Dynadot

Wix.com vs Dan.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Business Brands

Knowledge is PowerRestricted (Market)
Impact
I use my own beautiful landers for $9 per month at wix.com, which has thousands of beautiful designs to choose from.

I did not sell a single domain on dan.com but had a lot of headache with fake buy it now transactions.

Dan - no
Wix - yes

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The more control I have over my life, the better I feel.

•••
Spam is what Dan and Afternic threads became on this forum. 500,000 views, no ad expense.
People used to criticize Epik for this, but GoMaddy is ok right?
It looks like GoDaddy read my observation and now started Afternic Official Thread. Another 500 000 views long term at zero advertising expense.

Last edited:
•••
I’m going to take any spam you do elsewhere and put it back in your own threads. Don’t troll official threads, it’s selfish.

First one

You are out of touch with reality. When the music stops, you will not be able to get a chair.

No, no?

How do you feel about Google's 10M registrations?

•••
In my opinion, 25% commission will not be ignored by Wall St. This is I think out of the ballpark, and I would be surprised if it gets ignored. There is only so much of dumb money to go around.

•••
•••
JB, you are childish.
I use Afternic. Others use Afternic. You do not. You hop in their official thread trolling and spamming, that’s childish, not professional. This is what I do for a living, so I’m not a fan of the spam that tends to be allowed here, so this is my other option. Flip the spammers spam back on them. Just so you know that when you spam all these other threads you’ve been spamming, it’s just going to show right back up in your threads. Or NP can decide to handle it instead of letting it slide

Last edited:
•••
I can create custom landing pages on GitHub, and use them on all my domains for free.
Why would I pay $9/month to wix?

•••
I can create custom landing pages on GitHub, and use them on all my domains for free.
Did you share it with your fellows?
Open a thread GitHub vs Dan

•••
I use Afternic. Others use Afternic. You do not. You hop in their official thread trolling and spamming, that’s childish, not professional. This is what I do for a living, so I’m not a fan of the spam that tends to be allowed here, so this is my other option. Flip the spammers spam back on them. Just so you know that when you spam all these other threads you’ve been spamming, it’s just going to show right back up in your threads. Or NP can decide to handle it instead of letting it slide
I would say you do not see forest for the trees.

•••
I use my own beautiful landers for $9 per month at wix.com, which has thousands of beautiful designs to choose from.

I did not sell a single domain on dan.com but had a lot of headache with fake buy it now transactions.

Dan - no
Wix - yes
Can you give more details and some links/examples to your landers? $9 for each domain or a single website for all domains? Do you configure a redirect on your registrar?

•••
Can you give more details and some links/examples to your landers? $9 for each domain or a single website for all domains? Do you configure a redirect on your registrar?
Sent you a pm.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
You can design one beautiful page and redirect your domains to it.
There's nothing special about that. But good to see that you're so enthusiastic about it!

Last edited:
•••
I had my own landers, looked really good also... no sales... Switched to dan.com and I just made sale #3 of the year and its only February... I spoke to one of the buyers after the sale and he said he was watching the domain for years but saw it was finally for sale at a legit company he felt good about doing business with so he finally pulled the trigger. JB said "75%-85% of something is better than 0% of nothing" and I could not agree more! You could always raise your price 15% to compensate for the commission as well... Dan handles the landers, the website scripting, the transfer, the hosting cost, the customer support, and the marketing on multiple platforms. If you don't think that's worth 15%, then have at it with your landers...

•••
RE: Github -- This is pretty much what I do for the majority of my landing pages.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back