Dynadot

Wix.com vs Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I use my own beautiful landers for $9 per month at wix.com, which has thousands of beautiful designs to choose from.

I did not sell a single domain on dan.com but had a lot of headache with fake buy it now transactions.

Dan - no
Wix - yes

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're now posting this same message so many times across all threads that it's getting a bit conspicuous.

As for the content of your message, I see no reason to implement this on a large scale, it would be way too expensive and labor intensive.

Last edited:
•••
I use my own beautiful landers for $9 per month at wix.com, which has thousands of beautiful designs to choose from.

I did not sell a single domain on dan.com but had a lot of headache with fake buy it now transactions.

Dan - no
Wix - yes
Stop spamming or I’ll spam all your threads. You understand after a certain amount of your posts getting flagged, your account gets restricted or banned?

Last edited:
•••
Stop spamming or I’ll spam all your threads. You understand after a certain amount of your posts getting flagged, your account gets restricted or banned?
This is relevant useful information, do not exadurate.

•••
Spam is what Dan and Afternic threads became on this forum. 500,000 views, no ad expense.
People used to criticize Epik for this, but GoMaddy is ok right?

•••
You're now posting this same message so many times across all threads that it's getting a bit conspicuous.

As for the content of your message, I see no reason to implement this on a large scale, it would be way too expensive and labor intensive.
The expense is still $9 per month, labor not certain.
But what is certain is no sleepless nights over fake buy it now inquiries that do not go through.
And no 25% commission.
Hallelujah!

Last edited:
•••
I will tell you more, I predict Wix.com starts paid ad compain on NamePros soon and domainers transition towards it. Who wants to pay $25,000 on a $100,000 sale?

•••
The other thing I can guarantee you is that my type in visitors will not see someone elses domains for sale.

•••
I was recently contacted by an investment fund inquiring about investing in development in one of my domain names. This would not have happened, have my domains been pointed to a generic for sale landing page.

•••
I was recently contacted by an investment fund inquiring about investing in development in one of my domain names. This would not have happened, have my domains been pointed to a generic for sale landing page.
Well, you might have actually sold the domain if you had a sales landing page vs. just an inquiry.

•••
Can you post a link ( or DM ) with your landing page. Is $9/month unlimited domains/designs/hosting?
Thanks.

•••
Can you post a link ( or DM ) with your landing page. Is $9/month unlimited domains/designs/hosting?
Thanks.
This is one landing page for all domains.

•••
Well, you might have actually sold the domain if you had a sales landing page vs. just an inquiry.
This investment fund is not interested in purchasing the domain, they want to develop it into potential global household brand.

•••

It is very hard to make a profit reselling domains. Why would you pay 15%-25% for the use of a landing page and for registrar exposure, while suffer sleepless nights over fake buy it now inquiries?

•••

Last edited:
•••
•••

Tell me your commission rate, which will make you say you say you are being robbed?
Its now at 15%-25%. Would it be 30%? 40%? 50%? 60%?
Real estate brokerage is at 5% and is transitioning to a flat fee.

•••
JB Lions, do you have anything to say?

•••
Last edited:
•••
I would say that 15%-25% commission platforms are for uneducated consumers.

•••
I would say that 15%-25% commission platforms are for uneducated consumers.
What are your thoughts on eyeballs? Do you understand that more eyeballs usually = more sales? And that 75%-85% of something is better than 0% of nothing?

Last edited:
•••
Why pay Wix when for the same amount/month you can have full control, better statistics, more sales, better looking landers and so forth... = more profit.

On a sidenote:
I use my own beautiful landers

Beauty is at the eyes of the beholder. It's not about landers being beautiful, it's about conversion. Wix doesn't instill trust, instead makes you look cheap, sub-par, desperate.

Same cost, better options freely available.

•••
What are your thoughts on eyeballs? Do you understand that more eyeballs usually = more sales? And that 75%-85% of something is better than 0% of nothing?

Your eyeballs (traffic) goes to your landing page. With Dan, your traffic may click on Dan logo and see over 4 000 000 domains for sale from other sellers, so you loose eyeballs. With your own lender, all your traffic sees only your domains.

•••
Plus, if someone inquires about one of your domains via Wix.com, you know who is inquiring.
You can get back to this entity at any time via follow up. With Dan, you do not know who is inquiring.
Plus with Dan, you can loose sleep over fake Buy It Now inquiries. With Wix, you can not.

•••
Why pay Wix when for the same amount/month you can have full control, better statistics, more sales, better looking landers and so forth... = more profit.

On a sidenote:

Beauty is at the eyes of the beholder. It's not about landers being beautiful, it's about conversion. Wix doesn't instill trust, instead makes you look cheap, sub-par, desperate.

Same cost, better options freely available.

Wix, if you design your page properly looks better that Dan.
From my experience, Dan only converts fake Buy It Now inquiries that I loose sleep over.

•••
Back