IT.COM

poll Would you prefer a generic one-world .WS or .XYZ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Would you prefer a generic one-world .WS or .XYZ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • I would take the .WS

votes
    33.3%
  • I would take the .XYZ

votes
    66.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

Would you prefer to own a great generic one-world .WS or .XYZ?

Example: Car / Cars

Ps. Yes, we all would prefer a .COM. But not an option in the poll. ;)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I abstain :)

Though if a really good one word as provided in the example, I could at least hope for Samoan traffic with .WS; not much, but could be worthwhile.

•••
That's a bit like the option to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the face, I wouldn't take either.

•••
.xyz as it seems its trajectory is on the slight incline...whereas .ws is just dead.

•••
That's a bit like the option to be kicked in the nuts or punched in the face, I wouldn't take either.

If that were the poll I believe that being punched in the face would be .xyz and kicked in the balls would be .ws

•••
I have never registered a .ws or .xyz and probably never will but in this case I would go with .xyz.

•••
Since at the time of this post ntldstats shows .xyz @ 1,038,229 domains and climbing I'd say .xyz. :xf.wink:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Develop on any TLD you want though you should realize that search traffic will adversely be affected because when several results show up and people searching for info on a topic see a CRAP TLD they will often assume the site is CRAP and not even bother to visit. Resale of these TLDs is going to be $XX at best. Why waste your money?

•••
I honestly don't care much for either of them, but I'm sure I would go with .ws in most cases.

•••
Man... Both of those extensions are so bad I probably wouldn't even register the name. If I had to pick I guess I would go XYZ just cause I think they're still $1.99, so at least you'd be into it for the smallest amount possible. Neither is likely going to sell to an end user.

•••
Hello,

I sold a few (4 or 5) .XYZ about six months ago for $300-900 a piece, but no requests since then.

I have solid keywords such as: chess, rock, tip, texasholdem, podcast, bbq, payment, partner, traveling etc, but I will probably lower all these on SEDO etc to low $XXX.

•••
Both extensions .sucks IMO for anything really :) You did well to make money on the .xyz. If the chinese don't go crazy I see no use for the .xyz.

But if I had to choose: cars.xyz because I know who would buy it.

•••
Hello,

Somehow off topic:

I have no idea if anyone is interested, but these just got available:

- Never.xyz (maybe even for guys that don't like the extension)
- Chats.xyz

1 dollar per domain at Namecheap :)

•••
Neither but if I had to choose then .ws for its longevity.

15 years ago, I registered shorterdomains.ws (ironically not a very short name) plus also shorterdomains.com for good measure with a plan to become a re-seller for .ws which I thought had possibilities especially as even then most of the best .coms were gone and the only alternatives were ,net and .org.

Unfortunately, I didn't get around to doing anything with them and let them expire but it's nice to see the extension is still around.

.xyz is one of many "nothing" extension for me. If it wasn't cheap it would get no interest and although they probably shot themselves in the foot with the $1 offer, at least the number of domains registered increased and as it is hardly a type in extension, people will need to work on them to get any visitors and that means there will likely be domains dropping this time next year with traffic at least.

•••
.xyz all day!

.ws is a cctld ;)

•••
.xyz all day!

.ws is a cctld ;)

Sure, for Samoa. It was only promoted as "Website" by the registry and registrars. As you know.

•••
Sure, for Samoa. It was only promoted as "Website" by the registry and registrars. As you know.

Yes but they have failed so far. I've owned ultra premium .ws and couldn't sell one for more than $30.

I'd go with .XYZ as it's a part of the next tld generation!

•••
glad.xyz
both.xyz
lark.xyz
defend.xyz
bison.xyz
.xyz domain name is very popular in China

•••

Yep indeed. If I had to choose probably xyz because ws is a dead spammer extension, whereas xyz is still alive.

XYZ will be the new spam extension, no way around it. Just like .info and .ws before it.

I would prefer a .cc over .ws or .xyz any day.

•••
Yep indeed. If I had to choose probably xyz because ws is a dead spammer extension, whereas xyz is still alive.

XYZ will be the new spam extension, no way around it. Just like .info and .ws before it.

I would prefer a .cc over .ws or .xyz any day.

I can't remember the last time I've typed a .cc domain name. Maybe 10 years ago but Haven't heard about it since.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back