IT.COM

Why Does Epik Continue to Accept Orders It Knows It Can't Process?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NamesNewbie

Established Member
Impact
I've been a long-time customer of Epik and used to really like their overall service. But recently both the quality of their service and support have went downhill big time imo.

It's been a very long time they are not being able to process domain transfer orders for .in and .co.in domains. In fact, my last order with them for even .com domains have failed. It's been like months they are having this issue.

But the shocking part is that they neither fix it nor stop accepting new transfer orders. I keep forgetting that they are now having this issue since like forever and keep making transfer orders, only to have to request a refund and again transfer the domain at some other registrar. This time they their customer representative even asked me to send an email for the refund request saying their policies don't allow issuing a "direct" refund.

And this is despite the issue being at their end and the customer already having to go through quite a bit of hassle. Never expected this from Epik which used to be one of my favorite domain registrars once.

The thing that annoys me the most is that they continue to accept orders and payments as usual when it's been like months they are not being able to process .in and .co.in transfer orders (not sure if they have sorted out the problem with .coms). And then make the customer follow their rigid policies to request a refund and take their own sweet time to refund the payment.

I know it sounds like a rant, it probably is. But I thought it's important to share this experience especially because they are behaving so irresponsibly on purpose!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back