NameSilo

sales Worst Offer Ever

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
"This is a very reasonable offer for a site that is just parked.."

I like the ellipse, like they're just trolling...

Attachments

• c1.JPG
    c1.JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$100 is your worst offer ever? Wow. I've had hundreds of offers lower that that. My worst offer is people wanting me to give the domain to them for nothing. And I've had several of those!

I had one of those recently too. LOL

•••
I recently had someone contact me about a domain. They sounded very eager to own it, so of course I was a little excited and asked them to make a serious offer.

The response was " um, domains are like, $5 or so, right? What's the big deal?"

Clearly we were not on the same page...

•••
If I walked into their dealership and offered $100 for a car b/c it's just sitting there.. parked.

That's too funny. :-D

You should have said that to the buyer. :laugh:

•••
•••
$100 is your worst offer ever? Wow. I've had hundreds of offers lower that that. My worst offer is people wanting me to give the domain to them for nothing. And I've had several of those!

I've had non profits ask me to donate my domain to them.

•••
•••
IKR. Sadly, most of us domainers are non profits too. :-,

It did work one time. Back in 2014 I won a name on GD auctions that was accidentally not renewed by a legitimate charity. Soon after winning the name the charity contacted me and explained what happened. They offered me $250 for the name. I researched the domain and charity and they were telling the truth. The founders lost a baby at birth and the charity was dedicated to helping premature babies. I pushed the name back to them and told them to consider it my donation.

•••
I recently had someone contact me about a domain. They sounded very eager to own it, so of course I was a little excited and asked them to make a serious offer.

The response was " um, domains are like, $5 or so, right? What's the big deal?"

Clearly we were not on the same page...

Ehehehhe something similar happened to me.

Someone contacted me for a brandable 5L.com asking me to let it expire so he could register it because he had in his mind to start a company with that exact name.

I politely replied this domain is for sale at high $xxx and i would be glad to close the deal and allow him to start his company with the right domain name.
Then he sent me an intimidating email where he was talking about Copyright, law, legals and whatelse.
I pointed out the domain has been registered by me in 2008 and has always been owned by me, so there's no way he could fill a copyright infringement for this. Of course i wasn't sure about that, but looked like that to him, because we negotiated and he bought the domain at $50 less than i was asking for.

•••
They take $60+taxes minimum.

So if you go the whole "shabang" like start an auction and then pay for a featured. and if the domain only sells for $100 ? and no one bids? damn! you could end up paying more than $100 and end up literally giving away your domain to someone for technically free? and perhaps even having to pay 10-$100 for the "shabang" since the domain sold for so low?

can anyone confirm this? or admit this has happened to them before? or does this hardly ever happen?

I guess you "Really" have to be confident in the "awesomeness" of your domain huh?

I'm sedo and always forgot how much their Start an Auction and Featured Listing price is. But I'm sure if you add $60 to both of those I has to be over $100.

•••
So if you go the whole "shabang" like start an auction and then pay for a featured. and if the domain only sells for $100 ? ... can anyone confirm this?

Minimum fee is $60, does not include VAT. Selling a domain for less then $200 is futile

SEDO fees:

Buy now domains parked @ SEDO - 10% commission.

Buy now / offer / auction 15%

SEDO MLS partner 20%
--

•••
send to auction

let the market decide

•••
•••
send to auction

let the market decide

Mike!!! what's up Bro! Long time! how you doing? you that "Let the market decide" thing? on SEDO? did you know can't even "activate" a Make Offer and turn it into a Free Push to SEDO Auction Marketplace anymore?

Attachments

• sedo free auction activation bs.jpg
    sedo free auction activation bs.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 150
•••
Mike!!! what's up Bro! Long time! how you doing? you that "Let the market decide" thing? on SEDO? did you know can't even "activate" a Make Offer and turn it into a Free Push to SEDO Auction Marketplace anymore?

Well, it looks like you can do that, to me.
They say exactly whenever you receive an offer you can decide to sell directly or start an auction with the offer as opening bid.

It has been always worked like that. Or am i missing something?

•••
•••
Suckers bet.

lol I agree. but domaining is a "suckers" bet in general isn't it? lol

but seriously. I think it's great if you are ultra confident in your domain.

•••
Should probably set minimum offers if ya don't wanna be bothered with lowball offers considering their commission fees. Across my own site and all the third party sites I use I don't see any offers below my minimum bid which varies depending on the name but my lowest one is $500.

•••
lol I agree. but domaining is a "suckers" bet in general isn't it? lol

but seriously. I think it's great if you are ultra confident in your domain.

1) SEDO isn't a market maker.
2) A domain with parking revenue isn't a liability so I can wait for my price.

Last edited:
•••
Should probably set minimum offers if ya don't wanna be bothered with lowball offers

I make lowball offers myself, when I'm not over-paying.

I was laughing at the reasoning behind the lowball.. b/c the domain was parked.

•••
The have a minimum xx commission. I've read about people here getting like 10-20 out of a 1xx sale.

i had put an autcion (59$) for a LLLL.com without reserve price, as they say they bring eyeballs to your auction, the auction never picked up when the market was the highest(Nov2015)
so after their fees they sent me like 70bucks

so 70 buck - 59$ - 90$(what i paid for the domain),
you feel like you work for Sedo

what i didn't know,
is that i could have sold it here on an auction and got easily 400$ for this domain

•••
i had put an autcion (59$) for a LLLL.com without reserve price, as they say they bring eyeballs to your auction, the auction never picked up when the market was the highest(Nov2015)
so after their fees they sent me like 70bucks

so 70 buck - 59$ - 90$(what i paid for the domain),
you feel like you work for Sedo

what i didn't know,
is that i could have sold it here on an auction and got easily 400$ for this domain

Scary stuff especially if you don't own LLLL.COM with obvious value.

•••

To be fair, it's only parked :)

•••

Look like you never got $20 offers on GD, where minimum commission is $15.
Or $1 at Flippa.

•••
I had one recently...

bodis-club.jpg

To reply or not to reply :-/

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back