IT.COM

Won the auction, didn't get the name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've won a auction at GD auctions, the seller told me there is now way in hell she will give me the name so GD gave me my money back and "have taken action against the seller" whatever that means.

is it something that i can do?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Name and shame the seller.
Cut your losses (time) and move on.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
What's the domain name? Are you sure it wasn't an Expiring auction?

•••
•••
I think you went too far in this post. Publishing personal info about the person here including their pics, address, etc., etc., is uncalled for.

Sharing the domain name in question would've been sufficient enough, for fellow NP members to take note and be cautious of the party.

•••
Hhahahahaha

@comati - Dude... you did a full on proper name and shame...complete with phone number and picture...lol

What was the domain name btw? Why did she not want to let it go...was it because it didn't fetch the price she wanted or what?

Last edited:
•••
I think you went too far in this post. Publishing personal info about the person here including their pics, address, etc., etc., is uncalled for.

i don't agree with you, but if other members feel the same and it has a negative impact on the community please let me know and i'll remove the info.
if any moderators around please advise!

What was the domain name btw? Why did she not want to let it go...was it because it didn't fetch the price she wanted or what?
dogs dot org and ... yeah, basically

•••
It's happened a few times at GD. I won several auctions and didn't get the name, for various reasons. Some legit, other not legit. There is a legal binding contract between domain sellers and buyers, not sure if it applies to auctions.

•••
comati,

You didn't get the dogs name?

Peace,
Cy

On a serious note, there a lot of legal hoops you can try to jump through, most that will cost you a boatload of money and none of which I have ever heard will be successful.

Last edited:
•••
•••
There is a legal binding contract between domain sellers and buyers, not sure if it applies to auctions.

in my mind she already sold me the name and i've already paid for it ... you shouldn't be able to get back.

•••
in my mind she already sold me the name and i've already paid for it ... you shouldn't be able to get back.
I agree, if the domain is worth pursuing in court and you have a legal legitimate case then do it. Otherwise court and lawyer fees can get quite expensive, and you're not sure to get your domain. It's a sad and annoying situation with domain buying.

•••
Check out my edit above.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Daaaam, thats was a decent domain... NOT cool to have won the auction but not getting the domain... What price did u end up winning the auction?

•••
let's say i borrowed the money, 10 days later GD gives me my money back, i'm supose to go back to the bank and say "hey guys, don't need the money anymore"

•••
let's say i borrowed the money, 10 days later GD gives me my money back, i'm supose to go back to the bank and say "hey guys, don't need the money anymore"

Maybe you should direct her to this thread so she can see the consequences of her actions... also let her know how much Love Google gives Namepro's and that this thread will be indexed and ranked very quickly... so she can decide if it's worth screwing you over on the domain purchase...

•••
•••
You can ask the mods to move this to Legal.
You may get more informed responses there.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
Maybe you should direct her to this thread so she can see the consequences of her actions... also let her know how much Love Google gives Namepro's and that this thread will be indexed and ranked very quickly... so she can decide if it's worth screwing you over on the domain purchase...

and subscribe her to the filthiest filth on the internet, maybe something involving dogs :)

•••
If you were going to do that, you shouldn't have said that.

Peace,
Cyberian

•••
no, just spend it on your plan b

•••
let me guess the domain was breeder.com?

This lady is well to do, she was in oil & gas before it went boom, so she probably has some serious funds to play with, legally she is in Canada also.

If the domain is breeder.com and you won it for $4K that would be amazing.

Last edited:
•••
If you were going to do that, you shouldn't have said that.

Peace,
Cyberian

lol, i'm only joking, i'm not that kind of person :)

•••
Lol... @comati

Good idea.... but u prob should edit ur comment...it's a partial confession lol...should things go the legal route you have pretty much implicated yourself for a case of cyber bullying....

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back