IT.COM

WhyPark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not politically correct

I'd like to hear if there is anyone else other than Sadr who had their Adsense disabled by using Whypark. Sadr's case is to be expected as he reduced all his articles to 0, but after Rick Schwartz's blog about how alot of site owners had their Adsense accounts closed, possibly due to having only syndicated content, I'd like to know if anyone else using Whypark has the same problem.
g man hates whypark i have had that happen too.also.i have had 180 sites de indexed at wp .but some whypark sites are left alone maybe 10%..since it is paid for i have still sites there .here is how to avoid problems ....use no whypark content of any kind..just use as host [you can put in own css and content] so basically it is a free host account...avoid gman ads if possible.use whypark ads if profitable.if you do that you will be fine....based on my multi year experience.I would think long and hard about putting any truly cherished domain there however, as one never knows when the next update attack will occur.

•••
Its been a while since I checked on the WP thread! But I can't believe the old one is gone... and where is Wayne?! L2Ride?

Well anyway, I remembered by WP account details and seems the sites I added there are pretty much staying the same. Generated enough through Adsense over the past year to cover all WP fees (the old $99 fee)...

Here are a couple I made about a year ago:

http://www.FreshRecipe.com
Steroids - Information & Real Life Stories

Could do with some content I guess.
:)

btw. If anyone has contact with Wayne, please send me a PM. I need to get in touch and can't find his email.

Thanks.

•••
Its been a while since I checked on the WP thread! But I can't believe the old one is gone... and where is Wayne?! L2Ride?

Well anyway, I remembered by WP account details and seems the sites I added there are pretty much staying the same. Generated enough through Adsense over the past year to cover all WP fees (the old $99 fee)...

Here are a couple I made about a year ago:

Fresh Recipes
Steroids - Information & Real Life Stories

Could do with some content I guess.
:)

btw. If anyone has contact with Wayne, please send me a PM. I need to get in touch and can't find his email.

Thanks.

Whypark has its own forum now, I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but the link is in your control panel.

I'm really diggin those sites you've made, very nice! Did you make the template yourself or get it from elsewhere?

•••
is it?I did not know that it already has a forum of its own..that a really nice piece of news..I shall look for the link,or else ask from you

•••
Whypark has its own forum now, I don't know if I'm allowed to post a link, but the link is in your control panel.

I'm really diggin those sites you've made, very nice! Did you make the template yourself or get it from elsewhere?

Thanks Andy, I'll be checking out the forum shortly. And yes the templates I customized myself. I sent you PM btw.

•••
Customizing Whypark sites

Thanks Andy, I'll be checking out the forum shortly. And yes the templates I customized myself. I sent you PM btw.

Hi, really liked your template for your WhyPark sites as well. Can you give me an idea of the CTR you get for those sites.

Tks in advance
TP

Last edited:
•••
I am doing a trial ATM trying to work out if using adsense or whypark feed is better, nothing in it from what i see so far.

•••
The big difference that I see is that your adsense account might get disabled due to duplicate content issues, depending on the whim of the big G...the WP feed on the other hand won't.

•••
The big difference that I see is that your adsense account might get disabled due to duplicate content issues, depending on the whim of the big G...the WP feed on the other hand won't.

Well, that is always a possibility, but they have not done so so far (adsense disabled), my biggest concerns are that they don't always show the ads every impression, and now paying in non US dollars, along with now offering their own parking service.

Basically i over the big G, and use Bing for search now, im trying to get the big G out of my life, so i can be my own person again! :laugh:

•••
After a 3 month trial I am down grading from a paid account as It has not been viable for me.

Works for others :tu:

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Basically i over the big G, and use Bing for search now, im trying to get the big G out of my life, so i can be my own person again! :laugh:

Im not so sure Bing picks up whypark pages?

•••
After a 3 month trial I am down grading from a paid account as It has not been viable for me.

Works for others :tu:

I'm sorry to hear it's not worked out. I have never used a paid account as my domains do not warrant that.

I think you need premium domains with traffic to justify the cost. I have made the $100 initial fee already, so anythings a bonus for me now.

I had a few referrals as well which was nice.

•••
Just a little advice need on this name please, I have had it at Whypark for around 3 weeks.

DubaiJobs.ae
Visitors 92
Pageviews 212
Searches 109
Clicks 48

these are the stats, are these average, all my other names are getting next to nothing

Is there anything I can do to monetize this name even more?? I am on the free plan at Whypark, should I move to a paid plan??

Thanks

•••
Giles, i think you need to do some sums as to how much the clicks make versus the paid whypark option. Im not realy sure to tell you the truth. Are you using adsense ATM or Whypark feed?

•••
I park because I'm lazy and slow at making websites. Sedo is not going to buy my big yacht but have paid for a few cases of beer.

:hehe:

•••
I have just purchased a domain at an obscure registry in an obscure extension. When redirecting the name servers i am required to add the ip addresses and the name servers.

Hence i have added NS1 and NS2 whypark, but i also need the two matching IP addresses. Dose any body know what these would be please?

•••
Not happy with WhyPark.

1 Cent per Click

•••
I have just purchased a domain at an obscure registry in an obscure extension. When redirecting the name servers i am required to add the ip addresses and the name servers.

Hence i have added NS1 and NS2 whypark, but i also need the two matching IP addresses. Dose any body know what these would be please?

Try:
KLOTH.NET - DIG - DNS lookup - find IP address

•••
Not happy with WhyPark.

1 Cent per Click

The only time domains of mine get 1 cent clicks are when those domains have been banned/blocked by Yahoo and therefore don't get the premium Yahoo feed. This is usually because of Trademark and quality issues (their idea of quality - not mine, multiple hyphens and/or cctlds). My other domains on Whypark earn $0.25, $.50, $1.00 or more per click. All this on domains that do not have natural type-in traffic. My only problem is that I need the time to move over and customize more domains. I am still pleased with Whypark. Perhaps you need to look at he domains you are hosting at WP.

Alan

•••
Does anyone know if there is any substantial difference in content, traffic and revenue based on what subscription tier you are on at whyp. I started with the free for several months and moved to the managed tier for a few months. I just let it lapse back to the free level and was curious if anyone had any experience with this...........any thoughts welcome.

•••
OK, cheers, my ip issue was fixed by Kelly at WhyPark.

•••
Does anyone know if there is any substantial difference in content, traffic and revenue based on what subscription tier you are on at whyp. I started with the free for several months and moved to the managed tier for a few months. I just let it lapse back to the free level and was curious if anyone had any experience with this...........any thoughts welcome.

Would be interested to hear the answers to this, too. Especially, do the managed features seem to help with indexing/ranking with google and bing ?

•••

I have not completed a scientific study, but I can share my experiences and reasons for choosing the $10/month "Enhanced" plan.

First and foremost for me was the ability to customize the layouts so that they looked less like parked sites or MFA sites. I like changing the layout design, colors, and using my own images. Additionally, I like the ability to use my Adsense if I so choose, add a You Tube Video if I want, add an RSS feed, and add affiliate banners to my pages. This site, Compact Digital Video illustrates how I have used most of these options to make a more attractive (at least to me) page.

While I don't have hard numbers to back up my claims, I personally believe that when a visitor visits one of my pages, they are more apt to click an ad or a related site just because the site looks less "spammy". As I have said before, I am only using domains on WP that have no natural type-in traffic and perform poorly as traditional parked sites. I attribute everything they earn to WP, and they are earning significantly more than the $10/month I am paying.

Once again, my only regret is that I don't have more time to transfer over and customize more domains. I currently only have about 60 domains set up, but with time, could very easily have 200 or more. All for the same $10/month. To me, as long as they are earning back the fee, I think it is a bargain.

•••
Thanks AW........that was just the input I was looking for....btw I am impressed with your improvements and changes to whyp templates. Almost wouldn't have recognized them without being told. Nice Work!

•••
I have not completed a scientific study, but I can share my experiences and reasons for choosing the $10/month "Enhanced" plan.

First and foremost for me was the ability to customize the layouts so that they looked less like parked sites or MFA sites. I like changing the layout design, colors, and using my own images. Additionally, I like the ability to use my Adsense if I so choose, add a You Tube Video if I want, add an RSS feed, and add affiliate banners to my pages. This site, Compact Digital Video illustrates how I have used most of these options to make a more attractive (at least to me) page.

While I don't have hard numbers to back up my claims, I personally believe that when a visitor visits one of my pages, they are more apt to click an ad or a related site just because the site looks less "spammy". As I have said before, I am only using domains on WP that have no natural type-in traffic and perform poorly as traditional parked sites. I attribute everything they earn to WP, and they are earning significantly more than the $10/month I am paying.

Once again, my only regret is that I don't have more time to transfer over and customize more domains. I currently only have about 60 domains set up, but with time, could very easily have 200 or more. All for the same $10/month. To me, as long as they are earning back the fee, I think it is a bargain.

BTW, what kind of affiliate program are you using for your website with your yahoo feed. Which ones work best.

Best,
TP

•••
Wow noone has much to say about whypark lately.
I used to have a paid account at whypark but did not like the comments crap at the bottom of each page.If i had option of this feature would be better but that is where my ads are located and if you scroll down the page is always comments the last thing you see.
Whypark can have you a nice site up and running quickly for free,they have enough free templates to keep me satisfied.
I had a few 80cent clicks but make nothing off of the pages i do have parked with there ads.
In categories to pick a category nothing there for energy domains,solar or power of any kind.
Putting content from whypark on your site is way better than have an unindexed parked page.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back