IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
hello

I am new to BrandBucket. Before getting my hands on this

I wish to experience about brandbucket from my fellow members

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ok

but I told them multiple times to take it off the listing

-- no reply
If you advise BB that you wish to remove a listing today - you will not have to pay a commission if you sell in 31 days time. However if you sell within 30 days from today, BB is entitled to a commission.

•••
I even emailed Michael and sales on 2 june to remove it
- no reply

if they would have told me straight away
that I need to pay 30% of the listing price
which is twice as high as my sales price
I would have delayed the sale
If you emailed BB on 2 June, then to avoid paying a commission, the sale must take place after 2 July.

Given we are still in June, you are required to honour your agreement with BB.

•••
its about brandbucket experience

I personally am not pleased with that experience

4 days reaction to an email
that is asking for a domain removal and of course
investigating about eventual issues caused by that removal

and now the 30% fee

I call that a very unpleasant experience

•••
I think they require exclusivity for the entire lifetime of the listing.

FWIW

Thank you for bringing this up @daj. NP is kind of gray area since it is isn't a marketplace like Flippa for example. This is something that we have discussed internally at length and share your same concerns. Something similar to what @JimJammy mentioned will be initiated soon. In the meantime, I 100% agree with @Grilled Jesus regarding how to list them on NP

From Page 200 of the bb experience thread HERE 2/23/2016

•••
@frank-germany I only see one recent email from you that Julia responded to this morning. If you need any clarification or assistance with something else please feel free to either email Julia at [email protected] or contact me via email or PM.

Below are are rules for sellers concerning sales outside of BB.

Violation of sales exclusivity agreement

Submitting and accepting your name for listing at BrandBucket you are agreeing to have BrandBucket as the exclusive seller for the duration that a domain name is listed, and transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace for the purpose of circumventing fees that would otherwise be due to BrandBucket is strictly prohibited. At any time you may request to have your domains removed from BrandBucket, and they will continue to be listed for 30 days from the time of your notification. Sellers transacting a sale outside of the BrandBucket marketplace will be required to pay the BrandBucket commission amount, which is 30% of the listed sale price on BrandBucket.com. BrandBucket reserves the right to cancel the account of a seller with offsite sales.

•••
@frank-germany I only see one recent email from you that Julia responded to this morning. If you need any clarification or assistance with something else please feel free to either email Julia at [email protected] or contact me via email or PM.

here are the 3 emails I send:

upload_2016-6-6_14-54-1.png

Last edited:
•••
@sofiapartner, you asked a very interesting question a few pages back. I did not see an answer. Is there a limit to the number of domains that BrandBucket will list?

I think this helps in planning because Brandbucket is asking for an exclusive listing. This means that if I only have 2 names published of the 25K names, then my chances of selling any one of these names is like 0.004% or something. Of course, the greater the number of names, the lower my chance of success.

In that case, it doesn't seem I should list on BrandBucket if I only have a few names. The most successful BrandBucket-ers have thousands of names listed. More volume = more sales. @michaeljkrell

I am not suggesting that anyone should not list on BrandBucket (it's a great platform). However, I almost feel like if I only have a few names, it'll be better to list on Namerific, Sedo, Flippa, GoDaddy all while putting up a landing page. Because none of these are exclusive, my chances of selling might be a little higher than 0.004%.
I think you are overreacting.
Just because BB has 30K names for sale, you are not actually competing with 30K other names.
When a buyer visits BB the majority will not peruse 30K names before they buy something.
Generally, they will use the BB's search function and type in a keyword. BB will provide suggestions based on the keyword.
Let's use the term 'drone' as an example. Currently there are 69 names appearing in the search results for 'drone'. As you can see, if your name was targetting the term 'drone', you would be competing with 68 other names - not 30K.

Hope this helps.

•••
here are the 3 emails I send:

Show attachment 32213
You still don't get it.

You notified BB on 2 June to delist your domain. BB will continue to list your domain until 2 July. You are not allowed to sell your domain prior to 2 July. If you do, you must pay BB 30% commission on the BB listed price.

•••
You still don't get it..

Justin believe me :
I do get it
it's no rocket science

I did not recieve an answer in a timely manner
so I could have decided NOT sell it
or 30 days later

I was aware of a 6 month exclusivity
but not of the 30 days notificaion period

so if they would have educated me
I could have acted differently

•••
Justin believe me :
I do get it
it's no rocket science

so I could have decided NOT sell it
or 30 days later

I was aware of a 6 month exclusivity
but not of the 30 days notificaion period

So now that you are aware that you made a mistake, I assume you will pay BB the agreed commission?

•••
I think you are overreacting.
Just because BB has 30K names for sale, you are not actually competing with 30K other names.
When a buyer visits BB the majority will not peruse 30K names before they buy something.
Generally, they will use the BB's search function and type in a keyword. BB will provide suggestions based on the keyword.
Let's use the term 'drone' as an example. Currently there are 69 names appearing in the search results for 'drone'. As you can see, if your name was targetting the term 'drone', you would be competing with 68 other names - not 30K.

Hope this helps.
Do you really think that your name will be found by typing in a keyword? There are over 4,000 5 letters and 6,500 6 letters and another 5,000 or so made up 7 and 8 letter names that have no keyword within the name. These are totally made up names.

Take the name Rezodo for example, the keyword category are community, event and software. How in the hell does the name Rezodo have anything to do with community, event or software? Basically half of BrandBucket is made up names that have no keyword so the only way they will be found is typing in some random word that just may happen to be listed under your made up name. You are totally wrong. Your random 6 letter will never ever be found by typing in some random keyword. Go back to the drawing board because keyword searches don't work for made up names.

Last edited:
•••
So now that you are aware that you made a mistake, I assume you will pay BB the agreed commission?

Justin
this time I don't get it

is that your business?

•••

What if @frank-germany had a buyer debating between his domain, and one from a competitors marketplace? Say the competitor had weekend sales support, and they struck a deal before bb sales could respond?

Seeing lot's of people selling bb domains on NP for $XX couldn't have helped. There are blogs about this being a viable domain flip. Then, add in the fact that bb director recently, and publicly said reselling domains on NP is a gray area.

Does anybody know the date of bb ToS? When did bb release the option to transfer domain from one seller to another via email? This, IMO, could have confused a few sellers who might have thought that this new feature meant they could transfer their domains between accounts without recourse if their buyer decides not to relist with bb.

•••
Do you really think that your name will be found by typing in a keyword? There are over 4,000 5 letters and 6,500 6 letters and another 5,000 or so made up 7 and 8 letter names that have no keyword within the name. These are totally made up names.

Take the name Rezodo for example, the keyword category are community, event and software. How in the hell does the name Rezodo have anything to do with community, event or software? Basically half of BrandBucket is made up names that have no keyword so the only way they will be found is typing in some random word that just may happen to be listed under your made up name. You are totally wrong. Your random 6 letter will never ever be found by typing in some random keyword. Go back to the drawing board because keyword searches don't work for made up names.
Type in the word "bookings" on BB search tool.
To save you time, click the link below.

https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=bookings

Check out how many domains are listed under this term.

More importantly, check out the 1st listing.

What name do you see?

•••
Type in the word "bookings" on BB search tool.
To save you time, click the link below.

https://www.brandbucket.com/names/search=bookings

Check out how many domains are listed under this term.

More importantly, check out the 1st listing.

What name do you see?
Who cares! Do you think that just because someone types in the word "bookings" and sees your random 6 letter that they will buy your random 6 letter that has nothing to do with the keyword "bookings"?

Out of the supposedly 80 sales last month at BB guess how many were random made up names with no keyword or partial keyword association? One. One!! Your name will never ever sell.

•••
Who cares! Do you think that just because someone types in the word "bookings" and sees your random 6 letter that they will buy your random 6 letter that has nothing to do with the keyword "bookings"?

Goes to show you do not know how end users operate.

If someone is looking to start an online bookings site does not necessarily look for a domain containing the words "bookings". BB has reported very encouraging sales figures for made up words...so that gives me confidence that made up words SELL.

•••
Goes to show you do not know how end users operate.

If someone is looking to start an online bookings site does not necessarily look for a domain containing the words "bookings". BB has reported very encouraging sales figures for made up words...so that gives me confidence that made up words SELL.
Don't know how end users operate? LMAO Look at the sales and make your own determination what names are selling and not what BB says are selling. Of course they say made up names sell so they can continue to take your 10 bucks. LOL

Do you ever wonder why they don't want DNbolt listing sales? Do you really think it's because the buyers are complaining that the sale is listed? BB had no issue listing sales when they were only selling their own names. 680 sold names listed and no buyers complaining. Why is that? Because if you could actually see the real sales now you could actually think for yourself instead of drinking the BB Kool Aid that they provide happily. :)

The truth is they don't want you thinking for yourself and want you to believe the information that they provide only. It's very easy to see by analyzing the sales that made up names are not selling. Like I said only ONE sale of a purely made up name last month. ONE!!!

•••
Like I said only ONE sale of a purely made up name last month. ONE!!!

This is blatantly false. There are still some pending order, but my quick count shows that May's sales were split just about the same as April's sales, 60% keyword / 40% invented.

•••
This is blatantly false. There are still some pending order, but my quick count shows that May's sales were split just about the same as April's sales, 60% keyword / 40% invented.
It's not blatantly false. Every single sale except one is based on a keyword or partial keyword. Of course, like I said, this is based off the sales on DNbolt. If there are other sales those are not included but I am basing my answer on the DNbolt listed sales. If you would like to list all the sales I would be more then happy to show you that these sales are all based off of a keyword or partial keyword.

•••
It's not blatantly false. Every single sale except one is based on a keyword or partial keyword. Of course, like I said, this is based off the sales on DNbolt. If there are other sales those are not included but I am basing my answer on the DNbolt listed sales. If you would like to list all the sales I would be more then happy to show you that these sales are all based off of a keyword or partial keyword.

And Michael himself has stated I don't know how many times that DNBolt data is not accurate. Members here have also stated here that they have made sales that are not reported in that list and I too have made sales that have not been reported in that list.

You are making up figures based on incorrect data.

•••
Like I said it is based of DNbolt sales data. Of course if some are not listed then they aren't counted but hate to tell you but there isn't enough not reported that would skew the numbers that much. I see only ONE listed out of the 80 or so sales that isn't keyword or partial keyword based.
It has been mentioned many times that DNBolts information is incorrect. Perhaps you could just stick to the actual facts as provided by the MD of BB instead of making up data, thanks.

•••
I believe in fairness. There are more domainers, than marketplaces.

Like I said it is based of DNbolt sales data. Of course if some are not listed then they aren't counted but hate to tell you but there isn't enough not reported that would skew the numbers that much. I see only ONE listed out of the 80 or so sales that isn't keyword or partial keyword based.

Perhaps you could just stick to the actual facts as provided by the MD of BB instead of making up data, thanks.

Well bb sellers aren't on NamePros reporting sales as often as previous months.

Did the MD of bb start informing their sellers of the bb sales? If we can't use @Dnbolt, and others aren't reporting sales, how are we supposed to know if bb is worth investing in. I was under the impression bb averaged around 80 monthly sales. Can anyone confirm if it's more or less?

Last edited:
•••
It has been mentioned many times that DNBolts information is incorrect. Perhaps you could just stick to the actual facts as provided by the MD of BB instead of making up data, thanks.
No one here including BB has ever questioned if the names listed on DNbolt actually sold. The only thing they have questioned is that sales data is not complete not that the names listed is not correct. If DNbolt's info was not correct then BB sure goes to a hell of a lot of trouble trying to hide data that isn't true. :) Why remove sold tags so DNbolt can't easily find the info? Why try to hide something that makes no difference if the info wasn't true.

Many have said that sales prices are not correct but I could care less if XXXXXXXX.com sold for $2,500 or $2,100 all I care about is what sold and what price range. BB has said themselves that if a name sells for less it is a very small percentage off of that name. So the actual numbers aren't that far off. There are 82 sales listed for May and I could care less if DNbolt missed a few here and there because it changes nothing.

•••
*couldn't.

michaeljkrell said:
This list contains names that have not been sold, inaccurate prices (both lower and higher), and doesn't contain all of our sales.

EDIT: By taking a a couple minutes and cross-checking our sales with this database, I can confirm that this list does not contain all of our sales.

michaeljkrell said:
Most likely through scraping.

After a few minutes of cross checking, I can also confirm that this list does not include all our sales.

Many domain buyers request an NDA. When you sign up with BB as a seller the TOS state you also agree to that NDA. I couldn't care less why a purchaser would want their domain purchase private, I just respect it.

•••
And Michael himself has stated I don't know how many times that DNBolt data is not accurate. Members here have also stated here that they have made sales that are not reported in that list and I too have made sales that have not been reported in that list.

You are making up figures based on incorrect data.

1. He is using available data
2. What makes you think that the missing sales would change the ratio for COMPLETELY madeup brandables?
3. If BB is worried about interpretation of public data that might be inaccurate, it could easily fix it by publishing the accurate one (without prices and without the names that the new owners specifically asked to be excluded from reports).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back