Domain Empire

Why would someone sell a Brandable BB listed domain for low XX?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Off late I have seen many listings in the forum who are willing to pay low $XX for a BB listed domain? I really dont get it because say BB charges a user $10 to list the domain > it lists only if it considers it brandable and salable. I am aware in real market situations getting BB prices may be a bit far fetched as they place a "end user" pricing on the same. So my question to fellow domainers is this > if you pay $10 to BB and then if a buyer on this forum asks for a price of $20~30~40 etc why would you sell it? Would you better not wait for it to be sold on BB or for better prices? Is there something that I am missing?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BB requires exclusivity of the domain and the domain has to redirect to their website.
You can't publish on BB and have the domain point to another platform.

Hmmm I frame?popunder?lol

•••
I am one of the people with a few BB auctions here and there. I have a clear explanation why I do this.

I am just entering the brandables so I know I have a lot to learn. I like the brandbucket principle as a passive way of potential sales. List a few names and get a possible sale.

The dotster and netfirms .com sales was my chance to enter. My plan is to get a bunch accepted, sell off a few on NP which will cover both the cheap reg fees and the money to publish the names. I keep the ones I like best and publish these with the acquired publishing credits. This way, I have a beginners portfolio for "free", paid by flipping profits. Since reg fee was around 3 dollars and I can sell the rejects in the bargain thread, it is quite likely that this is possible for me.

The good thing is that I can then wait around 8 months to see if I get BB activity. If not, I can always sell the names on NP again.

The NP value is a nice backup for people like me just testing the waters for brandables, as I myself would have no idea how to sell brandables myself.

For me, domaining is part time and a hobby which gives me a small amount of extra funds every month. Therefore, I do not want to invest 500 dollars to wait 8 months or loger for a possible 2000 return. I play the faster game. I wont get the best price, but I am happy with that. This tactic is a way for me to sit and wait without risk and concentrate on my geo domains.

Hope this makes sense.

maybe you shouldn't freely say you are dumping your "rejects" in the NP bargain thread. lol your buyers for these "rejects" might stumble on this post of yours and think twice before ever bidding on your "rejects" lol. don't ya think so?

Sounds like something people are doing on NP anyways. dumping rejects in the bargain bin. which brings up the obvious question. who is buying these reject domains? lol and do you also sell these "reject" domains on BB? lol

•••
I am one of the people with a few BB auctions here and there. I have a clear explanation why I do this.

I am just entering the brandables so I know I have a lot to learn. I like the brandbucket principle as a passive way of potential sales. List a few names and get a possible sale.

The dotster and netfirms .com sales was my chance to enter. My plan is to get a bunch accepted, sell off a few on NP which will cover both the cheap reg fees and the money to publish the names. I keep the ones I like best and publish these with the acquired publishing credits. This way, I have a beginners portfolio for "free", paid by flipping profits. Since reg fee was around 3 dollars and I can sell the rejects in the bargain thread, it is quite likely that this is possible for me.

The good thing is that I can then wait around 8 months to see if I get BB activity. If not, I can always sell the names on NP again.

The NP value is a nice backup for people like me just testing the waters for brandables, as I myself would have no idea how to sell brandables myself.

For me, domaining is part time and a hobby which gives me a small amount of extra funds every month. Therefore, I do not want to invest 500 dollars to wait 8 months or loger for a possible 2000 return. I play the faster game. I wont get the best price, but I am happy with that. This tactic is a way for me to sit and wait without risk and concentrate on my geo domains.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm not entirely caught up on the reseller market for BrandBucket auctioned domains, since it's in direct violation of both marketplaces ToS, but is an accepted and common practice today. I've been weary of the few I held. Has @michaeljkrell ever bid on one of your auctions?

Why doesn't flippa allow you to sell BrandBucket published domains? Because the buyers aren't as transparent as they are on NamePros, and the rules are slightly different. For example, if a BB domains sells via BIN on BB while listed at a live bulk domain auction via flippa, the sale becomes VOID when the sold BB domains no longer becomes part of the package. I'm not sure if this has ever happened on NamePros, and if so what the outcome was. If you would like to discuss this further, please ask, I'd be happy to discuss this in greater detail by way of the debate thread.

Sounds like something people are doing on NP anyways. dumping rejects in the bargain bin. which brings up the obvious question. who is buying these reject domains?

I buy them, because unlike BB, I still find value in rejected domains. Some buy them and put them on other marketplaces. I don't like to repeat this way of thinking because marginally it will not be true for all bargain domains, but earlier this year I bought a domain from @Domainzy on the bargain thread and BrandBucket approved it for listing fee.

do you also sell these "reject" domains on BB?

Some people do. Not all.

When sellers begin losing trust in the marketplace, they begin evaluating which domains have they lowest chance of yielding a BrandBucket return, and they begin to sell off domains. They put these domains in a stew, and say, "This stew was good enough to be sold on BrandBucket's menu. There's still good meat in there, but I'm either too full and/or would rather trade my stew for your bread. Our head chef won't buy our meat because hes too busy buying fresh fish for the same price."

It's also important to know that some resellers just resell domains so they can continue building their portfolio and resell what they think has a least likely chance of selling. This is not always the case, and even so, being brandable domains are subjective, it's up to the buyer to be subjective when deciding how much they are willing to spend for the domain.

Last edited:
•••
Speaking of BrandBucket.

BucketVR.com

I wonder if they will accept it?

It's a play on bucketlist. Very brandable. Guess I'll give BB a try.

•••
Speaking of BrandBucket.

BucketVR.com

I wonder if they will accept it?

It's a play on bucketlist. Very brandable. Guess I'll give BB a try.

I don't think they will accept this. They rejected Bucket + popular io prefix for me. I'm not here to debate if it's a good domain or not, just stating Keyword + popular suffix is not all they look for.

Besides BB reseller, do you see the enduser for a bucketVR? VRBucket, sure. But, BucketVR? Maybe, I don't know. But if it was me, I wouldn't waste a $10 listing fee to list this domain exclusively with BrandBucket. This is what some people mean when they say BrandBucket does you a favor by rejecting your domain. They keep their marketplace slim by doing this, their resources allocated properly, and your listing fee's in your pocket where they belong. Until they respond to the debate between listing fee vs logo fee, this is where I stand.

•••
Does anyone ever wonder Lol if sites like BB and namejet have like a buddy buddy system that even if the domain is crap since it's a friend they take it.

•••
Note: I sold 3 domains on BrandBucket. 3 hand regs. (2 made up domains + 1 Keyword Cloud Domain) Plus 1 more BrandBucket sale (made up domain) of a domain I sold for $XX on NP was also a handreg.

UPDATE: The domain I reported as BB sold in my previous post from this thread, quoted above, did not materialize. I was due to receive a bonus if the domain sold within the first year, the domain was listed as sold for a week, and then I was informed the sale fell through.

Adding to my disappointment, I had noticed another domain once reported as sold, was republished to the front page of newly added domains. This domain that was reported as sold, then republished to the front of recently added domain during a weekend. The domain belonged to none other than @michaeljkrell I had hoped the other domain would have received this same special treatment. To my knowledge, I was let down. How do I, or the domain owner, know a potential buyer, buying from the recently published section, didn't have this domain in mind, and was unable to purchase during the time it was listed as sold and chose a different made up brandable? #ChooseFairOverFare

•••
In Economic perspective,

When Demand Increase: price increases, quantity increases.

When Demand Decrease:
price decreases, quantity decreases.

When Supply Increase: price decreases, quantity increases.

When Supply Decrease: price increases, quantity decreases.

Due to high supply the price range decreased between $15 to $35

Some sellers are more happy with their 2X Return for their investment of $10 Handreg.

It depends upon seller's financial requirements.

:)

Thanks for the economic perspective @DKN :D

Not really, the total cost would be around $1,900 if you also factor in the $10 BB listing fee.

The total revenue would depend on the sale price, if the domain sells for $2,000, the seller gets $1,400 or so.

If you published 100 domains via BB you'd be out $1,000 in listing fee's, (30% of $2,000) $600, logo fee $100 - $500. This leaves you with $800 - $1,200 after the sale.

***This does not include initial domain investment of $850 (GD DDC) or $5,900+ (DropCatch) and/or annual renewal fee's that (depending on registrar) will cost close to $1,000/year.***

Last edited:
•••
Compared to the potential revenue you can earn per domain, $10 is sooooo insignificant imo.

Besides, why the need to list hundreds of domains on BB. It is not a numbers game. The focus should be about the quality of domains.

I will soon cleanse my BB portfolio so that I only list great premiums.

By cleanse, do you mean you will:

1) Let them expire loss of $10 listing fee...
2) Sell on NP
3) Sell on another marketplace

I will resell them to other BB sellers.

If you don't think it will sell:

1) Why not just renew them all, instead of trying to pass it on to other sellers?
2) Will you renew it before you sell it?
3) How will you sell it: BIN or Auction?
4) What do you hope to receive for your less premium bb domains that you plan on trimming?

•••
bb Resellers: Please be careful when reselling bb domains for $XX. It might be confusing given all the other sellers selling for $XX, and/or because of the February notice from bb 's director saying it was a gray area.

One bb seller is currently facing negative action after they reporting selling the domain to a buyer when bb was unresponsive due to a lack of weekend support coverage.

We apologize for the delayed response.

Since the sale was completed externally without a prior 30-day removal notification, you are still due 30% of the sales price and someone from our Sales department will be in contact with you directly to discuss this further.

Here is our seller policy that requires domains listed at BrandBucket not to be listed in any other marketplaces. To view the whole policy, please click the link below.

https://www.brandbucket.com/help/faq/sellers/rules_for_sellers
Please let me know if we can assist you with anything else.
Best,

Julia
BrandBucket Support Team

More HERE

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back