NameSilo

debate Why I'm Bidding On PC.guru and Travel.Agency

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very famous saying by a Swedish psychologist regarding the 4 stages of grieving. First denial, then anger, blame and then acceptance!
I believe that same process happens when you hold beliefs and truths that are proven wrong and die.

There is a lot of people who think I'm in denial of the great opportunity the new gTLDs present. I would maintain its not me but they are in denial and already into the anger phase. The registries I think are already at stage 3 blame. Blaming ICANN for not marketing them to the public.

Denial is easy to prove, if as domainers on here say Travel.Agency is a 5 figure name and worth 6 figures in a few years, that represents a great return, why aren't they bidding on it? Its if domainers are hoping someone else will use their money, to affirm the domainers own belief.

I could be wrong and I'm in denial. My main stance has been they will not be adopted by businesses because they hurt the bottom line rather than enhance.
I would expect, when you try to sell them, business owners will push back on you regarding leaking traffic, leaking emails, heavier marketing costs to educate and the list goes on.

But rather than hold to these beliefs I should challange them. And if I'm wrong I can go straight to the acceptance stage and join the party. If I'm right, then potentially I lose some money, the risk I'm willing to take to test my beliefs and get first hand reactions from potential end users

So why PC.guru and Travel.Agency
PC.guru
is probably one of the best names in that string. Its also only 2 letters and guru is quiet generic. The benefit with generic strings is they have a lot of words that can go left of the dot, its what I call a thick gTLD. Downside is competition, there is expert, pro, ninjia all going for the same space.

Travel.Agency again one of the best names in that string. But its a vertical gTLD which means its a thin gTLD, and has far less meaningfully words that can go left of the dot and so much less competition and options for the enduser.

PC.guru is worth less, but its got many potential endusers (small businesses) may be easier to sell, as the buy price should be quiet reasonable.

Travel.Agency sounds great but can it sell. There are many Travel Agencies but will they pay $10,000 plus for it let alone $100,000 some on here claim.

I'm not going to overpay - I have a good idea what I want to pay for Travel.Agency but PC.guru less so - if you have any feel for this one comment below.

Ideally I want to get them both because it tests both categories of the new gTLDs.
If I am the winner, for the first 3 months I will try outbound selling. If not successful I will leave them up for sale and wait for inbound enquries. If after 1 year I have not sold them, I will put them back up on a no reserve auction and then I can get information of what happened to the wholesale market in a year.

If I'm not successful with these 2 names I will purchase another 2 and let you know the buy price and what my sale price is. I would not be looking at a great return 20% will be enough, to get the best chance of selling and the information I am after.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks Brindle. I wanted a catgorey killer and a good generic. Be hard to get that at reg fee. Also I wanted it to be two names that common consensus are they are good. I didn't want a load of hot air about it was the wrong name or wrong extension. I've set a budget and won't go over it.
I want to test my theory on end users, get an insight and willing to pay for it.

Good that you are looking for EMD, but these are not "Category Killer".
So many names are in gtlds similar to these
Anyhow good luck for your bid!

•••
Usually forums doesn't allow to discuss and disclose about external platform bidding,
Every sales platform keeps the bidder's hide to avoid issues.
But why NP is not bothered here????

•••
Denial is easy to prove, if as domainers on here say Travel.Agency is a 5 figure name and worth 6 figures in a few years, that represents a great return, why aren't they bidding on it? Its if domainers are hoping someone else will use their money, to affirm the domainers own belief.

Because the vast majority of domainers don't have five figures to drop on a single domain, and I'm one of them.

And whilst it is a 5 figure domain right now, stating that it will be worth 6 figures in a few years is a very bold claim, people were saying the same about .mobi way back when, and .info's were almost as expensive as .com's in 2011. You've gone from believing that these domains are highly speculative and high risk, to believing that they are a road to riches in a few days. You were right the first time.

How have you gone from posting epic well researched essays against these new gTLDs which must have taken hours upon hours of thought and reflection as well as research, to declaring that they will increase in value ten fold in a few years, seemingly based on a hunch without any explanation of your reasoning or logic, in the space of a few days?!

It feels almost as if you've been served a legal letter from a sponsor telling you to pipe down :guilty:

Last edited:
•••
This is the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a while....

Its bizarre. I've just watched a documentary on multiple personality disorder, and that would be one of the more acceptable explanations I guess :D

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back