IT.COM

discuss We might be underestimating .xyz

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
XYZ seems to be having immense potential. Why do I say that? Coz I experienced it myself:

Over the past 1 hour, I have been trying to register 2-word meta .xyz names in response to the below thread:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/20-month-experimentation-i-do-what-you-tell.1261812/

I looked for NameBio sales and tried registering .XYZ for the same terms. While I could find 5+ .net and other extensions already available, finding an available .xyz has been impossible.

This is not the first instance. The way we are seeing sales in .xyz especially by DNGear, there definitely seems to be a lot more to XYZ than meets the eye.

nTLDstats shows that .xyz is the new TLD with a 15% market share, 100% above .online with 7.5%.
What's your thought on .xyz? Are you building your portfolio of .xyz as well?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've recently sold a .xyz for low $xx,xxx so the potential is definitely there. I will post the sale on Twitter once I get the .eth equivalent of the name.
Fantastic! Looking forward to it.

•••
Ya, that's the downside of opinions. People have different opinions and that is alright.
🙌👏👍👌👌✌️ Thank you!!

I think we're over estimating .xyz and it's all hype, but I do wish everyone the best in their investments. I won't be bitter when you lot make a load of XYZ profits and I don't.

•••
I own wines.xyz and whiskey.xyz

My partner and I may put them up at the ROTD auction

Last year was offered $15K for wines.xyz and didn’t sell,

•••
🙌👏👍👌👌✌️ Thank you!!

I think we're over estimating .xyz and it's all hype, but I do wish everyone the best in their investments. I won't be bitter when you lot make a load of XYZ profits and I don't.

I don’t know mad

Lots of interesting advantages coming into play w/ .xyz - one of those being their partnership w/ Ethereum - yea that Ethereum, the second most popular crypto and the main crypto-currency used for NFT and Metaverse transactions

Interesting is an understatement, to have the ability to pay or receive crypto from someone on an authorized DNS extension - simply by typing in their domain w/ the .xyz / that’s pretty powerful / loads of potential

•••
I don’t know mad

Lots of interesting advantages coming into play w/ .xyz - one of those being their partnership w/ Ethereum - yea that Ethereum, the second most popular crypto and the main crypto-currency used for NFT and Metaverse transactions

Interesting is an understatement, to have the ability to pay or receive crypto from someone on an authorized DNS extension - simply by typing in their domain w/ the .xyz / that’s pretty powerful / loads of potential
Come on guy …realistically the hype is real..extension is powerfully overrated

Ps; @dncafe I’m not saying the “investment” is worthless

Last edited:
•••
•••
Come on guy …realistically the hype is real..extension is powerfully overrated

Ps; @dncafe I’m not saying the “investment” is worthless

If it was overrated, we wouldn’t be discussing it ... I also want you to know I didn’t give you a thumbs down,

Does .xyz have a lot of hype ... yes it does and it should, Daniel Negari seems to have some high friends in high places and after being absent in the industry he has made some major moves ... I truly believe the biggest one is his ability to see beyond what “old world domainers” see ...

I mean ask yourself why didn’t Verisign approach Ethereum or the likes there of to establish a crypto-currency relationship between domains ^ where is the growing value “rarity” “keywords” ... I’m sorry but now a days when I look at the reported DN Journal sales, it’s not keywords, it’s some made up shit that someone got lucky selling for a stupid amount ... and many times it’s popular investors that everyone knows ^ then once a year we will see one to a few major million dollar .com sales and if we are lucky we will see a large GTLD sale ...

Let me be frank, if a digital painting of a fucking ape can sell for a million dollars, are our names not worth more then this

How is that as domainers we have grown so lazy and non innovative that we cannot grow the domain industry to the same heights as a new industry like NFTS, we’re trying, however we are so combative we aren’t getting anywhere, now a days endusers want some “brandable name” that will cost them tens of millions to market or they go back and forth with someone like Mike Mann or Rick Schwartz for 5-10 years to score a $10M deal and then we are all ecstatic ...

Meanwhile Bored Ape

Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC), a collection of coveted non-fungible tokens (NFTs), has now generated more than $1 billion in total sales. The cumulative sales figure for the 10,000-piece collection now stands at roughly $1.03 billion ... wtaf

Honest to god, if we just stood up as domainers together and worked together and didn’t shit on each-others investments / we probably could grow the value to the same degree

PS - my partner and I own the single keywords

wines.xyz

&

whiskey.xyz

Last edited:
•••
If it was overrated, we wouldn’t be discussing it ... I also want you to know I didn’t give you a thumbs down,

Does .xyz have a lot of hype ... yes it does and it should, Daniel Negari seems to have some high friends in high places and after being absent in the industry he has made some major moves ... I truly believe the biggest one is his ability to see beyond what “old world domainers” see ...

I mean ask yourself why didn’t Verisign approach Ethereum or the likes there of to establish a crypto-currency relationship between domains ^ where is the growing value “rarity” “keywords” ... I’m sorry but now a days when I look at the reported DN Journal sales, it’s not keywords, it’s some made up shit that someone got lucky selling for a stupid amount ... and many times it’s popular investors that everyone knows ^ then once a year we will see one to a few major million dollar .com sales and if we are lucky we will see a large GTLD sale ...

Let me be frank, if a digital painting of a fucking ape can sell for a million dollars, are our names not worth more then this

How is that as domainers we have grown so lazy and non innovative that we cannot grow the domain industry to the same heights as a new industry like NFTS, we’re trying, however we are so combative we aren’t getting anywhere, now a days endusers want some “brandable name” that will cost them tens of millions to market or they go back and forth with someone like Mike Mann or Rick Schwartz for 5-10 years to score a $10M deal and then we are all ecstatic ...

Meanwhile Bored Ape

Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC), a collection of coveted non-fungible tokens (NFTs), has now generated more than $1 billion in total sales. The cumulative sales figure for the 10,000-piece collection now stands at roughly $1.03 billion ... wtaf

Honest to god, if we just stood up as domainers together and worked together and didn’t shit on each-others investments / we probably could grow the value to the same degree

PS - my partner and I own the single keywords

wines.xyz

&

whiskey.xyz
I’m definitely not worried about thumbs down but you certainly made some decent points

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back