IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I believe BB is doing a lot of good things to warrant the $10. But for sure I will have problem if all sellers are not given the same chance.

If for examole there are rules for super sellers or sellers with big portfolio and sales and I am told so then I will accept but if it is done in an under the table way then it will not be good.

I need my domains to have fair chance in search results.

•••
I remember him saying he doesn't get any special treatment with the submitting and publishing of names.
I'm sorry, but I do not believe that Michael has a 80% rejection. Therefore, I want to hear it from him personally ...

I would agree generally with you, but I think we need to go back to the origins of BB as it isn't like a lot of companies in design. BB was designed for themselves. Others wanted in so they opened the doors. If I were in their position I wouldn't hurt myself to let others in. Yes, they benefit from others, but their primary focus was (and I believe still is) their domains.
I will respect any company if they have the courage to say this openly. Instead, I only see the deception and attempts to justify their mistakes.

•••
Well sad to know you won't be buying it for a teaching/learning project )

But, yeah, if they can learn John, they can learn Toht. By the way, Tote is a valuable keyword too. A shop, maybe?

At the end of the day, why are we even arguing this? Myself and many others disagree with you. You disagree with us. That is fine, brandables is subjective to a degree. We can sit here and argue about native English language all day, but that isn't going to help.

If you are complaining about BB not accepting it, then move on. There are obviously enough people here that agree that it isn't the best for brandables. BB has every right to that opinion as well. Find another marketplace for it. Create your own. Arguing that your domain is so great but they won't accept it really sounds like one of my toddlers upset that they don't get to use the "red cup" today. If you want our opinion on native English language, lets take it to PM or another thread - but only if you are actually going to hear our opinions and not keep insisting only you are right.

•••
If BB rejects a domain when they currently have accepted 30000 domains plus another 10 - 15K they have sold, what hope do you have for an end user buying your domain that they rejected.

At the end of the day BB is doing us a favour...not the other way around. This is why I am happy to give BB 30% plus more.

•••
If BB rejects a domain when they currently have accepted 30000 domains plus another 10 - 15K they have sold, what hope do you have for an end user buying your domain that they rejected.

At the end of the day BB is doing us a favour...not the other way around. This is why I am happy to give BB 30% plus more.

So you absolutely trust BB know the magic formula for what sells and what end users want? What about BR? Do they have a formula? Whose formula is better? Would they agree on the same name that "yes, it is great", "no, it won't have a chance"? Are you saying you need BB to validate for you what could be a good sellable name?

I have sold few few BB rejects for up to $6K per name. I have few more with inquiries or under negotiation.

•••
It says I have a D score. I suck it appears lol

•••
•••
It says I have a D score. I suck it appears lol

I have F with 11% ) Luckily, there is BR that shares my vision for a good brandable ) I think I am closer to 40% there.

•••
•••
I have A+ (90.84%) Something is suspicious.
Have you bought existing published names perhaps? I'm just guessing. Perhaps they have a published from submitted calculation for that field and they still have some bugs to iron out?

Either that or you are just awesome at picking names. :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
In regards to your specific example... G R I D L Y T I C is a nice name because 'grid' is a fairly popular tech keyword, and 'lytic' is short for 'analytic' which is obviously a huge sector in tech these days.

C L E V E R B O U N D was rejected because we don't see the connection in the two words. While 'clever' is a decent keyword it would need to be paired with something else. Say like 'logic', 'cloud', 'bot', etc for it to make sense.

F L I R T W A L L E T was rejected for a similar reason. 'Wallet' is a very nice keyword nowadays, but 'flirt' isn't a good match. Something better that would work with 'wallet' would be 'tech', 'cloud', 'bit', 'coin', etc.

Hopefully this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Hey @michaeljkrell this post was really helpful.
It'll be great if you'd consider analyzing some more names for us in the Webinar next week. (that is if you didn't already plan to)
It's okay if you can't, but it'll be awesome if you can.

Thanks in advance for doing the webinar.

•••

A bit off topic, but i can't get it out of my head so I am going to share it... every time I see your username you remind me of one of my BB published names - golano.com :D

•••
A bit off topic, but i can't get it out of my head so I am going to share it... every time I see your username you remind me of one of my BB published names - golano.com :D
ahaha! :laugh::alien3:

•••
I have sold few few BB rejects for up to $6K per name. I have few more with inquiries or under negotiation.

Do you mind sharing which got rejected and then sold for $6K?

•••
How often do you look at the published name golano.com?

•••
•••
Given the amount of rejections, I don't believe BB is interested in earning the $10 listing fee....otherwise they would be making money from listings and not worrying about sales.

•••
Given the amount of rejections, I don't believe BB is interested in earning the $10 listing fee....otherwise they would be making money from listings and not worrying about sales.
Agreed. I was kinda surprised with other market places that might reject your name but still ask you money yo list :D

•••
I have a theory.

To improve your chance of being accepted, apart from having a great name, it is probably equally important to target a category on BB's marketplace that does not currently have a high number of domains for sale.

For example, instead of targeting the keyword 'health' where there is so much competition, it might be better to target a keyword such as 'amusement park' where there is less competition.

We need to think from BB's position...They don't want to flood their marketplace with domains targeting only health, food, fashion, technology etc

Insterested in other's thoughs.

•••
If they accepted everything then it would be way to obvious and they would lose all credibility from buyers and sellers. Sellers are already questioning the fees so imagine how obvious it would be if they really started accepting all of the junk instead of just some of the junk.

Here are the real numbers going back one month. In less than one month they pulled in $18,590 in listing fees in 28 days. Round it up to 30 days to equal a month and it's $20,000 in listing fees every single month. $240,000 every year from listing fees. That's a substantial amount of money. If you notice they are cranking up the accepted submissions and the numbers below show this. A few months ago they were accepting around 1,000 every month and now they are at 2,000. Follow the numbers below and you can see that the numbers are going up every single week. Don't even start the argument that they are not worried about listing fees. They live on listing fees.

sun apr 10 0
mon 28
tues 96
wed 50
thurs 81
fri 71
sat apr 16 78

404 domains added = $4,040 in listing fees for one week

sun apr 17 0
mon 34
tues 90
wed 78
thurs 96
fri 92
sat apr 23 71

461 domains added = $4,610 in listing fees for one week

sun apr 24 0
mon 36
tues 91
wed 101
thurs 92
fri 96
sat apr 30 68

484 domains added = $4,840 in listing fees for one week

sun may 1 11
mon 35
tues 92
wed 93
thurs 91
fri 96
sat may 7 92

510 domains added = $5,100 in listing fees for one week

•••
How often do you look at the published name g/o/l/a/n/o.com?

I don't very often - I was saying when I see his username (golan), it reminds me of g/o/l/a/n/o.com

•••
Do you mind sharing which got rejected and then sold for $6K?

Can't disclose. It was news related and I was told by BB news names don't sell.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back