Domain Empire

Would you offer to sell to them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
Ok I have a few UFL (United Football League) domain names [goUFL.com, .uflnation.com, and shopUFL.com]

And the UFL's official site is ufl2008.com and ufl-football.com (wow with a dash!).
I was considering approaching them with the offer to sell them to them. I am not desperate but really see them needing a better domain than what they own.

What advice do you have with this? Is this a really bad idea?

PS there is no TM with UFL yet, and I had the domains pretty early. Also, there are so many UFL names out their that I can use the domains for any of them if the UFL doesnt work out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the name has a trademark part to it, it's generally a bad idea. But in your case if it's not a TM, I see that you also have a site developed. This puts you on better footing to try and claim a right to the domain, but you need to talk to an expert.

I would say contact them if you are willing to sell the domains for a low or resonable cost. I'm not sure just what that would be, but not something in the $x,xxx range.

If it were me I would get some paid ads on your site(s) and make some money that way. Then put up a for sale sign, and let them come to you if they are interested. you will be in a better position to bargain for a price if they come to you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back