Dynadot

Dynadot Why Does It Take So Long

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Steve Andersen

Established Member
Impact
I am new to Dynadot. I placed more domain orders last night for around 30 domains. (1) was a .com the rest lower level TLDs The .com showed up in my domains in a couple minutes. The others show processing.

I did online chat with them last night and was told there was a back end issue pushing order to registrar they were escalating to their engineering team.

So 12+ hours later still no domains. Should I just order them with another registrar and ask for a refund?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
We are sorry for the delays, we are experiencing problems with CentralNic TLDs currently but are hopeful that the issue will be resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience.

•••
We are sorry for the delays, we are experiencing problems with CentralNic TLDs currently but are hopeful that the issue will be resolved shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I wanted to ask is the comment from this person on the good the bad the ugly - Dynadot accurate:

Dynadot must be the worst domain registrar based on the fact they do NOT register domains when the domain registration order is placed (paid).

The time gap between β€˜registering’ a domain name and the domain name actually getting registered by Dynadot is anywhere from 1 hour to more than 24 hours!

So I β€˜registered’ and paid for domain registrations and 24hrs later the domains are still not registered and free for anyone else to register!

Unbelievable! In 2019 that a domain registrar does NOT register the domain the instant the order is paid for.

Dynadot response was that they do not have the ability to register domain names straight away.
THAT IS REALLY BAD FOR DOMAINERS!

https://www.thedomains.com/2019/06/06/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-dynadot-2019-edition/

Thank you

•••
I have quite a few domains (.com but also a number of different new extensions) registered at Dynadot and have never had a delay issue even once (and I would say the same about the other registrars I am currently using). It appears this is a short term problem on only a certain number of TLDs. While I can understand the frustration of the OP, it is encouraging that @Dynadot has responded promptly to the post here.
Bob

•••
To follow up... After posting on here all 3 of my orders have been fulfilled finally.

•••
So sorry about the delay, Steve, and thank you for your patience. Typically, orders are processed as soon as they're submitted unless it requires manual approval (i.e. due to verification requests) or in cases like yours where we're having trouble connecting with the registry.

•••
So sorry about the delay, Steve, and thank you for your patience. Typically, orders are processed as soon as they're submitted unless it requires manual approval (i.e. due to verification requests) or in cases like yours where we're having trouble connecting with the registry.
Thanks for the quick response.

•••
same thing happened here, been waiting for 6 hours, still processing, usually fast process, but now very slow meanwhile order already paid. And the chat support offline for such a long time.

Last edited:
•••
same thing happened here, been waiting for 6 hours, still processing, usually fast process, but now very slow meanwhile order already paid. And the chat support offline for such a long time.
I am sorry to hear that, our chat support has been more limited than usual this past weekend due to unforeseen circumstances unfortunately. The order may have needed manual approval from our orders team, I would be happy to check that for you if you would like to message us privately with your Dynadot username and the order number.

•••
I wanted to ask is the comment from this person on the good the bad the ugly - Dynadot accurate:

Dynadot must be the worst domain registrar based on the fact they do NOT register domains when the domain registration order is placed (paid).

The time gap between β€˜registering’ a domain name and the domain name actually getting registered by Dynadot is anywhere from 1 hour to more than 24 hours!

So I β€˜registered’ and paid for domain registrations and 24hrs later the domains are still not registered and free for anyone else to register!

Unbelievable! In 2019 that a domain registrar does NOT register the domain the instant the order is paid for.

Dynadot response was that they do not have the ability to register domain names straight away.
THAT IS REALLY BAD FOR DOMAINERS!

https://www.thedomains.com/2019/06/06/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-dynadot-2019-edition/

Thank you

It certainly has not been my experience I have about 35 domains at Dynadot, over a number of different TLDs including legacy and new, and in every case it was active in my account within a minute or two.

PS Edit: I wonder if it depends on payment method at all? I use PayPal at Dynadot.

Last edited:
•••
I am sorry to hear that, our chat support has been more limited than usual this past weekend due to unforeseen circumstances unfortunately. The order may have needed manual approval from our orders team, I would be happy to check that for you if you would like to message us privately with your Dynadot username and the order number.

Thank you my order already completed!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back