IT.COM

Why some sellers prefer Escrow.com and PayPal over Flippa Escrow?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Haris

Best Domainer Of The End-TimesTop Member
Impact
Hi guys,

Browsing through Flippa listings, I see that most sellers prefer Escrow.com and/or PayPal but no Flippa Escrow. These questions come to mind.

1) Is using PayPal for Flippa sales safe or not? There can be charge-backs right?

2) Is there any extra fees when we use Escrow.com? If there is, then why do sellers prefer Escrow.com over Flippa's Escrow (which is free) ??

3) Who pays Escrow.com fees? Buyers or Sellers? Is there any rule on Flippa regarding this or Seller and Buyer can decide themselves?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa's commision is 10%: https://flippa.com/pricing
Note: all listings that are successfully sold will result in a 10% success fee.

•••
Last edited:
•••
In my opinion PayPal is not safe, any transaction can be reversed during a six month period. I've had a major runin with PayPal in the past, and I consider them to be dishonest.

I've used Escrow, and the whole transaction was efficient and free of any problems. They paid me by cheque, which was what I asked for. The buyer paid the fees, but I undewrstand this can be varied by negotiation.

•••
2) Is there any extra fees when we use Escrow.com?
Yes, depends on Buyer's payment method.
See their website for details...
The same on Sedo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks a lot @Jurgen Wolf and @Kuffy

When PayPal is unsafe and Escrow.com has extra fees.. why do a lot of sellers only accept payments through PayPal and/or Escrow.com but not through Flippa's Escrow, any idea?

•••
Because Escrow.com or Sedo's escrow even with extra fees is significantly cheaper than Flippa's 10%.

•••
Because Escrow.com or Sedo's escrow even with extra fees is significantly cheaper than Flippa's 10%.

I am sorry this is not what I meant to ask.

A seller sells a domain at Flippa through auction and can accept payment through 3 methods, PayPal, Escrow.com and Flippa's Escrow service. 10% of the sale price will be given to Flippa no matter which payment method is chosen. So why pay 10% to Flippa and 3% or so to Escrow.com when the 3% can be saved using Flippa's free Escrow service?

•••
Flippa has other fees, like wire transfer fees and credit card use fee. So depends on the sales amount.

When you consider Pay Pal is not free. With split fees to buyer/seller Escrow.com a lot of protection for $12 on a say $300 sale.

Good Luck

•••
+ Escrow.com supports bulk-transactions up to 30 domains...

•••
•••
You should only use paypal on low fee transactions and or with respectable members you trust.

•••
For sales of up to $1,000 I would always do Flippa Escrow.

•••
All my sales on Flippa completed through Flippa Escrow . It has no problems and is secure. The only rrason you see most of the listings having Escrow.com and Paypal is because Flippa's system automatically sets these two payment methods when you post your listing.

The seller needs to manually tick and add the Flippa Escrow method to his listing. This has been the case for me since they introduced their escrow.

•••
No front to Mr Musk & co. – but PayPal is terrible in relation of safety, for buyer and seller.

•••
i always use flippa escrow its fast , and free

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back