mRNA that contains the code for cells to make the spike protein specific to the virus that will help create antibodies to attack it. "

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6520511002

•••
Warning:

Watch out for any scams that might arise out of this Pandemic.

Be careful of people trying to sell you Covid Vaccines on the phone that you can inject yourself. Don't send them any money and don't give them any of your personal info.

Covid Vaccine injections should only be done by trained and qualified medical staff at designated Hospitals, Medical Centers, Clinics, Pharmacies, and their affiliated Mobile Trucks or Tents which will give you an official certificate after vaccination. (and hopefully with a sticker or a pin that you can wear that says you have gotten the Covid Vaccine.)

IMO

Last edited:
•••
I don't trust any of these, because all are controlled by deepstate.

•••
I don't trust any of these, because all are controlled by deepstate.

of course you are entitled to have your own opinion, but I believe that the only way that we can bring this Pandemic to an end is for everyone to put all political animosities aside and work together towards containing the virus.

I have learned that all people have the potential to do both good and bad, we need to encourage and support them when they are doing good and we need to expose them when they are up to something bad.

I always try to be fair and as such I do have a certain amount of respect and appreciation for any system of government that respects and protects the people's right of Free Speech which I consider to be a fundamental part of Human Rights.

If you are unhappy with the way certain things are being run you are free to tell us why and expose any shortcomings that you have found that are based on facts (not based on conspiracy theories or propaganda), but you are not entitled to force your opinion and beliefs on others and you are not allowed to entice violence, other than that no one is preventing you to speak your mind about what you are unhappy about.

Although you need to create your own thread for that as I don't want the discussions here about the Covid Vaccine to be taken off topic.

IMO

•••
What Is Herd Immunity?

" Herd immunity, or community immunity, is when a large part of the population of an area is immune to a specific disease. If enough people are resistant to the cause of a disease, such as a virus or bacteria, it has nowhere to go.

While not every single individual may be immune, the group as a whole has protection. This is because there are fewer high-risk people overall. The infection rates drop, and the disease peters out.

Herd immunity protects at-risk populations. These include babies and those whose immune systems are weak and can’t get resistance on their own.

How Do You Achieve Herd Immunity?

There are two ways this can happen.

You can develop resistance naturally. When your body is exposed to a virus or bacteria, it makes antibodies to fight off the infection. When you recover, your body keeps these antibodies. Your body will defend against another infection. This is what stopped the Zika virus outbreak in Brazil. Two years after the outbreak began, 63% of the population had had exposure to the virus. Researchers think the community reached the right level for herd immunity.

Vaccines can also build resistance. They make your body think a virus or bacteria has infected it. You don’t get sick, but your immune system still makes protective antibodies. The next time your body meets that bacteria or virus, it’s ready to fight it off. This is what stopped polio in the United States. "

https://www.webmd.com/lung/what-is-herd-immunity

•••
COVID-19 vaccine trial ethics once we have efficacious vaccines

" What should researchers do if a vaccine candidate is judged to be safe and efficacious? Guidance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) states that in the event that a COVID-19 vaccine candidate is judged to be “safe and effective,” discussion may be necessary “to address ethical arguments to break the blind and offer vaccine to placebo recipients”

We consider here two questions raised by this guidance: First, if a vaccine candidate is found to be safe and efficacious in a placebo-controlled trial, should the researchers continue that trial as designed? Second, should researchers continue to test other vaccine candidates using placebo-controlled trials? "

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/370/6522/1277.full

•••
Current poll results:

36 Yes / 36 No

I invite everyone here at NamePros to vote in order to make this poll scientifically more accurate.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
U.S. Begins Vaccine Rollout, With Shots Given in New York

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/1...-americas-most-ambitious-vaccination-campaign

"The first shot was given in the American mass vaccination campaign on Monday morning, opening a new chapter in the battle against the coronavirus pandemic, which has killed more people in the United States than in any other country.

Shortly after 9 a.m. on Monday, the first clinically authorized vaccination took place in Long Island Jewish Medical Center in Queens.

“I believe this is the weapon that will end the war,” Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo said at the event on Monday morning, shortly before the shot was given to Sandra Lindsay, a critical care nurse at the center. State officials said the shot was the first to be given outside of a vaccine trial in the United States.

Ms. Lindsay, who has treated patients throughout the pandemic, said that she hoped her public vaccination would instill confidence that the shots were safe.

“I feel like healing is coming,” she said. “I hope this marks the beginning of the end of a very painful time in our history.”

•••
•••
New version means, vaccines won't work. We can't get a new vaccine for each virus.
But they may still "work" if we are talking about the agenda behind them (western/deepstate versions).

•••
New version means, vaccines won't work. We can't get a new vaccine for each virus.

I am sure that the doctors and the scientists will figure all this out as they gain more knowledge and experience about the family of Coronaviruses.

The new vaccines work differently than the old ones like the ones we have for flu, that's why they have to make flu vaccines every year, but the new Covid Vaccines are supposed to be effective longer although some of this is only going to be known through trial and error as we learn more about viruses and vaccines in the future.

Nevertheless we have to use all the tools that are currently available to us to end this Pandemic. The alternative is to do nothing and surrender to the virus which is going to lead to many more deaths in the future.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back