IT.COM

Why GoDaddy discount club?

NameSilo
Watch

siddardha

Established Member
Impact
Why would any one signup for Godaddy discount club?

It costs 126.77 USD (8,159 INR) annually and then the price for a .com is 9.15 USD (589 INR)

While I can get for cheap at Namesilo for 8.81 USD (my last domain cost was 566.73 INR)

And I don't see the benefit of the Free addons like cashparking and free auctions membership when mostly everyone parks at a dedicated provider and auctions membership costs around 6 USD

***The INR prices are for the Indian customers and the USD pricing is from my conversions on google.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think Godaddy is a registrar for end users and not for domainers. Many would disagree with me though. :)

•••
I think Godaddy is a registrar for end users and not for domainers. Many would disagree with me though. :)

I agree. Their pricing only seems reasonable for end users as they might need frequent help with managing domains

Godaddy is the only domaining company that reached out to our entire country on TV!

•••
You can use a coupon making the discount club much cheaper. Easy to find a 30% off coupon.
Domains cost 8.29 USD (8.47 after taxes) on GD with the discount club.

•••
You can use a coupon making the discount club much cheaper. Easy to find a 30% off coupon.
Domains cost 8.29 USD (8.47 after taxes) on GD with the discount club.

If we take a net cost, after applying a ~30% coupon, the cost of DDC comes to $90 + 15% tax (In India) (=$104). Add to that, domains will cost $8.29+15% tax (=$9.54)

On NS, it costs me $8.89 with the NS discount club. So, no matter how I slice or dice it, it still is more expensive on GD.

It may be. But then I don't think DDC is a product that targets end-users who typically will not own hundreds or thousands of domains

•••
DDC doesnt target end users of course, its for domain investors though I dont see any actual benefit

The cheapest I have seen from a registrar is LCN at $7.81 for more than 100 domains

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back