IT.COM

Afternic 'Pending Sale'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

OceanKing

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Afternic shows one of my domain is 'Pending Sale' since 3 Days (From Thursday to Sunday now).

This is my first experience with afternic.
Googling shoes this mean some one brought my domain @ bin. But afternic yet to clear his payment.

Should I keep any hope that the sale will go through ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You might be right. After my last post here, i saw a thread where a godaddy rep said the pending sale /hold status instruction differ from one partner to another. They have partners that request a pending sale status/hold on domain immediately their visitors add names to cart while some partners request a pending sale status/hold only when they receive money for the domain. I think the instructions to hold doesn't originate from Afternic. Which of the registra did you use? I think i tried namecheap the last time and my names didn't enter a pending sale, meaning namecheap will receive payment before instructing afternic to hold the domain. The only benefit i see here is even if the domain didn't sell, you know someone is considering your domain, don't drop
Fair points you made. And I think that's the only positive. The rest are negative IMHO.

I tried it at GoDaaddy as a guest. What this means is that anyone who's familiar with your domains could easily put em out of sales for 7days, and may do it repeatedly.

•••
A few days ago I had the same thing, after 4 days the domain has sold ;)

•••
•••
I get this from time to time. If the purchase was due to having not updated the price recently, and I'm not happy with the price, I simply delete the domain (since nothing is in black and white) and relist at a new price after a couple of days. If the price is OK I just leave it to either turn into a sale or it goes away.

•••
I get this from time to time. If the purchase was due to having not updated the price recently, and I'm not happy with the price, I simply delete the domain (since nothing is in black and white) and relist at a new price after a couple of days. If the price is OK I just leave it to either turn into a sale or it goes away.
How do you remove a pending sale domain? Their control panel seems to lock domains in pending sale status.

Last edited:
•••
How do you remove a pending sale domain? Their control panel seems to lock domains in pending sale status.
You cannot if you dont know the buyer

•••

I'm talking about in Afternic V2. I cannot remember the exact wording. But I thought Pending Sale means the buyer has basically not accepted your price yet. They just want to lockup your domain whilst they think it. These situations I've always been able to delete the domain and recreate it in V2. I think the last time I did that was less than a month ago. Maybe there is another term rather than Pending Sale, which I cannot see until I need to do this again. I don't recall if this was possible in V1, but I've certainly done it in V2.

•••
I'm talking about in Afternic V2. I cannot remember the exact wording. But I thought Pending Sale means the buyer has basically not accepted your price yet. They just want to lockup your domain whilst they think it. These situations I've always been able to delete the domain and recreate it in V2. I think the last time I did that was less than a month ago. Maybe there is another term rather than Pending Sale, which I cannot see until I need to do this again. I don't recall if this was possible in V1, but I've certainly done it in V2.
The pending sale status more than likely means pending reception of funds. The potential buyer may have just left it in the cart to think it over.

It should not be left in this state for more than a few hours, at which point it should revert to its original for sale status.

•••
The pending sale status more than likely means pending reception of funds. The potential buyer may have just left it in the cart to think it over.

It should not be left in this state for more than a few hours, at which point it should revert to its original for sale status.

From my understanding. It's the Registrar used which has the ability to extend this wait time for days. Presumably by, as you say, allowing the potential buyer simply leave it in the cart for some time to think it over. Blocking anyone else from purchasing the domain. This is not supposed to work like that. It's supposed to work by allowing a buyer to purchase a domain, immediately.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I have a domain that has been pending sale for 2 days and I do not think the funds are being processed. I think someone put it in the shopping cart and then forgot about it, so I can not do anything with this domain right now.

I was thinking in a situation:

I have a domain and another domainer has a similar domain, but plural, so my domain should be better. This other domainer is negotiating with a buyer and to get an advantage he puts my domain in his shopping cart at one of afternic's partners, so his potential buyer can not see my domain.

I really think that afternic should only place a hold if the payment is processing.

•••
I have a domain that has been pending sale for 2 days and I do not think the funds are being processed. I think someone put it in the shopping cart and then forgot about it, so I can not do anything with this domain right now.

I was thinking in a situation:

I have a domain and another domainer has a similar domain, but plural, so my domain should be better. This other domainer is negotiating with a buyer and to get an advantage he puts my domain in his shopping cart at one of afternic's partners, so his potential buyer can not see my domain.

I really think that afternic should only place a hold if the payment is processing.

Agree.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back