Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Re-designed one of my mini web sites, new template and some updated content. Got a couple of link requests and realized the site needed a fix. Check it out if you want, its here Indian Shores

Cheers and :santa:

•••
•••
IT DOES LOOK VERY NICE and professional, I was going to open a similar one as well (for another product.. ;))

•••
Pichichi said:
I am testing how it works the aStore from Amazon in StoreBlackBerry.com
Have they changed that ugly astore look or you doing something to make it look good?

•••
harkster said:
Have they changed that ugly astore look or you doing something to make it look good?

I agree - thats a nice looking site. I will be checking aStore out myself. :sold:

•••
no, they havent changed it... it is so ugly as usual, but there are some nice themes uploaded by users and i used one of those to show a nice-looking website, modifying a little the css and using also my own header and the aStore with <iframe> tag.

I do not remember now the theme used, but if any is interested i will try to find it again

•••
•••
Pichichi said:
no, they havent changed it... it is so ugly as usual, but there are some nice themes uploaded by users and i used one of those to show a nice-looking website, modifying a little the css and using also my own header and the aStore with <iframe> tag.

I do not remember now the theme used, but if any is interested i will try to find it again
Thanks. Didn't know about the changes. Haven't tried anything with them for a long time. That is notebook theme.

Granted, it is still an Amazon astore but... www.BookBoy.com

Last edited:
•••
BioDiesel5 is Great site concept , but like most minisites posted here it has the same problem.
TOO many ads for the amount of content. Speaking of content , Why exactly is there a menu of article links when there appears only to be 1 article of a 100 words? That is a MFA site

Read this extract
webpronews said:
Users accept that advertising will appear on a Web page, but more than half (52.6%) have a low tolerance for more than two ads per web page. Nearly a third (29.9%) immediately leave a site if they think it is cluttered. Women are more likely than men to leave a site that appears cluttered - 32.1 percent versus 27.5 percent.
read the rest of this very enlightening article.
Ad Clutter Bad For Users, Advertisers

Last edited:
•••
Barefoot,
The ad clutter relates directly to what netmeg said back a ways about Adsense.

•••
thanks for the nice advice,
I would add new articles eventually, but as I say in the text is a portal meaning that you would find the info you look for in the ads :)
Infact I have optimezed the keywords and for each appears ads accordingly..

My last baby: scopri.tv . In italian scopri means "discover". Is an ongoing project, and I will keep developing it. (please let me have your feedback on the layout and general impression of the site.

As for biodiesel5 I can't update several minisites at one time also because I am developing a lot at the moment (is worth it): for the small "a side" domains, I create logo and banner, best possible keywords and 1 or 2 articles(and is already a lot of work).
I write the articles as well (not mothertongue and sometimes write in a rush...and you will notice it ;)). However I will come back to them to add more articles (I buy some content as well sometimes...).

Barefoottech said:
BioDiesel5 is Great site concept , but like most minisites posted here it has the same problem.
TOO many ads for the amount of content. Speaking of content , Why exactly is there a menu of article links when there appears only to be 1 article of a 100 words? That is a MFA site

Read this extract

read the rest of this very enlightening article.
Ad Clutter Bad For Users, Advertisers

Last edited:
•••
harkster said:
Barefoot,
The ad clutter relates directly to what netmeg said back a ways about Adsense.
Exactly .

•••
While working in my potential mini website development business i made this one:

www.loanssupplier.com

Fresh and clean as i like...

Not to many ads because i want to grab the readers!
I want then to read the articles... and click the ads after :D

Adsense it's to fresh yet!
Sometimes don't appear because i just finished it!

EDIT: Link Fixed... Thanks hennie

Last edited:
•••
my couple of mini-sites

cozyindia dot com
bungee dot in

and growing..

•••
I had posted this is the .me thread but thought it may fit better here. Here are my latest mini-sites:

http://missouri.me

and

http://stlouis.me

Missouri.me is looking real good, more content coming for both later this week. These will end up being more than minisites.

•••
•••
Using WordPress for NursingAssistant.cc The Importance Of The Nurse Assistant

http://nurseassistant.cc

Cheers
Corey

•••
Just a question: are your .in, .cc, .biz domains getting indexed in search engines?

New one: Closing Costs

Last edited:
•••
l2ride55 said:
Yeah, I haven't figured the "why" out here (yet), but for months now on Yahoo, I have a skinny, thin mini-site (Whypark) .cc on page 2 of results for my "keyword" and all my other super-developed sites are pages behind it. I even have a bunch of "near" duplicate .us, .org and a .name (are you kidding me?) ahead of my developed dot com's. And it's not some short-term search engine "pop" because they've been like this for a long time now. I am perplexed (and still researching) that my "near" duplicates with funky extentions are stomping my developed dot com's.

L2

My thoughts on this are that your minisite is probably straight to the point with exactly the information the search engine thinks your visitors are looking for. It seems content that clearly defines what its about and doesn't have anything extra to confuse the engines does well.

If you write an article about three kinds of fish you can catch in the rockies and you throw in a paragraph about how you like the taste of rainbow trout better than brown trout, the search engines lose the clear picture of what your page is really about. Is it about the three kinds of fish? Is it about what fish tastes best? Is it a fishing site or a cooking site? You might get more traffic from google because you will get long tail traffic from multiple combinations, but you'll probably get less from yahoo as their engine seems to be more one track minded.

•••
Noticed same as well: some tiny minisite with little infos on aparticular subject get indexed quicker, and got traffic first and better serp... weird!

•••
mindless said:
I had posted this is the .me thread but thought it may fit better here. Here are my latest mini-sites:

and

Missouri.me is looking real good, more content coming for both later this week. These will end up being more than minisites.
Missouri.me very nice. Figured you were from those parts.

Been playing with things today. It is possible to make astore sites look better but isn't real easy and is still... but can look better than the average. www.JavaJunction.net

•••
•••
•••
mindless said:

and

These look really nice - can I ask what theme you're using, or is it a custom theme? I have a client who can probably use something like that.

•••
I used the Revolution Wordpress theme, bought the unlimited license sometime back, unforunately they no longer sell it, they have new open source themes now which are nice but I still like the original.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back