IT.COM

Why has .xyz become so popular?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anwarumair

Established Member
Impact
My question is for experienced domain investors. What could explain the popularity of .xyz? Is that popularity going to decline in 2023? What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What gives you the impression they're popular?

•••
In my opinion dot io is more popular, xyz is a little bit limited.

•••
This is a plot of the zone growth for .xyz.

There is certainly a decline in total .xyz domains (blue line).

This trend will most probably continue during the rest of 2023.

newplot(1).png

•••
My question is for experienced domain investors. What could explain the popularity of .xyz? Is that popularity going to decline in 2023? What do you think?
Who told you the .xyz became pupular ? and from where you got this assumption ?

** Only the one world dictionary domains are getting sold and 97% of it happening with swetha .
** Top quality two words in .xyz are ignored with no demand or sales or value !

So forget about popularity !!! .

Last edited:
•••
It's popular, because it's still cheap to register. And now that the cost of XYZ registrations climbed to 2 bucks, the decline started. if the cost of a XYZ registration was similar to COM, XYZ would have probably vanished.
However, the registry have many spam accounts on NP that downvote anyone that has a different opinion.

Last edited:
•••

it has not become popular.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back