Domain Empire

The WORST ICANN Registrar?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

111media

Domain WranglerEstablished Member
Impact
I am just curious who everyone sees at the worst ICANN approved registrar? I think we all like GoDaddy, eNom and NameCheap. Now who is the WORST...no resellers please. Only top, ICANN registrars.

My vote? AAAQ.com is the worst I have ever dealt with. These clowns can't even keep a stable email for themselves. How are they going to manage our domains? Oh, wait, they don't.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Velstras said:
I am just curious who everyone sees at the worst ICANN approved registrar? I think we all like GoDaddy, eNom and NameCheap.

correction: namecheap is an enom reseller. both godaddy and enom are accredited

•••
I don't know if they are accredited or not, but I really have had a bad experience with NameSecure.com !!!

I only used them because they had the 25 free .info promotion. Couldn't change DNS on any of my domains for a few days. Had to wait for a reply from their support staff. Apparently DNS changes wouldn't be accepted unless the user first locked the domain then unlocked it - due to some bug in their system. While waiting for DNS changes to resolve, I couldn't utilize URL forwarding because of another bug. Talk about frustrating!

After this, I decided I might as well just sell the domains and push them to the purchaser. Oh wait! NameSecure doesn't allow you to push your domains easily to another account. You have to either transfer them out (which doesn't help me because of the 60-day rule) or move them to another namesecure.com account by having both the buyer/seller fax signed documentation of the account change with corresponding picture IDs. What a hassle.

•••
Riceman said:
Velstras said:
I am just curious who everyone sees at the worst ICANN approved registrar? I think we all like GoDaddy, eNom and NameCheap.

correction: namecheap is an enom reseller. both godaddy and enom are accredited

righto

•••
I had a bad experience with AAAQ.com once, when my landrush .info was due for renewal. No responses to emails, no phone contacts, and no wayto renew the domain. After many hours of wasted time (mine), I was finally able to track someone who help me - HOSTWAY.NET, who appears in their whois' nameserver definitions. I don't know if they were bought out, or just being managed by hostway, but anyway they were the ones who resolved my issue.

•••
myvaluehost!

the "control" panel is nothing but horrors..passwords dont work!D-: poor support!

•••
Velstras said:
I am just curious who everyone sees at the worst ICANN approved registrar? I think we all like GoDaddy, eNom and NameCheap. Now who is the WORST...no resellers please. Only top, ICANN registrars.

My vote? AAAQ.com is the worst I have ever dealt with. These clowns can't even keep a stable email for themselves. How are they going to manage our domains? Oh, wait, they don't.

Namecheap is an enom reseller, I don't think they are accredited.

•••
redhippo said:
myvaluehost!

the "control" panel is nothing but horrors..passwords dont work!D-: poor support!
Ditto. Advertised "Total Control" but borked passwords and no access to DNS. On my way to send another emaili to support. >:(

•••
Professer said:
Ditto. Advertised "Total Control" but borked passwords and no access to DNS. On my way to send another emaili to support. >:(

myvaluehost is an opensrs reseller, they are not accredited

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back