IT.COM

Why would domain be in pending status @ Afternic? + Time frames?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Wondering why some domains sell instantly through Afternic while others can be in 'Pending Sale' status for days?

I'm assuming it has to do with payment methods having to clear, but wondering if anyone had any more detailed info. Also, what is the typical time to expect to see a domain in 'Pending Sale' before it finalizes?

I've had a domain in 'Pending Sale' for about a week, then it was out of pending sale status and returned to normal 'Listed' status as if sale didn't go through, then a week later I get an email it sells.

Then another time I've had a domain in 'Pending Sale' status for 3 or 4 days, then gone, no sale.......yet.

Anyone have more info on how it works and usual time frames (if there are any).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think it has do with whois not updated.a name is already taken eg make payment for it but it isn't actually available. Had similar happen when whois updates you find it was taken a fortnight ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back