IT.COM

Dan.com vs daaz.com

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

I use these two marketplaces. To me all of them are good.
I cannot make a split test between these two for the moment, will do when it will be possible to...
Here are a small comparison of these two services.

Sales Fees
dan: 9%
daaz: 8%

Escrow Fees
dan: 5%
daaz: 2% (min $2)

installments
dan: possible but for at least 50 per month
daaz: not possible

Minimum selling price
dan : depend of the currency you choose : $99 or 99€ or 99£
daaz : depend of the currency you choose : $20 or 20€ or 20£

API
dan : exists and good
daaz : not any for the moment

Support
dan : depends of days and hours, answer often within a few hours - good support
daaz : 247 nearly instant - good support

Feature requests
dan : too slow
daaz : let's see...

Landing page (need to be split tested)
dan : good
daaz : good

Payment form
Payment gateway (need to be split tested)
dan : it seems some people have problem for paying
daaz : dont know

Auction domains
dan: no
daaz: yes, you can push your domains to auction

Bulk add/modify/delete
dan: thru dashboard / csv / API
daaz: no

Do not hesitate to add your feelings...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For those domains which a seller thinks are valued/appraised less than $90 daaz is the right choice to sell them as their minimum selling price starts $20 onwards! I'll choose dan for high end domains that probably don't fit in godaddy/sedo marketplace

•••
We host around 150 premium .Co names on DAN. Pleased by super fast support, easy to access dashboard, great user experience. What impresses more is, it is hosted on blockchain. 👍

•••
For those domains which a seller thinks are valued/appraised less than $90 daaz is the right choice to sell them as their minimum selling price starts $20 onwards! I'll choose dan for high end domains that probably don't fit in godaddy/sedo marketplace
Why would you use daaz for domains at less than $90 only ?

•••
i like Dan; but beware of fake offers; Pl set BIN

I dont like Daaz focuses ext beyond .com (.in?

Both good; low fees; but nothing do with each;

DaaZ is better auction platform than others imo
Easy entry; Easy pay; easy process; rarity in domain auctions; and DAN doesnt auction (?)

this is a random question IMO.
Anything but Godaddy auctions; i guess ; ))
If you’re eager to try out @DaaZ; enter one of your domains to DaaZ liquid domain auction; - Seems like a great opportunity;

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Why would you use daaz for domains at less than $90 only ?

Some people mutual exclusive black or white:

they think DaaZ “no exposure” which i think BS

Such fallacy; and old way thinking; it not funny.

i dont support DN auction monopolies;
I will sell DaaZ names up to $500 even $1000; can trust them; i avoid complicated Godaddy; add-on fee, on top add-on fee, for GD auctions
the “exposure” excuse is bs; good names sell

Samer

Last edited:
•••
I added the auction feature in first post.

•••
I added the auction feature in first post.

“feature”?

it’s monopoly... very few auction platforms.

Thank you for not saying “Flippa” ; ))

Last edited:
•••
“feature”?

it’s monopoly... very few auction platforms.

Thank you for not saying “Flippa” ; ))
I dont use auctions for my domains, but there is also dropcatch, bido. GD would be the best for max. exposition and maybe the worse for everything else :)

•••
I dont use auctions for my domains, but there is also dropcatch, bido. GD would be the best for max. exposition and maybe the worse for everything else :)

what’s bido?

what about ROTD?

Thanks!
Samer

Last edited:
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Bulk add/modify/delete

•••
daaz customer support is awesome

•••
•••
Interesting thread. this thread has made me to recollect my experience of using these two platforms. I am just sharing my opinion.

They both have their own merits.

DAN.com proven and established player, widely known and a popular brand among domainers.

DaaZ.com is a promising player, considering the progress they have made in last 1-year time and clearly given an impression to me they are committed team.

Features Comparison:

a) DAN.com supports lease to own, EMI features whereas DaaZ.com doesn’t. DaaZ.com is working on these features, hope they will release in couple of months (At least this is what I understood from DaaZ’s support team)

b) DaaZ.com supports domain auctions and also, they run auction events on bi-weekly basis. DAN does not support auction feature. ( DAN has already mentioned, its not their focus )

c) DaaZ.com store allows any number of names to show in personalized store, DAN store is showing max 500 names. Big portfolio holders to display all their names in a store, DaaZ is a better choice on this front

d) DaaZ search feature is couple of additional filters than DAN, so buyers can refine and find the names of their choice. A minor difference.

g) Any number of bulk names can be added in first go, both platforms support both

e) DaaZ Portfolio Management has additional filters than DAN however it’s not support excel or API editing. On this front DAN wins.

f) Bulk updates in UI: DaaZ.com support 500 names prices or categories or other attribute changes in UI directly, DAN.com supporting 200 names price editions in UI

h) Daaz.com supports multiple landing pages themes. DAN.com landing page has few limited themes, however they are very effective themes too.

Fees Comparison:

Certainly DaaZ.com is cost-effective and allow you to take more money to home. DaaZ.com is the clear winner when comes to the fees part.

They charge 8% success fee (Perhaps the lowest in the industry). PayPal disbursements will not cost any additional money.

DAN.com charging 9% success fee, however they will charge 1% extra if a seller ask to send the money via Paypal. For those sellers looking to take funds via Paypal, DaaZ.com is 2% cheaper.

Both platforms support Direct Bank transfer. All costs are borne by them, per example they will not ask additional fees.

DaaZ.com minimum escrow fee is 2 USD and minimum sale commission is 1.6 USD . Certainly the lowest in the industry itself.

Payment Methods:

1)DaaZ.com is supporting the Amex credit cards acceptance, DAN will not accept the same.

2)DAN.com - the number of sales agreed vs completed is too low. Agreement reached at DAN, doesn’t necessarily guarantee the buyer will really pay. DaaZ.com the ratio is quite high

3)DAN also pay via Bitcoin, but DaaZ will not support that. Sellers who need crypto payments, DAN is better choice.

Payment Time: ( More or less same from both ):

· DAN.com pays within 24 hours

· DaaZ.com is paying with in 2 to 4 hours most of the times and also they give the choice for customers to pick the batch payments too ( hold the balance and take them on weekly basis or monthly basis).

Marketing Efforts:

DAN.com is spending huge amount of money / time to market their brand among domainers specially their banner or logo is there on every domaining blog or website.

DaaZ.com is doing very little on that front. Even many senior domainers in Namepros are unaware of their presence. Low visibility player.

Support: (DaaZ.com is a clear winner to me)

· DaaZ.com support is almost instant or near real time. Their live chat support is really great and supporting 7 days a week.

· DAN.com support is good too

· DAN.com is not supporting on weekends and also they have no USA hours support at moment however recently DAN announced they will bring the USA hours support soon.

· DAN.com live chat is not real time, they respond in an hour or two.

Conclusion:

DAN.com is around 6+ years old. A proven platform with nice features. Off course there is a room to improve on number of points I have mentioned above.

DaaZ.com is operational for a year. DaaZ.com is really getting better month on month , their customer support is the key differentiator and the way they are looking after buyers and sellers is certainly make them an important future player.

P.s: I have been a seller on both the platforms. I am no way supporting either of the platforms. It’s completely unbiased opinion, I wrote the above based on my own personal experience of selling domain names on both the platforms.

•••
Thanks very much for the nicely presented comparison.
Re minimum selling prices, that is one advantage of the registrar-based marketplaces that often have very low minimums.
Minimum selling price
Bob

•••
Thanks very much for the nicely presented comparison.
Re minimum selling prices, that is one advantage of the registrar-based marketplaces that often have very low minimums.
Bob
daaz is not a registrar

•••
daaz is not a registrar
I know that. I was saying for those wanting low minimum selling prices, the registrar marketplaces offer many options.

•••
Hello,

I use these two marketplaces. To me all of them are good.
I cannot make a split test between these two for the moment, will do when it will be possible to...
Here are a small comparison of these two services.

Sales Fees
dan: 9%
daaz: 8%

Escrow Fees
dan: 5%
daaz: 2% (min $2)

installments
dan: possible but for at least 50 per month
daaz: not possible

Minimum selling price
daaz : depend of the currency you choose : $20 or 20€ or 20£

API
dan : exists and good
daaz : not any for the moment

Support
dan : depends of days and hours, answer often within a few hours - good support
daaz : 247 nearly instant - good support

Feature requests
dan : too slow
daaz : let's see...

Landing page (need to be split tested)
dan : good
daaz : good

Payment form
Payment gateway (need to be split tested)
dan : it seems some people have problem for paying
daaz : dont know

Auction domains
dan: no
daaz: yes, you can push your domains to auction

Bulk add/modify/delete

Do not hesitate to add your feelings...
Do daaz.com have any nameservers?

•••
Do daaz.com have any nameservers?
Sure.
NS1.DaaZ.org

NS2.DaaZ.org

It's a bit unusual to see the .org rather than .com for a marketplace, but those are the ones they cite currently on their webpage.

•••
Sure.
NS1.DaaZ.org

NS2.DaaZ.org

It's a bit unusual to see the .org rather than .com for a marketplace, but those are the ones they cite currently on their webpage.
Thanks appreciate it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back