Dynadot

Efty.com vs Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I have tried efty in the past and it seems pretty good especially if you want to do your own payment processing.

I am selling more bigger ticket domains and doing that is no longer an option. Recently Efty partnered with Dan for payments. Dan handles payments incredibly well for a simple 9% fee which is one of the industries cheapest. I did a test transaction and no escrow was required, Dan handled everything.

I have to say I am more than impressed with the landers and the payment system.

So that said... if you use dan for payment then is there really a need for Efty?

The Dan platform is free and Efty is paid, seems to me the partnership has no win for Efty other than the fact that is is going to drain their user base.

Am I missing something there?

Is there any Advantage to efty I am missing here?
The only one I can think of is if you want to circumvent the 9% fee but we all know that no transaction is free, there is always a cost to safely move money.

PS. I have been doing this a long time and have always used my own landers, this is the first time ever I have transferred a trial 500 domains to a service to try. Dan immediately stood out for ease of use and incredible landers.

I loved the idea of Efty but did not go past the trial period for a few reasons, dan.com seemed to have filled all those reasons for me.

I worry that the Efty/Dan partnership is going to hurt the Efty numbers quite dramatically especially because you can add your own negotiation to dan for a reduced 5% commission. Even the most basic credit card transaction costs around 3% so to have everything handled for 5% is a game changer for private negotiations.

So for me, this is the first time ever I am actually going to keep an outside service over my own landers. It is a historic move for me given I have been doing this over a decade.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Simply go to your store at Dans
Hmm, I don't think I have a "store." I'll check the settings and toggle things on/off to see what happens. Thanks!

•••
Every dan member has a store

dan.com/domain-seller/mapledots

Simply sub your user name where mine is

Last edited:
•••
Every dan member has a store

dan.com/domain-seller/mapledots

Simply sub your user name where mine is
I don't seem to have one. I changed "Promote your Domain Store" to "Show domains" but that didn't do it. Not sure what might be missing, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for your help, by the way.

•••
I don't seem to have one. I changed "Promote your Domain Store" to "Show domains" but that didn't do it. Not sure what might be missing, but I'll keep trying. Thanks for your help, by the way.

Follow this link:
https://dan.com/users/settings/for_sale

Make sure this setting is turned on

Picture0002.png

After that type any of your domains into the URL bar and then click on your avatar to see your store

•••
Last edited:
•••
By the way, it's bugging me that Dan doesn't have a way for the buyer to communicate with us other than if they make an offer. Have you come across any solutions out there that allow this? As long as it's done within the system it should be "safe" for all parties (including Dan), but Dan won't allow it.

•••
I use my website address MapleDots.ca as my username on dan plus I put my email under my user name.

Once on my site there are numerous contact methods.just have a look and copy.

•••
Ps fig through your settings, we all get a store in dan.usr their chat, they are very helpful.

•••
Never mind... :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
•••
Did you get it working?
I found the field I was looking for (it was the Company Name field)... but no, I don't seem to have a store, no matter what. I'll have to reach out to Laszlo or Bartu to see what's up.

•••
Did you get it working?
I finally figured it out. Under my "Public profile" on the Privacy page, I had "I don't want to have a public profile" turned on. Once I turned it off, the Store feature worked. Yay!

There's still an error though. When I go to "https://dan.com/domain-seller/MYNAME" it takes me to someone else's store. I'll have to contact Dan about that. But I can link to the long version of the URL (which includes the sorting info) so I guess that will work for now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back