Dynadot

Will the 1.4 Billion fine for Goggle also force them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Will the 1.4Billion fine for Goggle - for essentially restrictive trading practices on its advertising placement on searches - also force them to rethink their search algorithm that has a bias to a) returning local extensions and in a way forcing people to accept their country specific website businesses as the first few pages of search results instead of allowing them to truly shop global and b) the deliberate bias towards .com - which is what many seem to say when they justify .com as the super domain?

Will there be further governmental or private/industry class actions against Google to fix these anomalies in their absolute desire to control the thoughts of people who use the internet?

Your thoughts? Will this have a positive effect on the value of non.com domain extensions where the key word is the same as the most valuable .coms?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think we have to allow the appeals process to take it's course before we draw too many conclusions about this case. But let me just say, IMHO, the fine was way too low to actually punish Google into behaving themselves. I think there is no room for any company which tries to monopolize business in the way Google did in this case. If they've done this once. They will just find another way around doing it again. $1.4B fine is way to low. IMHO. Where's the penalty, when they can pay for this fine out of pocket change?

•••
I think that the penalty it's 2.4B and they have 3 months to change the search algorithm, after that they will pay 5% of the world revenue in any given day, so this should force them to change.

•••
I think that the penalty it's 2.4B and they have 3 months to change the search algorithm, after that they will pay 5% of the world revenue in any given day, so this should force them to change.

Now that's a penalty I can approve of :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back