Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Crap, i had made some DNS changes last night on some of my names and nashvilletennessee.me got changed in the bulk mod, its back to the proper page for those that took a look and saw the wrong page.

•••
I have the three in red in my sig you can check out. Plus last night I started working with WordPress in depth for the first time ever to create this new minisite:

AuctionSecrets.org

I put that site together - from researching the relevant keywords ( apparently "auction secrets" is searched for 1,900 a month on Google), to finding all the available keyword domain names and registering one, to setting up the site on HostGator, to installing WP, to selecting a WP theme among hundreds of free templates, to pasting and tweaking the previously written content - all between 2 and 4 am last night!

The auction site is not much yet I realize, and it needs to be monetized. But I will add a lot more content and Ebay Affiliate links as soon as I learn about making WP seem less bloglike and more like a CMS. That will be tonight's task.

Fact is creating that site in two hours was rather enjoyable and easy and I could probably do it all over again in half an hour from start to finish now that I know how painless WP (and Fantastico) make the whole process.

I am now planning on making lots of minisites in the new year. :tu:

Last edited:
•••
not bad as a start... 8keep on studying ;)) but where are the ads? :blink:

•••
thetruman said:
not bad as a start... 8keep on studying ;)) but where are the ads? :blink:

Thanks. And right, I updated my post above to mention the lack of ads. :)

Mindless, how did you get your WP sites to look non-bloglike? Is there a good tutorial somewhere?

Last edited:
•••
I will send you via Pm some info you can browse...

•••
www.move.us

needs anew logo and articles posted, and a few othe rimages added but other than it's ready to go.

•••
a good looking arrow on the move and the logo is ready ;)

•••
The AdSense blends in nicely.

Valdeam
f337d999d9ad116a7b4f3d409fcc6480.gif

•••
DotUSDomains said:
www.move.us

needs anew logo and articles posted, and a few othe rimages added but other than it's ready to go.

I like that domain name, one of the best .us DNs I have seen.

You have mis-spelt the word "whether".

Best wishes

•••
thetruman said:
a good looking arrow on the move and the logo is ready ;)

Thanks,

Logo is not ready (unless you are the designer ? :) )

•••
•••
Barefoottech said:
Move.us is EXCELLENT site (way better than most posted here)
2 things need addressing (besides Logo)
1/ Spelling & grammar errors. (minor)
2/ Google compliant privacy policy (major)
Check out this thread for more info and link to a privacy policy creator written by NP'er Alex_d
http://www.namepros.com/google-adsense/439338-changes-adsense-tos-privacy-policy-generator.html

Thanks for the comments,

And for the privacy policy, never even noticed that.

Thanks very much,
Stevie.

•••
•••
DADomains said:
I have the three in red in my sig you can check out. Plus last night I started working with WordPress in depth for the first time ever to create this new minisite:

AuctionSecrets.org

I put that site together - from researching the relevant keywords ( apparently "auction secrets" is searched for 1,900 a month on Google), to finding all the available keyword domain names and registering one, to setting up the site on HostGator, to installing WP, to selecting a WP theme among hundreds of free templates, to pasting and tweaking the previously written content - all between 2 and 4 am last night!

The auction site is not much yet I realize, and it needs to be monetized. But I will add a lot more content and Ebay Affiliate links as soon as I learn about making WP seem less bloglike and more like a CMS. That will be tonight's task.

Fact is creating that site in two hours was rather enjoyable and easy and I could probably do it all over again in half an hour from start to finish now that I know how painless WP (and Fantastico) make the whole process.

I am now planning on making lots of minisites in the new year. :tu:
Your eBay history brought back some fond memories about what a fun community it was in the early days. Buying and selling could be both fun and profitable. Sniping was a real art until the automated things ruined everything. Multiple windows open with bids preloaded. I once did a successful snipe with 1 second left (I also missed items but that was the game). Now eBay is a dump. I do the affiliate thing but been ages since buying or selling anything.

•••
Redesigned:

www.dietjet.com

With eBay and Amazon store :)

Adsense still to fresh :D

•••

I'm currently developing please.info. Right now it's redirecting to a blogspot address.

All the content (so far) is original.

•••
harkster said:
Your eBay history brought back some fond memories about what a fun community it was in the early days. Buying and selling could be both fun and profitable. Sniping was a real art until the automated things ruined everything. Multiple windows open with bids preloaded. I once did a successful snipe with 1 second left (I also missed items but that was the game). Now eBay is a dump. I do the affiliate thing but been ages since buying or selling anything.

I'm glad you enjoyed the writeup. I have many more installments coming. And I hear you about the state of things there. But hey their affiliate deposits arrive right on time in Paypal every month. :tu:

I have redesigned the site with a different and simpler theme... and I have now monetized it. Very easy to do with WP. B-)

Last edited:
•••
•••
blogcrash said:
Redesigned:

www.dietjet.com

With eBay and Amazon store :)

Adsense still to fresh :D

It certainly is a well designed site. I would love to have a the template for it, but the Oh Yeh link at the bottom just takes me to a For Sale page.

Any chance I can get a copy of the template? I promise to change it enough to make it unrecognizable from yours. ;)

Last edited:
•••
my friend blogcrush creates individual themes (is not a template...) but he should offer his services soon.. ;)

•••
DADomains said:
It certainly is a well designed site. I would love to have a the template for it, but the Oh Yeh link at the bottom just takes me to a For Sale page.

Any chance I can get a copy of the template? I promise to change it enough to make it unrecognizable from yours. ;)

This is a paid template from here: www.elegantthemes.com

i just made enought changes to insert the ads where i wanted ;)

Hope it helps my friend.

thetruman said:
my friend blogcrush creates individual themes (is not a template...) but he should offer his services soon.. ;)

thanks for the reference my friend... in this case it's a paid one but changed... :)

i'm still working on the service.

unfortunately i'm having some health problems and i can't be on the computer to much time daily.

that's why i used a paid theme in this case.

i hope to be better soon :(

•••
Thee Minisites to Look At

Here are three of mine for which I would really appreciate your feedback:

BuyAllShoes.com
NewsAboutFashion.com
ShopForWiiOnline.com

Not sure that these are considered minisites, because they have hundreds of pages, but they are generated fom a script.

The pages on these sites are dynamically generated in real time by my own PHP code. I intentionally designed the page templates after Parked.com's parked pages because, during the grand old days of arbitrage, I was getting CTRs of 50-100%+ (yes, some visitors were clicking multiple times) with these same domains. So, it seemed like an appropriate model for good returns.

I will appreciate any an all comments and suggestions.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back