IT.COM

poll Would you take the Covid Vaccine when it becomes available

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you willing to get vaccinated for Covid

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes but only if required by my employer

votes
    0.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
The only way to end this Pandemic is if the majority of the people around the World get vaccinated.

It's amazing that several vaccines have already been developed in record time and thus far they all show very good results as far as creating some level of immunity against Covid19 without causing any major side effects and supposedly even if those who have been vaccinated come down with the disease it won't be at the more severe levels that require hospitalization.

There are many companies that are working on the vaccine although the top contenders currently are Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...d-vaccine-heres-what-we-know-them/6308571002/

I personally would be first in line to get the vaccine as I am in the older category with some history of heart problems and although I believe that everyone should be free to make their own choices, but this will only be effective in stopping the Pandemic if the majority of the people (like over 80% or so) get vaccinated.

Please do your own research about the vaccines and indicate your choice in the poll (visible to all) and post any justification for your decision as to whether you are going to get the vaccine or not below.

IMO

Thread rules: everyone is invited to participate as long as things are kept on topic and are on the constructive, professional, and respectful side.

If you provide a link to anything make sure that it pertains to the subject of this thread and give a brief description as to what it is about, and if you are just expressing your own personal opinion make sure to put IMO an the end of your comment (In My Opinion).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Do you have anything factual to add to this thread other than conspiracy theories.

IMO

Check out the Event 201 Pandemic Exercise as one launching point.

•••
Do you have anything factual to add to this thread other than conspiracy theories.

IMO

Here is Fauci in 2017 speaking about the "surprise outbreak" he guarantees will come.

•••

IMO

In case you missed it above I'll post it again:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2599911/

Here is Forked Tongue Fauci in his own words in a PubMed article stating the Spanish Flu deaths were caused by BACTERIA INFECTION (Not viral infection)

I can hand you the 1000 pieces of the jigsaw puzzle, but you'll have to use your own supercomputer, aka your brain and soul - to extrapolate the information to piece the puzzle together.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@Compassion

I am more interested in what the experts have to say today rather than what they might have said in the past, after all this has been a learning curve for everyone and there is still a lot that is unknown that needs to be figured out. The important thing is what is being done right now today to end the Pandemic and what we can learn about all this that can help us to save the future of Humanity and our Home Planet.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
@Compassion

I am more interested in what the experts have to say today rather than what they might have said in the past, after all this has been a learning curve for everyone and there is still a lot that is unknown that needs to be figured out. The important thing is what is being done right now today to end the Pandemic and what we can learn about all this that can help us to save the future of Humanity and our Home Planet.

IMO

Define "Expert" please.

•••
Define "Expert" please.

You can look up the official definition of "Expert" online.

But as far as I am concerned I think of an Expert as someone (or an entity such as an AI) that has acquired special knowledge and skills through education, training, and from on hands experience with dealing with and handling of similar situations within a certain area and category.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
You can look up the official definition of "Expert" online.

But as far as I am concerned I think of an Expert as someone (or an entity such as an AI) that has acquired special knowledge and skills through education, training, and from on hands experience with dealing with and handling of similar situations within a certain area and category.

IMO

Surprising for an oldtimer like you lean into transhumanist thinking and rationale.

so AI knows humans better than humans know humans?

•••
Surprising for an oldtimer like you lean into transhumanist thinking and rationale.

so AI knows humans better than humans know humans?

Remember belittling of others is not allowed.

You or anyone else don't have a monopoly over knowledge.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Remember belittling of others is not allowed.

You or anyone else don't have a monopoly over knowledge.

IMO

Not belittling.....

Authentic emotion.

Can AI replicate authentic human emotion?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Well you implied that I shouldn't be able to have an opinion on the subject matter due to my age and I was offended by that.

No offense intended.

+ it exposes my bias that I presume older people aren't on board with the Technocratic merging with humanity mindset.

Maybe you're Kurzweil's cousin for all I know.

I was fascinated by his books:

The Singularity is Near
and
The Age of Spiritual Machines

However,

I am still grasping at how a machine can be spiritual.
Because machines don't have souls like humans do.

Last edited:
•••
Well remember that people in the health sector, the elderly, and probably politicians will get it first. I will probably only get it at a later stage if necessary and if the early getters are doing well. I also don't want to drag myself back to get a second dose so they would have to give me a one-time vaccine.

I voted for the $1000 payment because if we need to get it anyway might as well give me some cash too! :xf.grin:

•••
•••
I am still grasping at how a machine can be spiritual.

But keep in mind that eventually we will have second, third, and forth ..... generation AIs that are going to be created by AI itself which we as humans probably won't have any clue as to how they are going to work. Eventually AI will conquer and surpass the power of our collective consciousness which through the existing natural networks of biological brains (humans and animals combined) has been keeping the World stable for millions of years in the chaos of quantum particles which are there one second and disappear the next. Once AI learns how to control and manipulate quantum information and thought that in a way will help it to obtain a soul which will be the start of a whole new World, what place if any we as humans are going to have in that World totally depends on whether the first generation AIs that we are creating right now are going to be trained to be a force for good or not.

IMO

Disclaimer: this is just my predictions based on having a little too big of an imagination.

PS: As I already mentioned if you want to discuss AI further a new thread needs to be created.

Last edited:
•••
•••
No offense intended.
+ it exposes my bias that I presume older people aren't on board with the Technocratic merging with humanity mindset.
Maybe you're Kurzweil's cousin for all I know.I was fascinated by his books:
The Singularity is Near and The Age of Spiritual Machines
However, I am still grasping at how a machine can be spiritual.

Computers are now being taught to be curious. Curiosity can be infectious. Many humans have bought in to machine, through addiction to things like computer games, cellphones etc., just wait until 5G - VR will take on a whole new life of its own. I've also known a number of people who seem apparently devoid of spirit (or worse).

Last edited:
•••
Computers are now being taught to be curious. Curiosity can be infectious. Many humans have bought in to machine, through addiction to things like computer games, cellphones etc., just wait until 5G - VR will take on a whole new life of its own. I've also known a number of people who seem apparently devoid of spirit (or worse).

So are you going to get the Covid Vaccine.

I invite everyone who has already voted to chime in and explain the reasoning behind their decision. And for everyone who has made a comment to also vote, this might end up being of some scientific value if a large enough number of members here vote.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
So are you going to get the Covid Vaccine.

Though hesitant, I may in future. There isn't enough data currently to support my confidence in the new vaccines available and I'm in no rush to be vaccinated. It'll probably be four to six months before any vaccine arrives (in northern Canada) and by then the nature of vaccine efficacy will be more clear. What concerns me most are side effects and whether the full spectrum of strains will be covered. If vaccination is required to travel, I may have little choice in the matter. Fortunately where I live proper precautions have been taken and there have yet to be any positive cases reported (knock on wood), but the circumstances may change at any given time.

•••
Here is a study done by Lancet about the people who already got the vacvines in trials:

Safety and efficacy of the ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccine (AZD1222) against SARS-CoV-2: an interim analysis of four randomised controlled trials in Brazil, South Africa, and the UK

upload_2020-12-8_23-55-0.png

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)32661-1/fulltext

•••
•••

How so,

I as an older person with some preexisting conditions wish that I was in her place. Every time that I have to go out for running an errand I am worried that I am going to catch the virus and end up in the Hospital. Getting the vaccine will surely put my mind at ease.

IMO

Last edited:
•••
How so,

I as an older person with some preexisting conditions wish that I was in her place. Every time that I have to go out for running an errand I am worried that I am going to catch the virus.

IMO
I wish I could empower you to live free from the psychological manifestations of the COVID dis-ease. It's really benign relative to most things. If/ when you catch it, do you have preexisting health issues that make you far more at risk? Even then, you will surely have a 80%+ chance of survival which is outstanding right?

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back