status-duplicate Why domain buyers have so many threats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Seeing so many posts in WTB section where domain requesters are threatning reporting and banning for not sending their kind of names....

Many posts are not even clear...why so much anger in the marketplace ? LOL..lets discuss

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actually you state a good point to a degree. I get both sides. But since many are just fishing to hand pick gems from unsuspecting holders than the sincere buyer posts could at least be more specific on requirements.
Some are a obsurdly indirect.
But I also think there is a more constructive way to open the flood gates for the topic versus battle each other when were all in the same career or hobby that's difficult enough as it is.

•••
Many are delusional, thinking that they can purchase valuable domains, for peanuts. They deserve the junk they are being offered.

Offering to report members and threatening bans, should not be acceptable at NP.

•••
Yes true..in a marketplace everyone is seeking a deal...but wanting to buy a expensive domain for 50 bucks and posting threats of banning you for not sending exactly the same type of names is not a justified way of posting requests...just because you are buying and showing your liquidity to eager sellers doesnt warrant such posts....am i right?

•••
Put up a request and you'll see why.

Example: I am looking to buy ABCDE pattern in .com ONLY $150 budget

You receive messages like: Sir I have PoodleWashingCoupons.Horse for $10000000000 only

•••
Seriously..lol that vague or uneducated are the marketplace sellers and buyers..

•••
No matter what the stated budget they want to buy your name for $25 😂 believe me. Or they are simply looking for ideas. Very few serious buyers.

I have seen the sharp language and I get it people send garbage or don’t even read your request.

The ones that are rude in the post are best not to deal with period. I had someone report me wrongly and I reported him right back in 2017.

When people show you who they are believe them.

This place is primarily for unloading names you don’t want— cheaply.

There has been one big deal reported publicly in the 20 months I have been here.

Last edited:
•••
I recently had a WTB thread and I got quite a lot of the PoodleWashingCoupons.Horse kind of messages. I didn't report anybody and didn't threaten anybody in my WTB post but I can understand why posters do that. When you ask for something and people totally ignore what you asked for and send you irrelevant domains or delusional offers because they have zero understanding of domaining (zero is quite generous for some of them)... then it's spam, your time is wasted and it clutters up your inbox interrupting you to scan legitimate domain offers. So I can definitely understand why people are very strict about receiving this kind of spam that can also become harassment since some of them keep sending more and more messages with domains I would only take if I'd be paid for it (a sum worth dealing with these type of sellers and this nonsense).

Last edited:
•••
yes very true...but in spite of such posts I still see people PM and many replies..is domain sales a desperate industry now? I would never reply to a post that is so rude and blunt ... I am sure 20 replies does not take thousands of dollars lost time to read time to read or ignore..:)

to add there are still many posts with vague requirements...no niche mentioned...just wanted 2 words.......what two words ? nothing defined and then there is complain..

Last edited:
•••
I've only sent a few names in the marketplace to buyers to see if they may be interested in a purchase.

But I also read their requirements and send only what they may be asking for or interested in.

I've had nothing but good feedback from those who I sent them to but no sale and that's ok too.

The name met the requirements but just wasn't the name they were looking for I guess

•••
•••
Seeing so many posts in WTB section where domain requesters are threatning reporting and banning for not sending their kind of names....

Many posts are not even clear...why so much anger in the marketplace ? LOL..lets discuss

If a buyer is clear with what they want and realistic in their budget, then I don't blame them really.
I quit opening WTB threads because I get flooded with endless unrelated stuff no matter how specific I am.

I don't report it though. I just ignore it.

Brad

•••
Lol..

After reading the title I thought some other issue... I think you didn't came across that "threat" thread otherwise you will be rethinking of opening this thread... ;)

You are correct...but I think it as precautionary measure to discourage people sending irrelevant names...

That might be okay to certain level...still that is not a good way though...another simple way they also mention they won't respond if they don't like the names...it is also filtering some people..a reasonable way I think.

Sometimes new members are posting in comments itself repeatedly and it will be considered spamming...I think the same is happening in DM also.

•••
I started a WTB thread a few months back. I was very specific about my wants and price (quite low). I wasn't flooded by all those kind of posts. maybe 1 or 2 over the month the thread was active. I had a couple of unrealistic prices wanted. I bought a couple of domains. When I posted. I was expecting the deluge being described here. But it never happened for me. YMMV.

•••
Both sides have their cons:

1. The requester sometimes make outrageous requests, such as asking for serious one word.com's for pennies. And sometimes put examples of the bad one worders they don't want. No one currently in mind, so don't take offense.

2. The requester sometimes expects a quality name for peanuts. But sometimes a quality name is offered at the budgets max, like say $400. Now the requester may get upset thinking that someone is submitting a name for that price because it's on the high end of their budget. When sometimes in reality, a seller is sacrificing by selling the name that low. In any other situation the name may be sold for 4 figures. I remember getting MrSmile.com for low to mid xxx and i sold it for 6k. Every name is different.

3. However, I also requested names in the distant past and i remember many submissions were not even of the same subject i requested. It's like people were just throwing out names trying to sell regardless. So If I said I wanted two word names with the keywords brand and media alone in it. Somehow people would send names like polioritis, traveltozinzane.com, all kinds of unrelated stuff and nonsense at that.

4. Only Nampros can stop intentionally bad submissions, by actually having a clear consequence. No excuses. For requesters, there's not much we can do...simply know better and and just ignore the post.

•••
I agree with the OP, all the threads won't stop spammers with crappy names, but may stop related domains, my 2 cents.

•••
I guess no one has right to threat any one on the forum. If someone threats you to ban on this forum should be reported immediately.

•••
Ignored every single requester if I got no response after submiting exactly what they ask for, within their budget. My ignore list is huuuuge. They can waste my time only once.

•••
Seeing so many posts in WTB section where domain requester are threatening reporting and banning for not sending their kind of names....

It is because some buyers treat the Sellers in NamePros as beggars. First of all, these buyers do not have manners or courtesy to even reply or acknowledge the names that they receive. Sending our names to these WTB is sheer waste of time. I am writing this because I have been experiencing non-responsive attitudes from the these so called buyers. They think as if they are the kings just because they posted a WTB thread.

•••
send your unwanted rubbish to those buyers & don't take it personal.

The ones that are serious, want your best domain for pennies, don't give it to them.

imo..

•••
It is because some buyers treat the Sellers in NamePros as beggars. First of all, these buyers do not have manners or courtesy to even reply or acknowledge the names that they receive. Sending our names to these WTB is sheer waste of time. I am writing this because I have been experiencing non-responsive attitudes from the these so called buyers. They think as if they are the kings just because they posted a WTB thread.

Most of members don't give a damn to be polite and reply "thanks but I have to pass" because it's waste of their time to be nice. Yet they want to waste your time to send them a list of wanted names.

•••
I wrote about this in great detail, it's been going on for a long time and nothing is going to stop people spamming and nothing is going to stop people from reporting spammers.

Some get upset when they don’t get a reply, but here is the tricky thing with replies.

A hypothetical example:

Buyer: Looking for color animal.com $500 budget

Seller: ChartreusePelican.com $500

Buyer: Thanks for the submission, but I am going to pass.

Seller: Why? Why? Are you telling me chartreuse is not a color bro? Because it is. Have you never seen a pelican?

Buyer: Well to be honest I have never seen a pelican in person but I do know what it is, thanks. P.S. I know chartreuse is a color.

Seller: Well hey why I got you, do you buy any .io domains because I got a couple killer .ios bro.

Buyer: Yeah you didn’t have me, I made the mistake of replying back to a domains wanted submission.

I have had people say to me they want to name and shame all those that have sent them off requirement submissions, kind of like a Hall of Shame for domains wanted.

Others report submissions as spam and depending on the situation I believe Namepros will issue warnings which can lead to an account suspension if you accumulate enough points.

There is no perfect solution, I read a thread on Namepros today where one gentleman wants Namepros mods to authenticate buyers.

Let the buyers with zero feedback first prove their authenticated identity with NamePros management with their proof of ID cards.

https://tldinvestors.com/2018/11/domains-wanted-threads-the-new-definition-of-insanity.html

•••
Now to be clear, I was getting ready to start a post in suggestions over the weekend, about are Domain wanted threads too vague? I think when someone says looking for brandable and keywords, ok great what else? That's too vague, and I was going to pm Eric to ask what happens if people report someone, and it's vague. Years ago it was my suggestion as a mod to do away with x, xx and make it $$$ because when you say budget xxx is that $100 or $999? That was a good change imo, it's all about increasing transparency.

I believe in being specific, I try to always do that, so if I am looking for LLmedia.com names and state a budget and make clear, only interested in LLmedia.com names and you send other names, that's spam.

If someone says looking for brandable names, if not what I asked for, I will report you, that's over the top. You need to be more specific, some people believe a brandable cannot contain numbers for example, others do. Nobody is wrong they are each entitled to their opinion, no one should be reporting that.

Namepros has always been under the mantra, anyone can ask for anything they like, (so long as legal) and if their budget is too low, move along. and that's probably the right way to handle it. Then human nature takes over, some people just feel the need to comment because they get upset.

Yes, no one is looking to pay you the money you want when you first regged the name or won it at auction. I do think some threads border on absurdity and it just sets people off.

I once suggested let's have a bargain bin of domains wanted threads a separate area so if people are looking to give you a $1 to $100, keep them there, people with real budgets that are larger, have a separate section so then some would not be triggered by, Hey peeps looking for first name.coms $20 to $100. I mean no one is selling a first name .com for anything close to that, unless we are playing the oh "technically" in a language that was spoken 1000 years ago it was a first name.

Namepros does a great job in auctions with all the specs that need to be stated.

Maybe for Domains Wanted threads there needs to be increased requirements.

Brandable too vague, you must be more specific, I am looking for madeup words 5 to 6 letters that are pronounceable, instead of just saying brandable.

Looking for one word .com, real popular words or more obscure words that would be worth less. When you just say one word, people are going to find any one word and send it at your max $10,000 price.

Management should also state what happens when a pm is reported? Are they always taking that as spam and an infraction? If they are not people might be wasting their time threatening members in their posts and wasting time reporting it.

•••
hey

if maturity in thought and consideration existed, in and for each occurrence where both parties communicated...

then, it might be better.

however, the rampant desire to sell, anything, regardless of it's quality or appeal, to anybody, indiscriminately, has perverted the communitys' conscience to a level of "non acceptance of responsibility"., for their actions.

that is to say,
vast majority of these domainers don't care what names they send or submit, or to who/whom they send it to.

attitudes need to change, members have show more respect and maybe restraint, for wtb posted criteria and.... buyers should also respect, respective price ranges, if they expect to get submissions that meet their interest.

just saying, puff... puff... ahhhhhhhhh

imo….

•••
Ignored every single requester if I got no response after submiting exactly what they ask for, within their budget. My ignore list is huuuuge. They can waste my time only once.

Interesting stance....... I think I'll do the same.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back