status-duplicate Why domain buyers have so many threats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

domain12345

Established Member
Impact
Seeing so many posts in WTB section where domain requesters are threatning reporting and banning for not sending their kind of names....

Many posts are not even clear...why so much anger in the marketplace ? LOL..lets discuss

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Both sides have their cons:

1. The requester sometimes make outrageous requests, such as asking for serious one word.com's for pennies. And sometimes put examples of the bad one worders they don't want. No one currently in mind, so don't take offense.

2. The requester sometimes expects a quality name for peanuts. But sometimes a quality name is offered at the budgets max, like say $400. Now the requester may get upset thinking that someone is submitting a name for that price because it's on the high end of their budget. When sometimes in reality, a seller is sacrificing by selling the name that low. In any other situation the name may be sold for 4 figures. I remember getting MrSmile.com for low to mid xxx and i sold it for 6k. Every name is different.

3. However, I also requested names in the distant past and i remember many submissions were not even of the same subject i requested. It's like people were just throwing out names trying to sell regardless. So If I said I wanted two word names with the keywords brand and media alone in it. Somehow people would send names like polioritis, traveltozinzane.com, all kinds of unrelated stuff and nonsense at that.

4. Only Nampros can stop intentionally bad submissions, by actually having a clear consequence. No excuses. For requesters, there's not much we can do...simply know better and and just ignore the post.

Why should requesters get a pass? If one side has to meet some standard then so should requesters.

I am tired of the supposed big budget threads that want your good names for $25– that’s deception 101.

Also they never buy and their number never goes up because smart people don’t give their good names away.

If there was a mandatory minimum that could eradicate some of the cheapos posting like say minimum $50.

In defense of people not sending replies to your PM— you realize a request thread garners hundreds of responses? Not just the small fraction that post pm sent. What reply would you like —not what I am looking for? Not getting a reply is a reply. You are taking it way to personally.

Another possibility for requesters that I am sure some people take advantage of to eliminate spam is “ignore future messages from this person” in your inbox.

•••
Why should requesters get a pass? If one side has to meet some standard then so should requesters.

I am tired of the supposed big budget threads that want your good names for $25– that’s deception 101.

Also they never buy and their number never goes up because smart people don’t give their good names away.

If there was a mandatory minimum that could eradicate some of the cheapos posting like say minimum $50.

In defense of people not sending replies to your PM— you realize a request thread garners hundreds of responses? Not just the small fraction that post pm sent. What reply would you like —not what I am looking for? Not getting a reply is a reply. You are taking it way to personally.

Another possibility for requesters that I am sure some people take advantage of to eliminate spam is “ignore future messages from this person” in your inbox.
Not sending replies? I mentioned nothing about that. I only send people actually send replies but the names have nothing to do with what i requested. Not sure what's personal here? maybe you're misunderstanding me?

As far as people who make outrageous request, I do believe there should be some way to redflag these. But i'm just not sure how yet. People can post a name for 1 million dollars...it's frustrating but how do we fix this? Maybe when they spend all their money and two years making no sales? maybe that's the remedy.

I like your idea about the messaging...stopping any future messages from people who willfully send names that do not in anyway relate to the request.

•••
Interesting stance....... I think I'll do the same.

Imo, main problem is that most members in request section or NP marketplace are not even close being businessmen. Sellers just want fast money and requesters just want dream deal NO MATTER HOW. Their decency is at low level and they don't care about their reputation or market reality. I cannot imagine doing my main business that way. They don't understand that doing business with decent manners will lead only to good things. Right people will credit their reply and it can lead them to new possibilities.
Of course you don't need to reply if someone send you PigeonPaws.Horse. But I'm definitely not sending names out of specifications when I finally decide to sell name with wholesale price - response rate: 1 or 2 out of 100 - literally!
Once I made a request for a specific .com name up to ~$150. It was like 60% crap out of specs, 35% sorry not interested or low quality names, 5% not that bad. Bought a name in less than 7 days. Spam DMs were just 1 click and 1 lol. No much time wasted. Sometimes fun sometimes annoying, but not even close to frustration when you decide to submit your good name for reseller price and not even getting reply for exact request.
Ignore button is made for that - you can restrict shady, delusional, not serious etc. members to waste your time and give you frustration again.
Cheers

•••
Hello,

We understand that there are multiple issues surrounding Buyer Requests on both the buying and selling side of it. We, including members, are all trying to figure out ways to improve the process. Buyer Requests serves a real need, which is why it is so popular, but with that level of popularity comes a lot of issues, too.

While members shouldn't be threatening each other, it does make sense for buyers to remind sellers of the rules and that they will be reported if they do not follow the buyer's criteria. However, when reports are received, a moderator will ultimately decide whether a rule violation has occurred. If the buyer's criteria is vague or ambiguous, then it will not be deemed a rule violation even if the buyer says it does not meet their criteria; the buyer decides what they write as the criteria, but the moderators decide what it means and whether it is a rule violation, not the reporter.

Let's continue brainstorming solutions:

I once suggested let's have a bargain bin of domains wanted threads a separate area so if people are looking to give you a $1 to $100, keep them there, people with real budgets that are larger, have a separate section so then some would not be triggered by, Hey peeps looking for first name.coms $20 to $100. I mean no one is selling a first name .com for anything close to that, unless we are playing the oh "technically" in a language that was spoken 1000 years ago it was a first name.
We hope the filters in Buyer Requests serves this purpose:

Maybe for Domains Wanted threads there needs to be increased requirements.
We are always open to adding new rules and requirements for the Buyer Requests section.

Please share any suggestions in the following thread:
Thanks.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back